Best & Worst Premier League Transfers 2010-2011

• Thread starter Thread starter StuW
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 88
  • Views Views 7K
Don't think Bebe was that bad of a signing. Yes he hasn't featured much but he is still quite young.

Man U rarely pay the fees up front so its £7m IN TOTAL ie after certain clauses are activated.

We may as well throw the likes of Tomas Kalas and co onto the worst signing list then too!

Lol.

Kalas joined Chelsea in Feburary, and is only 17. Not sure what you expected of him.

Man U rarely pay the fees up front so its £7m IN TOTAL ie after certain clauses are activated.

We may as well throw the likes of Tomas Kalas and co onto the worst signing list then too!

lol Kalas has been out on loan until a few months ago and is only 17 nearly 18, whereas Bebe is 20 nearly 21.

Edit: beaten to it.

No way lol, how you can compare Kalas to Bebe is funny in itself.

Best: Cheick Tiote.
Worst: Fernando Torres.

Best Signings-
David Silva
Javier Hernandez
Yaya Toure
Peter Odemwingie
Cheick Tiote

Worst Signings
Mauro Boselli
Sebastien Squllaci
Konchesky
Dekel Keinan
Brad Jones

The Best
*The ones in bold are the best ones, in my opinion.

Peter Odemwingie
Luis Suarez
Raul Meireles (cost a bit too much)
Javier Hernandez
Maroune Chamakh
David Luiz
Darren Bent
Chris Smalling (cost a bit too much though)
Yaya Toure
David Silva

DJ Campbell
Stuart Holden
Kenwyne Jones
Jonathan Walters

The Worst

Fernando Torres
Joe Cole
Paul Konchesky
Christian Poulson
Mauro Boselli
James Perch
Steven Pienaar

Van Der Vaart hasn't been on top form since about February, so I wouldn't pick him. Pienaar and Gallas weren't needed as well, but Gallas has played well so I haven't put him on. Many of Woy's signings were ****, opposed to King Kenny's Suarez and Carroll signings :wub:. Also, Bebe has not played that well, but he is young. If he was bought for cheaper he would of been a good signing.

The Best
*The ones in bold are the best ones, in my opinion.

Peter Odemwingie
Luis Suarez
Raul Meireles (cost a bit too much)
Javier Hernandez
Maroune Chamakh
David Luiz
Darren Bent
Chris Smalling (cost a bit too much though)
Yaya Toure
David Silva

DJ Campbell
Stuart Holden
Kenwyne Jones
Jonathan Walters

The Worst

Fernando Torres
Joe Cole
Paul Konchesky
Christian Poulson
Mauro Boselli
James Perch
Steven Pienaar

Van Der Vaart hasn't been on top form since about February, so I wouldn't pick him. Pienaar and Gallas weren't needed as well, but Gallas has played well so I haven't put him on. Many of Woy's signings were ****, opposed to King Kenny's Suarez and Carroll signings :wub:. Also, Bebe has not played that well, but he is young. If he was bought for cheaper he would of been a good signing.

Chamakh, really?! =O

Best:
Rafael Van Der Vaart
Javier Hernandez
David Luiz
Luis Suarez
Cheick Tiote

Worst:
Fernando Torres
Christian Poulsen
Paul Konchesky
Bebe
Mauro Boselli

Bebe is probably one of the worst, 7m :/

He's young though so it could be argued he's one for the future (though I doubt it myself), signing of the season has to be Odemwingie, Hernandez, Silva or Tiote - all have had outstanding debut seasons.

As a toon fan I'll pull the old Bias and give Tiote the nod though

Love that everyone's ignoring this:

So, pick yours, but keep it to four of the best, and four worst. I will close in a week, and we can get a poll to determine the best and worst.

Best:

Rafael Van Der Vaart
Javier Hernandez
Peter Odemwinge
Darren Bent
Yaya Toure

Worst:

Christian Poulsen
Milan Jovanovic
Paul Konchesky
Sebastien Squillaci
Fernando Torres

Best:
Hernandez
Tiote
Odemwingie
DJ Campbell

Worst:
Poulsen
Ireland
Squillaci
Dzeko

Don't think Bebe was that bad of a signing. Yes he hasn't featured much but he is still quite young.

Lol.

Kalas joined Chelsea in Feburary, and is only 17. Not sure what you expected of him.

lol Kalas has been out on loan until a few months ago and is only 17 nearly 18, whereas Bebe is 20 nearly 21.

Edit: beaten to it.

No way lol, how you can compare Kalas to Bebe is funny in itself.

Duh... the point was if people are throwing a reserve player like Bebe as the worst signing then why not pick other clubs youth/reserve signings!

The thread should be for players signed for the first team who have excelled/flopped

Best have got to be

Little Pea ;) - Man United
Peter Odemwingie - West Brom
Tiote - NUFC
Walters - Stoke ( was really cheap )

Worst - Pretty much everyone apart from Suarez, Carroll and Meireles that Liverpool signed.

Duh... the point was if people are throwing a reserve player like Bebe as the worst signing then why not pick other clubs youth/reserve signings!

The thread should be for players signed for the first team who have excelled/flopped

Indeed, why not pick other clubs youth/reserve signings, that have actually been at the club? Could have used a better example, a certain Mr.Gabriel springs to mind.

Indeed, why not pick other clubs youth/reserve signings, that have actually been at the club? Could have used a better example, a certain Mr.Gabriel springs to mind.

Well Mr.Gabriel wasn't signed this year but Kalas was used as a random example as he was on my FM screen at the time of the post. Mellow

Best:
Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez - Manchester United
Rafael Van Der Vaart - Tottenham Hotspur
Peter Odemwingie - West Bromwich Albion

Worst:
Joe Cole - Liverpool
Christian Poulsen - Liverpool
Milan Jovanobic - Liverpool

Not that I hate Liverpool, but I find them being the most useless.

Back