Best striker duo in history

kentun

Reaction score
i think Henry-Bergkamp is the best combination, bergkamp with his intelligence, henry with his physical ability

please remove this thread if repost

Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke > any other strikeforce

Rooney and Tevez had its moments

Rooney and Hernandez is starting to be at the moment...

The SAS were pretty **** good, shame Shearer and Ferdinand didn't last more than a season, that could have been a great partnership.

Even as a Liverpool fan, I can clearly recognise Hernandez's talent, he reminds me of Michael Owen when he was still with us, just has an instinct for goal and 6 million was a total steal, signing of the season ahead of van der vaart for me personally.

On topic, I'd say Shearer and Sutton... Or Babacar and Sanogo on my FM but that doesn't count lol.

I have to agree with most of everyone here,

Also Quinn And Phillips was good.

I don't know who were the best striker duo in history in real life, but on fm11 my best duo was Agüero/Forlan they scored together over 100 goals in a season

Wrong section....

I agree, though - Henry & Bergkamp was a brilliant partnership, especially with Pires and Ljungberg on the wings. Unstoppable.

Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke great partnership,I liked to watch them always

Fowler and Collymore (before the latter got depressed) were pretty awesome, only 2 seasons together tho

In history?

Ferenc Puskas and Alfredo Di Stefano.

In my memory -

Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole / Ole Gunnar Solsksjaer and Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

In history?

Ferenc Puskas and Alfredo Di Stefano.

In my memory -

Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole / Ole Gunnar Solsksjaer and Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

Completely right about Puskas And Stefano
But recently look no further than Raul Gonzales Blanco and Ronaldo....Although with Ruud Raul wasn't to bad either.

Ooh, forgot about;

Raul - Morientes
Raul - Ronaldo
Fowler - Owen
Ronaldo - Zamorano
Zamorano - Salas

That I can remember watching;

Henry & Bergkamp
Cole & Yorke
Owen & Fowler
Ronaldo & Raul
Hernandez & Rooney(they're showing signs that they could develop into a world class partnership)

Hernandez & Rooney(they're showing signs that they could develop into a world class partnership)

Agreed. For me, Hernandez reminds me of a really young Michael Owen. A really terrific poacher in the right place at the right time who just has a nack of scoring. And with Rooney playing as a number 10, it really could prove to be absolutely prolific (Unfortunately).

In history - Puskas and Di Stefano.

In my life time - Yorke & Cole, Fowler & Owen, anyone upfront with Ronaldo.

I know it's not a duo but Ronaldo-Rivaldo-Ronaldinho at 2002 World Cup was awesome.