Best Fans in England???

The main chant I was hearing was "Liverpool, Liverpool, Liverpool (repeating)". Was heard quite a bit over the radio.

the best fans in England probably come from a variety of clubs, as do the worst fans. :)

Apart from the first half an hour. And half time. And the second half an hour. And after Andy Carroll didn't score that goal. And after you lost. And after 75% of the fans left before the team had got their medals.

XD

Nope. It seemed to be pretty constant. Thought the rendition of YNWA in the 94th minute was especially pleasant.

I'd say pompey cos we didn't stop singing as we went down at city ground, never stopped when we were 5-1 down to arsenal and we're trying to buy the club! You can't get much better than that.

when we lost 5-1 to arsenal we kept singing and at the end thierry henry stood in front of our fans and just clapped for about five minutes with a pompey shirt on anyone ever seen that leeds the best fans ha shocking pompey forever

Swansea city-their epic battle from near extinction to premier league!!!!

I'm going for Portsmouth fans. They have been through so much and to regularly pack their stadium and sing to the top of their lungs even though they have been in Administration twice and still have the courage and audasity to go to a football match and cheer on their team? That's something no team can beat. THAT is pride right there.

Chelsea. Our multicultural fans know every word to 'Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea'

im sorry but its clearly in this order
1) liverpool - obv reasons YNWA
2) Leeds - 35k average in league 1 and the best away support in the country for years + MOT
3) man city - also averaged 35k in league 1 and very good atmopshere +BM
4) west ham - brilliant support for such an average team +Bubbles
5) also shouts for bradford and luton , luton 40k to wembley in BSP bradford averaging 10k in league 2

im a crewe alex fan before you think im biased - my opinions :)

Last edited:
Think near enough every away fans are good, its always the 'hardcore' fans which see it as a day out, trying to outsing the opposition ETC

Think its the home support which makes the fans... And Stoke, Liverpool, Newcastle and Celtic are probably the best that spring to mind..

When we want to be, Derby fans can be pretty loud, but it's not really often enough, the atmosphere is generally only decent when we play Forest / Leeds or any big team, but I personally think we deserve credit for the support throughout THAT season, when the stadium was literally full (33,000) for every home game, getting beaten 6-0 to the likes of Villa etc. in the process, but I can't really argue we have the best fans, when last week it was reported that some tried to get ST refunds because we sold our best centre half.

The best away fans I've seen are probably Sheff Wednesday or Crystal Palace, both teams that we seem to do well against at home, but come in numbers, and generally outsing our fans, even when 3-0 down. The best home fans I've seen would possibly have to be Liverpool or Newcastle, ridiculously loud on their day.

This is how bad the football on show was during the '11 point season'

[video=youtube;XUg89dmUqlA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUg89dmUqlA[/video]

[video=youtube;e9guiLTciHk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9guiLTciHk&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:
Think near enough every away fans are good, its always the 'hardcore' fans which see it as a day out, trying to outsing the opposition ETC

Think its the home support which makes the fans... And Stoke, Liverpool, Newcastle and Celtic are probably the best that spring to mind..

Not English;)

This is the important point for me. Like you say nearly every team has good support away from home, so best fans should be judged on home games, where it's a lot harder to create an atmosphere. I'd say Stoke probably have the best fans, or maybe Pompey.

sheffield united away fans are noisy as **** nd dont stop
stoke home fans are loudest
celtic when they sing i just cant get enough is the best atmosphere ive seen in a stadium
1k to a youth cup match is nowt sheff utd had a sell out at home and took 8k to old trafford in the youth cup final

West Ham by loyalty, they always get relegated and promoted and lose their talented players. People say Arsenal are a feeder club, West Ham have lost Joe Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Frank Lampard, Carrick, Defoe, Glen Johnson, Paul Ince, Carlos Tevez, Javier Mascherano, Scott Parker and John Terry (wasn't officially a West Ham player, but he was in the academy before Chelsea took him)

I think Liverpool fans in EPL ofc because im fan of them xD But im curiouse, in championship, which one are the best :S

I think we can now all agree it's the Palace fans. Cool? Cool.