Best Left back in the world currently????

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 153
  • Views Views 25K

Best leftback in the world currently

• Ashley Cole

Votes: 46 23.4%
  • Patrice Evra

Votes: 94 47.7%
  • Gael Clichy

Votes: 20 10.2%
  • Marcelo

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Roberto Carlos

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Nadir Belhadj

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Emullio Insua

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Eric Abidal

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Maxwell

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Wayne Bridge

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Other(Please State)

Votes: 11 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Arbeloa's got to be in with a shout for a defensively sound fullback - not many keep Messi in their pockets.

Capdevilla would probably be my personal pick. He's stronger in the air than Cole, if not quite so impressive going forward. But then I prefer players to do their team role first, and then do the other stuff after that. Cole has been very impressive the past couple of seasons - there's not many teams who'd turn him down at any level (he'd complete Brazil's current team frighteningly well).

Evra consistently underwhelms me every time I see him play - anodyne for France, vulnerable positionally for Manchester United (ever wonder why Vidic gets sent off so much against Liverpool? Watch how Kuyt, Gerrard and Torres exploit that left fullback area) and just generally defensively suspect with him needing to make recovery tackles far too frequently.

capdevilla is possibly if their is the weak link in the spanish side. i heard a well known spanish journelist say that possibly the only english player that would walk striaght into the spanish side would be ashley cole.

patrice evra is the best ashely coles a womanizing scumbag like john terry

I unfortunately have to agree. When you are exposed defensively by someone as bad as Nani, you cannot be considered in this discussion. When Clichy does hit a good patch, though, he is very good.
Nani isnt bad.:S

whoever voted for nadhir belhadj need to take a serious look at themselves!

although i hate the C**T it has to be Ashley Cole!

I dont know if any if you watch much Liga BBVA but Abidal has been absolutely great this season. Doesnt Chilleni play LB, he'd be in for more of a shout than Carlos.

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

Arbeloa is a RB Zemedee

He began his LFC career at LB and is a stand in LB for Real too, quite good playing there IMO.

please tell me your joking when you say his overated??

You do seem to be up Cole's **** tbh lol

LMAO Nani and Ashley young showed exactly why Clichy isn't world class. Maybe in the future Arsenal fans but no way right now. His defending for Man utds 3rd goal was screamworthy.

How can you say Nani is a bad player Nani is obviously turning into a class winger and outclassed Clichy.

two words.....Gareth Bale. If not now then he will be soon, jaw droppingly good for tottenham this year

Have to agree recently seems to have started performing wants the ball all the time can pass,cross and has good visionXD

please tell me your joking when you say his overated??
Cole is very overrated like Bridge and half the Liverpool defenders.You are just so biased. Why start this thread is you don't let anyone disagree with you?
I reckon that Liam Ridgewell is a great left back but I reckon Nadir Belhadj is the best tbh.

im not up coles **** at all. i love evra and belive even possibly they are even on par. i also like belhadj but his defensive positioning is pretty bad but in a top club he could get away with it hence why barca are intrested.

ashley cole isnt over rated but he aint as consistant as evra its funny cause last year all the pundits claimed clichy was one of the best left backs in the world and this season they have been overly harsh about his performances for a world class player the most important attribute for me is consistancy how often he can perform at top level and i have to say evra is ahead of the rest by a mile

---------- Post added at 04:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 AM ----------

has anyone ever noticed when nani gets the ball he almost pushes his tongue through his cheek everytime i see this it ****** me off and i dont know why do u remember as a kid u had things called gobstoppers or something its like hes eating one of them when he goes to dribble the ball

---------- Post added at 04:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 AM ----------

oh and im a man utd fan and i think nani is absoloutly pathetic take a look at valencia this season he has been incrediable for me when he has played

---------- Post added at 04:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 AM ----------

ashley cole cant even control a woman never mind the ball lmao

please mate, just shut up. you give us manchester united fans a bad name!

Cole is very overrated like Bridge and half the Liverpool defenders.You are just so biased. Why start this thread is you don't let anyone disagree with you?
I reckon that Liam Ridgewell is a great left back but I reckon Nadir Belhadj is the best tbh.
You honestly think nadir belhadj is the best left back in the world?oO)

Evra is clearly the better player

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0N7WO2pAUQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0N7WO2pAUQ[/ame] :P

Back