Best EPL Expensive Transfers 2010/2011?

Who has been the best buy in terms of value for money in the 2010/2011 season in EPL?

• Total voters
David Luiz & Suarez have been brilliant as I expected, but it's abit harsh to ignore Yaya & Silva who've been pretty good all season for City.

Luiz is a great player no doubts but he is being over hyped. When you pay 20+ mill for a defender you expect quality and that is what they got.

You expect quality as a defender yes but he has much more than that. City payed 24mill for Lescott lets not forget.

How is suarez abd Luiz winning this poll. how fickled and stupid are people nowadays, they have played 5 games or so, not nearly enough to be classed as a good signing,

Gyan got my vote, for the pure fact, he is playing in a lower quality side and still banging in goals, and if he was at a top level club he would be the league top scorer.

Summer Window:
David Silva

Winter Window:
Luis Suarez
David Luiz

4 games 2 goals 3 MOTM. Say no more.

I'd say that either Silva, Kolarov or Yaya Toure have been the best buys of the season from that list.

Luiz and Suarez have been good in the time they've been in the Prem but Yaya Toure has the been consistently good all season.
My vote goes to Toure.

a
summer: Javier Hernandez

winter: David Luiz

edit: just noticed in the OP it says over 10 mil but ohwell I still believe Hernandez was the summers best buy:)
Forgot about Hernandez, probably the buy of the season for an outstanding price. However, bear in mind that Luiz and Suarez haven't played that many games yet and are not that consistent compared to players like Meireles, Toure or Hernandez.
Balotelli was probably the worst signing for City by Mancini. Yaya Toure is a great signing, the price is a bit steep though. Kolarov and Silva - just awesome, and cheap (for their skill). Gyan is a good striker, not played that much before Bent left, was overshadowed by Bent, but still very good. Meireles is a good player for a good price. Not world class, but good for us. Torres hasn't proved himself yet, looks like a waste of money, and £50m? He's have to score a lot of goals to show he's worth that. However, I reserve my opinion on him for now, as he is a born goal scorer. I still think he is a waste of money though, injury prone and not that fast anymore (meant to be his best attribute apart from scoring goals). Carroll has yet to prove himself and is a bit steep, although he is young English talent. Suarez has been great so far but has not yet justified his price, although he looks like a good signing. Bent started the season amazingly at Sunderland but hasn’t been outstanding at Villa yet, so he is a good signing but needs to prove his price tag at Villa. Dzeko... an awesome striker for an okay price. May turn out to be good, I don’t know. Again, needs time to prove himself. Luiz has been solid so far and looks like a great gem, is very young too! I think the best signing is either Meireles, Luiz or Silva. I’ll vote for Meireles because of his price (and because he plays for us ;)).

Summer : VDV. (the best bargain,)
Winter : Suarez (looks sharp,even better than Fernando Torres' early days.)