• Roy Carroll

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Craig Gordon

Votes: 15 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I

iNickStuff

There are quite a few contenders for the England No. 1 shirt currently as we know while Fabio Capello prepares his 23-man squad to take to his first-ever World Cup finals campaign.Amongst the contenders as the likes of Chris Kirland,Scott Carson,Ben Foster and Robert Green but none of them have exceeded the standards that were set by the only English World Cup winning goalkeeper - the legendary Gordon Banks in 1966 on British turf.

But then you have to think about the likes of goalkeepers who aren't English.Craig Gordon? Allan McGregor? Wayne Hennessey? Shay Given? Please give your vote on (currently) the best British goalkeepers in the land - basically England :P (excludes Manuel Almunia)

(Maybe even give a shout-out to goalkeepers who haven't been given a mention..)

well according to my fm game as arsenal in october 2010 manuel almunia is lol
I think you forgot david james and paul robinson, I think Paul Robinson is the best english one though :P

I think Paul Robnison has done fairly well for blackburn really consistant unlike the time he was tottenham so i guess he deserves a call up again.

Joe hart for the future tho hes awesome.

well according to my fm game as arsenal in october 2010 manuel almunia is lol
I think you forgot david james and paul robinson, I think Paul Robinson is the best english one though :P

No I didn't,they're in the poll :P

Joe Hart has made teh most saves out of any Gk in the Premiership this season! some of the saves i have seen have been incredible (coming from a gk)

he is a fantastic gk and is getting alot of valuble experience at Birmingham for World Cup! i think if he is not injured, Capello will take Robinson as his no.1 or Joe Hart cant decide, then Green maybe as backup or Carson!

Why is Shay Given a choice? He isn't British.

True,but let's make him an exception.He's a fantastic goalkeeper and did so fantastically well at Newcastle United before their drop.

Currently, Given.

But for England I think James and Hart for 2010

Manuel Almu..

I put Shay Given, although he's not British XD

Shay Given (even though he's not British). Otherwise Foster/Green

I ddnt see shay given i shud have voted for him
but in terms of england joe hart

Shay Given (even though he's not British). Otherwise Foster/Green

Foster has been rubbish recently, Hart and Green are two best English keepers' closely followed by James, I have no doubt James will take number 1 shirt though, Paul Robinson has been that good this season, his positional sense is rubbish sometimes.

Roy Carroll?????
He could not even get in at Derby so they released him

Back