• Thread starter Thread starter StuW
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 88
  • Views Views 7K
Best-
Chicharito- Man United
Rafael Van Der Vaart- Spurs
Chris Smalling- Man United
Salman Tchoyi- West Brom (The best buy in my opinion shame he got injured)
Peter Odemwingie- West Brom
Moussa Dembele- Fulham
Raul Meireles- Liverpool
David Silva/Yaya Toure- Man City (Expensive but proved worth it with their consistency and big game performances)
Ben Foster- Birmingham
David Luiz- Chelsea
William Gallas- Spurs (For a free transfer he has played a heck of alot of games due to injuries there)
Asamoah Gyan- Sunderland
Luke Varney- Blackpool
Antolin Alcaraz- Wigan
Cheik Tiote- Newcastle
Thomasz Hitzelsperger- West Ham (For a free when hes fit hes normally very good)
Sandro- Spurs (Impressive)

Worst Signings:
Victor Obinna- West Ham (Too inconsistant)
M. Gueye- Everton
Bebe- Man United (Seen him in reserve/FA cup games not showed anything)
Joe Cole- Liverpool (Not been good for at least 3 years, careers been marred with injuries and he is just not at a good standard)
Christian Poulsen- Liverpool
Paul Konchesky- Liverpool
Eidur Gudjohnsen- Stoke
Laurent Koscielny- Arsenal (For 8 mill I would want my money back)
Sulley Muntari- Sunderland)
Stephen Ireland- Villa/Newcastle
Sergiy Kornilenko- Blackpool
MAURO BOSELLI- Wigan/Genoa (Waste of space)
Wayne Bridge- West Ham (I just never have liked him and for 80k a week wages from WHUFC I would expect more)
James Milner- Manchester City
Aleksander Kolarov- Manchester City
Steven Pienaar- Spurs

Probably a few name typo's but theres my basic list

I would add Dzeko to that but he has not been here long and Torres is just...A mystery but he is a good signing in the long run

Last edited:
Best:
Chicharito - amazing signing, really admire this guy
Odemwingie - scored like 15 goals for a relegation team in his debut season is amazing.
Tiote - hard as nuts, great short passer, and amazing engine, boom.
Ben Foster - Been amazing this season, and has really looked like he shouldn't have left united.

Worst:
Squill-*******-laci : Seriously, just GTFO you old, french, ****, ****.
Konchesky - lal
J.Cole - massive wages, **** season
Pienaar - what's he done? has he played? wasted money on to what could have helped to fund a striker. granted it was a small fee, but it was such a pointless signing.

Best-
Chicharito- Man United
Rafael Van Der Vaart- Spurs
Chris Smalling- Man United
Salman Tchoyi- West Brom (The best buy in my opinion shame he got injured)
Peter Odemwingie- West Brom
Moussa Dembele- Fulham
Raul Meireles- Liverpool
David Silva/Yaya Toure- Man City (Expensive but proved worth it with their consistency and big game performances)
Ben Foster- Birmingham
David Luiz- Chelsea
William Gallas- Spurs (For a free transfer he has played a heck of alot of games due to injuries there)
Asamoah Gyan- Sunderland
Luke Varney- Blackpool
Antolin Alcaraz- Wigan
Cheik Tiote- Newcastle
Thomasz Hitzelsperger- West Ham (For a free when hes fit hes normally very good)
Sandro- Spurs (Impressive)

Worst Signings:
Victor Obinna- West Ham (Too inconsistant)
M. Gueye- Everton
Bebe- Man United (Seen him in reserve/FA cup games not showed anything)
Joe Cole- Liverpool (Not been good for at least 3 years, careers been marred with injuries and he is just not at a good standard)
Christian Poulsen- Liverpool
Paul Konchesky- Liverpool
Eidur Gudjohnsen- Stoke/Fulham
Laurent Koscielny- Arsenal (For 8 mill I would want my money back)
Sulley Muntari- Sunderland
Jean Makoun- Aston Villa (Early days)
Stephen Ireland- Villa/Newcastle
Sergiy Kornilenko- Blackpool
MAURO BOSELLI- Wigan/Genoa (Waste of space)
Wayne Bridge- West Ham (I just never have liked him and for 80k a week wages from WHUFC I would expect more)
James Milner- Manchester City
Aleksander Kolarov- Manchester City
Steven Pienaar- Spurs

Probably a few name typo's but theres my basic list

I would add Dzeko to that but he has not been here long and Torres is just...A mystery but he is a good signing in the long run

Lol you were to pick 4 good buys and 4 bad buys not 20 each ;)

Best
1. Peter Odemwingie
2. Javier Hernandez
3. Yaya Toure
4. Rafael van der Vaart

Worst
1. Christian Poulsen
2. Sebastien Squillaci
3. Paul Konchesky
4. Milan Jovanovic

I will shorten the list to 'top four' ;)
Best
1. Chicharito
2. Van Der Vaart
3. David Silva
4. Salman Tchoyi

Worst
1. Joe Cole
2. Laurent Koscielny
3. James Milner
4. Wayne Bridge (I repeat...I hate him, one of the worst footballers I have ever witnessed)

In my opinion...

Best
1. Hernandez
2. Odemwingie
3. VDV
4. Meireles

Worst
1. Joe Cole
2. Poulsen
3. Konchesky
4. Squillaci

Worst

1) Konchesky (to Liverpool).
2) Poulsen (to Liverpool).
3) Torres (to Chelsea).
4) Stephen Ireland (to Villa)

(Could also throw in around half a dozen deals involving Manchester City, but they can currently afford to go out and waste £30m on a player who'll never kick a ball again more than most clubs can waste £2m on a failed gamble for a first choice player).

Best

1) Luis Suarez (to Liverpool)
2) Hernandez (to Manchester United)
3) Tiote (to Newcastle)
4) Odemwingie (to West Brom)

In no particular order for either list:

Best:
- Hernandez
- Tiote
- Suarez
- Bent (;))

Worst:
- Ireland (:'()
- Poulsen
- Jovanovic
- Konchesky

Also, lol at the way someone put Jean ******* Makoun on the list. Played a few matches, was excellent against United, got sent off due to not adjusting to the pace of the Premier League, and has performed fairly well since then. All for a price of around 4 mil for a Champions League standard player.

Best:
Kenny Dalglish - Liverpool

Worst:
Roy Hodgson - Liverpool

I will shorten the list to 'top four' ;)
Best
1. Chicharito
2. Van Der Vaart
3. David Silva
4. Salman Tchoyi

Worst
1. Joe Cole
2. Laurent Koscielny
3. James Milner
4. Wayne Bridge (I repeat...I hate him, one of the worst footballers I have ever witnessed)

How is Kos one of the worst signings - in fact; the 2nd worst signing - this season? He's been excellent in the majority of his games. Hardly his fault that he's played with 3 different CBs due to injury and that Squillaci can't play in a high defensive line.

He's not brilliant in the air, but he's superb on the ground and the mix of him and Djourou has been largely superb. (As well as excelling against L'Pool w Vermaelen on his debut)

Best: Raul Meireles, Suarez, VdV, Chicharito , Bent and Gyan

Worst: Bebe. Can't believe how Fergie gave 8m for him.
Poulsen, Konchesky, Jovanovic
Torres

Last edited:
Where the **** is James Perch? He decides an honorable mention as possibly the worst buy this season.

How is Kos one of the worst signings - in fact; the 2nd worst signing - this season? He's been excellent in the majority of his games. Hardly his fault that he's played with 3 different CBs due to injury and that Squillaci can't play in a high defensive line.

He's not brilliant in the air, but he's superb on the ground and the mix of him and Djourou has been largely superb. (As well as excelling against L'Pool w Vermaelen on his debut)
Disagree, apart from the barcelona games he has not been reliable plus didn't he mix up with Szechezny in the league cup final for martins goal? He's way too naive and rash with his play, Squillaci has been worse but I didnt expect too much better from him. Milner has no excuse either for his mediocrity, another bad buy would be Winston Reid who hasnt got a mention yet. If your telling me that Djourou and Koscielny are a title winning partnership at this stage of their careers your mad. Different story if Vermaelen was fit

Disagree, apart from the barcelona games he has not been reliable plus didn't he mix up with Szechezny in the league cup final for martins goal? He's way too naive and rash with his play, Squillaci has been worse but I didnt expect too much better from him. Milner has no excuse either for his mediocrity, another bad buy would be Winston Reid who hasnt got a mention yet. If your telling me that Djourou and Koscielny are a title winning partnership at this stage of their careers your mad. Different story if Vermaelen was fit

I agree. I think Koscielny is good at best, but certainly not world class. Vermaelen is far better of a player and I think he's the only Premier League winning standard CB, unfortunately he is haunted by injuries.

Arsenal needs to buy another (good) CB (not another Squidlaqi), someone who can dominate the spot from day 1. Then Koscielny can act as a substitute if someone gets injured.

Best:
Suarez
Hernandez
Tiote
Odemwingie

Worst:
Poulsen
Cole
Bebe
Jovanovic

Last edited:
Best:
Suarez
Hernandez
Tiote
Odemwingie

Worst:
Poulsen
Cole
Bebe
Jovanovic

Hard To Disagree With That List To Be Honest, Especially The Best 4, Think You Got It Pretty Much Spot On

I agree. I think Koscielny is good at best, but certainly not world class. Vermaelen is far better of a player and I think he's the only Premier League winning standard CB, unfortunately he is haunted by injuries.

Arsenal needs to buy another (good) CB (not another Squidlaqi), someone who can dominate the spot from day 1. Then Koscielny can act as a substitute if someone gets injured.

Sakho Would Be Perfect To Slot In Alongside Vermaelen, Even Howedes From Schalke Would Be Brilliant

Haha-ha-ha.. I knew I would find Torres in Worst transfers list :)
We will talk next season :) :)
P.S. Remember Henry when he came to Arsenal :)

Back