Best Fans in England???

I could be utterly biased and say Everton fans are the best, but I'd say the best fans are the ones who stick with the club through thick and thin.

Exactly why i said "your not wrong mate" in my previous post.

It really is impossible to say who has the best fans, Most of the judgements being made in this thread are purely based on the fans at the matches which does'nt even come close to the following most clubs have, I've met alot of Man United fans who are very passionate about the club but to watch them at home you would'nt know it most weeks.

I would have to say the team with the worse fans is Bradford City, I'm from Bradford myself and to say that team was in the premiership not too long ago and now you look at the lack of fans it does beg the question, Where did all those fans go, Was it just people jumping on the bandwagon of a small club reaching the dizzy heights, By the looks of things i would have to say yes.

On the other hand you have Leeds United and Southamton who both had massive falls from grace but still had amazing support while in league one and still in the championship, That does'nt mean they have the best fans though just a select few who follow their club through thick and thin, Thats not the entire fan base though.

As a Leeds fan i think we have some great fans but i also know we have our share of **** fans too, From the fans i've met from other clubs and spoken to theres been plenty of **** fans from all clubs but theres one club who i've not met that many **** fans from and thats Newcastle so i would have so say from the ones i've met atleast they have the best fans in England.

I would say it depends a lot on the city. If you have a city that prefers more football than other sports, they'll always be there, supporting, through thick and thin, that's part of the english culture when it comes to football. As for best crowd in the world, I would say Santa Cruz. Between 2006 and 2009 they've gone from First Division to Fourth, and they put 60,000 every game.

Hello,

I'm from Belgium
but how are the everton fans actually?

Gr.

The best fans are those that regularly follow a lower league team/non league team home and away. They are the true bread and butter for any club struggling. Those clubs dont get much sponsorship and it's those fans which keep a club going.

I nominate our neighbours Sheffield Wednesday they take 4 million supporters to every away game and when they travel to all these tin pot teams as they call them they are found queuing outside the ground for miles. They are known to have fans as far away as North Korea. Apparently teams such as Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal can't wait for them to return to the Premier League (actual quote from one of their fans) I'm sure we can get an answer to that one on here. They are what is known as a MASSIVE club and some believe they should be fast tracked to the Premier League because they are that big. Us United fans are living in their shadow and will never create a fanbase the size as theirs.

In my serious opinion though I think Newcastle have the best fans I've seen. A couple of years ago we played them on Monday night on Sky and they sold out both tiers of our away end. About 5 or 6 thousand.

Also credit to Rochdale fans who keep going. They were in league 2 for like 50 years I think and their fans kept going. Went the other week and it is a proper family club. Good on the Dale.

I went to a Palace match the other day, and as normal it was the usual mix of great fans and a couple old guys saying everything was ****. However, this time I sat next to the Palace Fanatics, who were CRAZY. Complete nutcases, but great great guys. Wouldn't shut up even when we went 0-3 down, kept jumping around all game, chanting, cheering. Never felt better to be a football fan.

id say liverpool spurs man united and notts county have the best fans and southampton fans

liverpool the mighty reds, also got to say newcastle and southhampton.
chelsea and blackburn the worst

As a Portsmouth fan people will say I'm biased, but Pompey fans have got to be up there. The support all season has been amazing for a club that has underachieved and been embroiled in financial issues. In games I've been to this season I have stayed with hundreds of other for at least an hour after the game in the Fratton End singing and cheering players as they leave the stadium. I went to the FA cup game at stamford bridge and even though we were outnumbered 20:1 by chelsea fans it felt like a home game. I can't wait till next season when the club can actually win games and get some success that the fans deserve.

In my non-biased opinion I would say probably Newcastle as St James usually looks to be rocking when they're playing well

Liverpool, Leeds and Newcastle are up there... Man U away are insane...

Depends which fans, home or away.

For example Manchester United home fans can be pretty poor (they are very inconsistent unless its a big game), but the away support are some of the best in Europe.

Last edited:
Although, as Mike. has said, it depends, I think in general Newcastle United, Liverpool, Southampton, Leeds United and Stoke City fans are the best. Of course, the Kop are famous for their support (although some fans are indeed poor) and Newcastle and Leeds are both the passion of their cities. Stoke and Southampton fans follow their teams passionately; the Britannia and St. Mary's are hard places to go for away teams!

- PZW

For example Manchester United home fans can be pretty poor (they are very inconsistent unless its a big game), but the away support are some of the best in Europe.

Same with Liverpool.

Although, as Mike. has said, it depends, I think in general Newcastle United, Liverpool, Southampton, Leeds United and Stoke City fans are the best. Of course, the Kop are famous for their support (although some fans are indeed poor) and Newcastle and Leeds are both the passion of their cities. Stoke and Southampton fans follow their teams passionately; the Britannia and St. Mary's are hard places to go for away teams!

- PZW

Don't really agree with the Southampton fans. Of late (now they are playing well and winning) then yes they have been coming in numbers but when they wearn't fans stayed away. If your going by passionate fans then surely Pompey fans deserve a shout.

Same with Liverpool.

Same with Chelsea lol, to be fair its the same with many clubs these days. The away fans are genuinly the same bunch who all congregate together every away game so they have a rhythm. Also they are all in one small section so when they do sing they all sing together unlike at home where one part of one stand will sing but another stand may be signing another song etc.