Best 'Goalkeeper' in the league 'at the moment' ?

Vote for the best

• Total voters
I think Reina hasn't been quite as good as he was maybe 18-24 months ago. He's been solid so far this season but I don't think he was consistently exceptional, as he has been for Liverpool, last season.

Went with Cech because I have been his biggest critic since he put on the headguard and he did look shaky at times under Ancelotti but the past 2 seasons he has been a lot more like the old Cech positionally and on decision making.

In 5 years, I think De Gea could be the best goalkeeper in the league, but certainly not now. Anders Lindegaard could easily compete with De Gea and might even be better. But old Conservative Fergie, don't wanna see his money going to waste, so he is of course using De Gea and might be gambling with the title. That is my opinion.

After a shaky start De Gea has been superb! He saved us a point yesterday with a string of top saves. Man of the Match in my opinion

After a shaky start De Gea has been superb! He saved us a point yesterday with a string of top saves. Man of the Match in my opinion
You can't judge by that. You have to judge him by at least a couple more performances.

You can't judge by that. You have to judge him by at least a couple more performances.

You've already judged that Fergie is gambling with the title on a goalkeeper who had one or two dodgy moments at the start of the season but who has now settled down and producing save after save. Too many people want to the see the kid fail

You've already judged that Fergie is gambling with the title on a goalkeeper who had one or two dodgy moments at the start of the season but who has now settled down and producing save after save. Too many people want to the see the kid fail
It's your view on the situation. I bet you're a fan of Man United, am I right? I have nothing against De Gea as a person or player, but to me, Anders Lindegaard would be more stable in the goal and he definitely ain't bad.

Although I'm a Liverpool fan, I'd say it's between Joe Hart (not up there!), Shay Given (again, not up there!) and Brad Friedel. Given and Friedel are getting on a bit, but they have been consistent for a long time. If I had to pick one, I'd pick Friedel, though (I voted for 'Other', though, because I have 2 'Other' candidates).

Reina is a top keeper, better than many of the others, but I just think he's too mistake prone - keepers may make 1-2 blunders a season, but it seems Reina makes around 3-4.

Sure, he's one of the best keepers in the world on his day, but when it's not his day...well, remember start of last season, Arsenal score from poor keeping from Reina?

I was so nervous at the end when Reina nearly gifted Welbeck a goal yesterday, and was nervous every time he touched the ball - must be how some United fans feel about De Gea!

By the way, I don't see why you haven't included Van Der Sar (played nearly all of United's games last season) when you've included Vorm (who's new to the League) even though VDS has retired.

VDS was probably not included because he doesn't fit within the 'current' criteria.

It's your view on the situation. I bet you're a fan of Man United, am I right? I have nothing against De Gea as a person or player, but to me, Anders Lindegaard would be more stable in the goal and he definitely ain't bad.

So? De Gea has exceptional talent. He was bought for that. Why let it waste on the bench. He's playing well anyway, there's no need at all to drop him.

I think I'll just stop the discussion now, because it leads to nowhere. I have my opinion, you have your opinion. Fine.

I find it funny that Gomes wasn't included in the list.

Epically misread the OP so my new answer is:

1. Friedel
2. Reina
3. Cech

Of course he's a Manchester United fan; it's Scott.

Easily has to be Reina in my eyes. Cech has almost always had a better defence in front of him compared to Reina so his clean sheets numbers are bound to be higher. But Reina seems to be the better keeper to me

Reina & Hart are the best GK's in the league, in my opinion.

Just can't understand why Billy hasn't got him in the poll, such a let down William!

The point is to question his ability to question why Cech has got so many votes when he thinks his own teams goalkeeper is the best. Especially when they really are close.

Cech hasn't been consistently near the level of Reina imo.