Best Tactic Ever - 3 seasons, 7 defeats

Because I was using a similar structure to this in my Guardiola-Barcelona tactic I decided to switch over to this and have a go thinking that because the players were essentially in the same positions, they wouldn't have as much trouble adapting. Excellent so far, with my Spennymoor United game beating West Auckland 2-0 at home and then Shildon 3-0 away, a cracking start.

On seeing the thread, I decided to give your tactic a go. I have tried some impressive tactics in my time (JP Woody, Max, Koflok) and wanted to give you some feedback as I am sure you would appreciate. I took up the role of Man City manager seeing as you had done well with them. Consequently, I signed Rafinha, Jeremy Toulalan and Theo Walcott knowing that they would fit into the tactic well. I was eager to try the new tactics out and my pre-season went OK. I won 6 out of 7 friendlies, drawing one to a sub-standard Watford side. I won most of my games 2-0 and 3-0 with the odd 2-1. These weren't outstanding results but I wasn't expecting anything special with so many new players. Excitedly, I came to the first day of the season against my biggest rivals, Sir Alex Ferguson's Manchester United, who are formidable on the best of days. I selected a strong side with two new signings made by me, in the squad, Theo Walcott, playing an AMR role and Rafinha playing at right back. Here is the result. I wasn't expecting to win but I really wasn't expecting a 3-0 loss.

After a disappointing defeat and some poor performances by Lescott, Rafinha and Adebayor, I decided to replace them with Onouha and Micah Richards. I also played, even after a slightly disappointing performance, Robinho. I switched Robinho from AML to his natural position, FC. We were playing Liverpool. We lost 1-0. I was expecting better but that is football.

My question is; How can I improve the team? I know Man City need time to gel, but we aren't looking like we are going anywhere fast. I accept that these games were against tough teams but we never showed up. Any feedback appreciated. Thanks. :S

Who are you playing in midfield? this is the essential part. I would play de jong in DM and toulalan and barry in central mid with stephen ireland on right wing. Are you playing tevez upfront? he should bang them in. also try the touchline shouts before the match starts... retain possesion and pass to feet

why are toulalan and walcott on support duties? should both be on attack?

anyway this is my record with my barca team P14 W11 D1 L2. ive kept 10 clean sheets (6 in a row at one point). its as consistent as a few others ive tried but the defence seems alot tighter. i will report back after this season and let you know if i win anything.

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

oh and bojan is brilliant. put pay to the notion that small and fast is good upfront :)

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

just beat arsenal away 2-0 with my spurs save. only had 3 new signings playing and we had 4 cccs to there 0. won 2 previous games at home. and this is on 10.1.

u know how to prove it to me post ur game information screen to see how many times u have saved the game cause in my opinion u have loaded the game up everytime u have lost

you talking to me gc2008uk?

just beat liverpool 3-0 at home in carling cup. 22 shots, 10 on target and 6 ccc's. they had 6 shots all game and none on target and no ccc's.

this is fantastic.

What is the relationship (if any) between the mating 1-1 or a zonal line of defense

Just played a season with Man City using this tactic.
Bought Jovetic, Veloso, Renan and Hamsik....
Won the EPL by round 34.
Lost in quarterfinal of League Cup away to Man U 4-3 in extra time and lost FA Cup final to Wolves coz i was on holiday...

Its a great tactic but as attacking as it seems it only got me an average of 2 goals a game although its the result that counts.
Just started 2nd season and bought Aguero for 86m.

Wont let me download the tactic, screen comes up with a http error...any1 else gettin this?

Going to try it with Scunthorpe in CC.

Will update later with results.

Holy ****.. Aguero got 70 goals in 1 season? :|

Friendly Matches:

Accrington 1 - 2 Scunthorpe [Scored the 2nd goal after telling my players to exploit the flanks].
Scunthorpe 2 - 0 GH Academy [First goal from freekick, second from a penalty].
Scunthorpe 1 - 2 Blackburn [Didn't have high hopes for this game really].
Scunthorpe 3 - 1 Birmingham [Retain possession + exploit the flanks seems to be working quite well].
Brentford 0 - 0 Scunthorpe [An unusually annoying goalkeeper].
Scunthorpe 1 - 3 Manchester Utd. [They got in a quickfire double between the 82nd and 88th minutes].

Championship Matches:

Cardiff 3 - 0 Scunthorpe.

---------------------

Not the tactic for me.

how did you play aguero! just saw dmf say something about 70 in one season!

ronaldo, kaka, aguero, adler??? there is a reason why u have done that, your man city have pretty much an endless amount of money. any formation will work with them players

I have started a season with Nottingham Forest using this tactic.. Ill keep you informed :)

Rubbish tactic, based on a overload mentality it has no type of possession or safety in the game they play. It creates chances but if not for a critical striker to score every time it can the score can easily turn around if 1 goal in advance,defense is breached easily, and shortly not a good way to go to the top. I give this tactic 6/10.