Best 'Defensive Midfielder' in the league 'at the moment' ?

Vote for the best

• Total voters

Billy

#THFC
Reaction score
Definition: 'at the moment' refers to this season and previous season combined.

Vote for who you think is the best overall.

I've voted for De Jong, who is the best 'ball winner' of the bunch in my eyes, which is the most important aspect of a traditional DM. He might not score any goals, but he'll get the ball back and break up play the best.

Fletcher's inclusion is a jest. Don't vote for him.

Fletcher is not a DM.

De Jong followed by Lucas.

Biased viewpoint coming here, Lucas.

Has made the most tackles out of anyone this season, combined with how much he has improved and how important he is to us now, it has to be him.

Lucas <3

De Jong might be a better pure defensive midfielder, but it helps if you have more than that in the modern game. Lucas is multifunctional and has a brilliant touch.

Also I just *** him quite a lot because he's Lucas.

De-Jong-Xabi-Alonso.jpg

Nuff said.

Not surprised by the closeness between Lucas and De Jong. That said, there are many more Liverpool supporters on here than City fan boys, so quite surprised Lucas isn't ahead overall.

Still time!

I wouldn't class Yaya as a defensive midfielder.

De Jong.

Lucas 2nd, but it was close.

But, as Lucas is my *****, I voted for him

It's quite alright; you are entitled to say so if you think he is.

well, i just think he offers a lot more than your standard DM, and hasn't he been playing there recently? anywho, Song is the one for me, i just didn't want to get flamed <3

Why are people saying x is better but im voting y? Just vote who you think is the best 0_o

well, i just think he offers a lot more than your standard DM, and hasn't he been playing there recently? anywho, Song is the one for me, i just didn't want to get flamed <3

Lucas > Song.