Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Roy Carroll

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Craig Gordon

Votes: 15 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
given by far, and i cant be biased against hart as he plays for my club lol

I say SHay Given. He is a legend at St James Park, one of the best GKs to never win a trophy....

in my game during world cup 2010, england keeper is Almunia...
but for real world i think capello should take joe hart, paul robison and david green.....

Currently, Given.

Given isn't British. Or, for that matter, any good.

For me it's a tight race between James and Gordon, but James just edges it, I think.

Ben Foster would be a lot better with some regular first-team action under his belt. He really needs to stop being satisfied with being United's forgotten man, and demand a move posthaste, for the sake of his own career if nothing else.

Robert Green is also very much worth a mention. Don't know what went wrong with Paul Robinson. he was good for ages then suddenly turned into a pile of ****.

And what about Chris Kirkland and Scott Carson? Weren't they both quite promising a few years ago? WTF happened?

Kirkland - Plagued by injury after injury after injury.
Carson - In The Championship with West Brom

Shame Really :S

Kirkland - Plagued by injury after injury after injury.
Carson - In The Championship with West Brom

Shame Really :S

Both ****, I suppose if were allowed to include Irish players, I can put forward Buffon and Reina.

having seen the amount of votes for joe hart, and shay given, i wanna tell all the joe hart fans that your are completely wrong.

Without being biased at all, Lee Camp. He's been great so far this year, you have to admit!

But he has no chance of going to SA. So i'll say either Given or Joe Hart.
Isn't Almunia eligible to play for England?

Lee Camp every day of the week ;)

Realisticly I wouldnt mind Seeing Joe Hart at least on the bench at South Africa, never really been convinced by any of Englands Goalkeepers though.

I voted for Given. Only because I could though :D

Hart's a decent keeper - useful at taking penalties too if the u-21 championships were anything to go by ;)

Odd that England don't have a genuinely world-class keeper at the moment. Kirkland has the talent but is made of glass. Carson looked decent but he's not in the class of Spain's number 2. Green's form fluctuates wildly. Robinson is equally inconsistent. Foster can't hold down his place at Manchester United. Calamity James should be a shoe in but he's not getting games at Portsmouth. Which really only leaves throwing Hart in at the deep end.

There is really no point in Camp being on the list cos hes in the Championship.. If we go up this year and he can reproduce the same kind of form in the Premiership then it'll be a different story, hopefully haha

Back