This is excellent mate, I appreciate how much effort has gone into it and the attributes seem pretty accurate to me. I'll definitely give this a go, probably as the 50's busby side. Well done, it deserves more attention than it's getting so far

This is excellent mate, I appreciate how much effort has gone into it and the attributes seem pretty accurate to me. I'll definitely give this a go, probably as the 50's busby side. Well done, it deserves more attention than it's getting so far

Thanks again! You guys are really kind, I wish I'd posted this sooner, lol.

Btw, if anyone has any issues about attributes, PPM's or anything really, let me know and I'll make any appropriate changes.

Hi,can you tell me how do i get this to work? Download it,put it to the Editor Data folder and then what? Do i have to choose custom database when i start a new game? Can i still use the default database after i use this one ? Sorry i have many uestions as i've never used a custom database before. Anyway,seems like a masterpiece man.i'll definitely give this a go with the 98-99 MU :D

Hi,can you tell me how do i get this to work? Download it,put it to the Editor Data folder and then what? Do i have to choose custom database when i start a new game? Can i still use the default database after i use this one ? Sorry i have many uestions as i've never used a custom database before. Anyway,seems like a masterpiece man.i'll definitely give this a go with the 98-99 MU :D

There should be an instruction "readme" file included in the download, but no worries, it's very simple.

First, do as you thought, put the .dbc file in your "editor data" folder, then put the logos etc in your "graphics" folder.

Now start FM, click "New Game", then tick the option that says "change" in the bottom right corner. You then choose my database and continue as normal. Once you get to the choosing nations part, choose the British Virgin Islands in North America as that is where the database is based.

If you want to, you can always load England, Spain, or any other leagues to run alongside as you normally would, it's totally up to you.

After, if you want to start a new game without my database (but why would you do that? ;) ), then just go through the same process again, but un-tick the database.

Good luck, hope you enjoy it!

Last edited:
Thanks so much for your help Benny, I've managed to get it to work :) Have to say, i'm really impressed with this database and the amount of work u've put into it. Really appreciate it :)

Thanks so much for your help Benny, I've managed to get it to work :) Have to say, i'm really impressed with this database and the amount of work u've put into it. Really appreciate it :)

Great! I'm happy you like it.

Hey Brilliant, You are A LEGEND! Definitely going for 1950's side! Can I ask you if and how to put these teams in real time game?

I mean can I put United team of 1950 in place of current united side in a whole different game? I would love to play both simultaneously!

Hey Brilliant, You are A LEGEND! Definitely going for 1950's side! Can I ask you if and how to put these teams in real time game?

I mean can I put United team of 1950 in place of current united side in a whole different game? I would love to play both simultaneously!

You could do that, but not with the database I've given you.

To do that, you're probably better off just creating the 50's side from scratch and copying over the data to replace current Man United.

Just one thing, what do I call the folder which I put it in? Is it databases?

EDIT: Nvm, found that, do I just put the whole folder in to Editor Data? If someone would kindly explain please? :D

EDIT: Got it all, didn't realise there was a help file :p thanks! ^_^

Last edited:
Just one thing, what do I call the folder which I put it in? Is it databases?

EDIT: Nvm, found that, do I just put the whole folder in to Editor Data? If someone would kindly explain please? :D

EDIT: Got it all, didn't realise there was a help file :p thanks! ^_^

Haha, I'm glad you worked it out. Enjoy!

Brilliant work, unbelievable effort!! Downloaded and looking forward to playing it.

I was wondering - you must know a lot about editing at this stage - if it's possible to change how well AI-controlled teams perform in FM by editing some characteristic like, for example, their reputation. Basically, City and Liverpool are languishing around 7th or 8th in most of my games and it's just not as much fun winning the league with Utd when they're not even in contention. Sorry, new to the forum and didn't know where else to ask this.

finished the download .will try to play this awesome database. top class stuff . will inform you with my game as soon as possible.

do you mind if I share your database to the forum in my country ? will write the all credits goes to you :)

because this is a must share for die hard united fans who love to play fm

any of you that have a preferred websites about how united play in early years at 1909 or else ? with formation , and playing style . thanks :)

Last edited:
Brilliant work, unbelievable effort!! Downloaded and looking forward to playing it.

I was wondering - you must know a lot about editing at this stage - if it's possible to change how well AI-controlled teams perform in FM by editing some characteristic like, for example, their reputation. Basically, City and Liverpool are languishing around 7th or 8th in most of my games and it's just not as much fun winning the league with Utd when they're not even in contention. Sorry, new to the forum and didn't know where else to ask this.

First, I hope you enjoy it, mate!

Second, reputations is one thing I don't know much about. I judged it based on comparisons with real life teams more than anything else. For instance, the '77 side was a bit of a cup team, but not a threat in the league, so I thought... Liverpool. '99 side was on top of the world... Barcelona... etc etc.

Sorry I'm not much help!

finished the download .will try to play this awesome database. top class stuff . will inform you with my game as soon as possible.

do you mind if I share your database to the forum in my country ? will write the all credits goes to you :)

because this is a must share for die hard united fans who love to play fm

any of you that have a preferred websites about how united play in early years at 1909 or else ? with formation , and playing style . thanks :)

My friend, you are welcome to share this database wherever you want, and I appreciate that you will give me credit, lol. Where are you from? I'd like to see where it is shared :)

the 1909, '48 and '57 sides are pretty much impossible to re-create in terms of "real life" formation because they played in the days before there was an offside rule so the formations were VERY different. I tried to replicate this formation in FM, but I found it pretty much impossible, the closest I could get was a 4-1-3-2 formation with a DM and I had to turn the full-back type of players into right/left wing backs to translate it into modern football.

If you're interested, teams used to have 2 full backs, 3 half backs and 5 forwards (2 wingers, 2 inside forwards and a centre forward)... it looked a bit like this:

- - - - - - - - - - - GK - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - FB - - - - - - - - FB - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- HB - - - - - - - - HB - - - - - - - - - HB - -
- W - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - W - -
- - - - - IF - - - - - - - - - - - - IF - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - CF - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My friend, you are welcome to share this database wherever you want, and I appreciate that you will give me credit, lol. Where are you from? I'd like to see where it is shared :)

the 1909, '48 and '57 sides are pretty much impossible to re-create in terms of "real life" formation because they played in the days before there was an offside rule so the formations were VERY different. I tried to replicate this formation in FM, but I found it pretty much impossible, the closest I could get was a 4-1-3-2 formation with a DM and I had to turn the full-back type of players into right/left wing backs to translate it into modern football.

If you're interested, teams used to have 2 full backs, 3 half backs and 5 forwards (2 wingers, 2 inside forwards and a centre forward)... it looked a bit like this:

- - - - - - - - - - - GK - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - FB - - - - - - - - FB - - - - - - - -
- HB - - - - - - - - HB - - - - - - - - - HB - -
- W - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - W - -
- - - - - IF - - - - - - - - - - - - IF - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - CF - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm from Indonesia :D , click THIS , check the post number #9704 , that's my post , but I think you're not gonna understand what I said in there ^^) , fyi , I shared it in Football Manager 2012 threads from the largest Indonesian community forum called Kaskus :D

ok well , so the 1909, '48 and '57 sides are likely to use that formation , thanks mate :)

I'm from Indonesia :D , click THIS , check the post number #9704 , that's my post , but I think you're not gonna understand what I said in there ^^) , fyi , I shared it in Football Manager 2012 threads from the largest Indonesian community forum called Kaskus :D

ok well , so the 1909, '48 and '57 sides are likely to use that formation , thanks mate :)

Haha well you were right, I didn't understand much and google translate didn't help either! Thanks for getting the word out though, I hope more people get to play!

Brilliant, thanks for this... Best :wub: