Biggest mistake your Clubs made?

When offered Zidane for £3million, we turned him down because Gerry Francis thought he was too wooden and wouldn't be able to get around the pitch in top flight football. No wonder he got the sack, lol.

Biggest mistake my club will make soon is letting Craig Bellamy leave.

At my crystal palace:

1)) Signing Shefki Kuqi for 2.5 million pounds and giving him 13 grand a week when he did **** all.
2)) Simon Jordan losing the rights to our stadium when he took over from administration end of the 90's early 00's.
3)) Selling Victor Moses, yes we had just entered admin, but we could have got alot more if we wasnt and sold someone else.
4)) If we lose Julian Speroni this transfer window when he is THE best keeper in the Championship.
5)) Agilo actaully putting us into admin last season and losing a certain amount of their money, when they could have waited and got it all back.
6)) Making peter Taylor our manager
7)) On last season's performances and season before, signing alan lee for 600k. i hold my hands up now and say he looks good this season :D
8)) Letting Clinton Morrison leave on a free where he joined coventry, and was still banging in goals :(

Letting the Yanks take us over, then letting them sack Rafa.

letting Brian Tinnion become manager, a club legend on the pitch but management was something he was not up to.
Making Steve Coppell manager if we cannot turn around the **** he's put us into.

Selling Scott Dann & Dan Fox to Coventry for next to nothing when we're sat 2nd in League 1 after coming up from League 2, only to finish in mid-table because they went..
Then not putting the money back into the club resulting in our Manager Richard Money resigning.

Not keeping good connections with Manchester United, we used to have a few good youngsters from them.

Having Paul Merson as manager!! He saw Yeovils short goalkeeper get off the team bus so he told our side to 'just shoot' and then when he came out the tunnel.. he realised he was on the bench and a very tall goalkeeper was in goal and Merson hadnt got tactics ready... Terrible manager. Got us relegated.

letting Brian Tinnion become manager, a club legend on the pitch but management was something he was not up to.
Making Steve Coppell manager if we cannot turn around the **** he's put us into.

im sorry as a palace fan i couldnt stop laughing at what he has done for you!!!! great job agent coppell!

Letting Mike Gashly take over the club.
Signing Luque.
Signing Owen.
Selling Parker.
Selling Martins.

Cardiff City
Signing:
Gavin Rae
Solomon Taiwo
Peter Enckelmen

Selling:
Glenn Loovens
Roger Johnson

Managerial:
Letting Sam Hamman become chairman of the club
Letting Peter Ridsdale become chairman of the club

appointing Iain Dowie
appointing Les Reed
appointing Alan Pardew

Letting Dacourt, Materazzi and the one and only MARK PEMBRIDGE.

Best decisions: Selling Franny Jeffers for just under £10 mill, Lescott for £23 mill, signing Miky Arteta for under £2mill.

MOYES is an absolute GENIUS,

Selling Michael Owen.
Sacking Benitez.
Letting Daglish quit as manager.
Selling Xabi Alonso.
Letting Hicks and Gillett take over the club.

Sacking Me

Football Manager 2010

Crystal Palace= Takeover We'd not won 6 games (like 4 unlucky draws)

Hmm...
Buying Almunia.
Buying Fabianski.
Buying Amaury Bischoff.
'Letting go' of Flamini - i should re-phrase this: Not making him a better offer, he wanted to leave...
I think it might have been a mistake to let go of either Gallas or Campbell, because now we're having to buy at least one other CB for £10/15 million, instead of keeping one, for free.
MAYBE, not buying Arshavin in the summer: He turned our season around, but we would have had to pay over the odds in the summer, with a £20m asking price slapped on him.

I remember crappy signings here in Zaragoza, like Chainho, Esquerdinha, Martínez, Luis García, Marko Babic more recently,...

We have sold great players, but it's ok for us as we're not top level club.
Anyway, acording the money and what they represented to the club, I would include selling Cani and Zapater.

Back