Biggest mistake your Clubs made?

But I went to every home game the seasons SWP was playing, and he'd come on or start, but he'd change the game. We drew with Rosenberg actually, but still it was still august? or early September, we were about 7 games in, can't judge a manager on that so stupid

Ohh, my error but he had fallen out with Ambramovich which was kinda Roman's fault for signing Shevchenko. You were though 6 points behind in the title race, I think people forget what a great job Grant did that season, he took Chelsea to within a point of the title and a penalty away from there first CL but still got sacked a slated.

Mourinho left Chelsea 7th in the table although it was early days and had lost to Rosenberg, agree with most of it except letting go SWP, he was never that great. I can't believe you let go of Robben though and then Real made the same mistake as well!

chelsea fans also got ****** off with robben diving all the time.

There was no denying his talent, he was just always injured for us. I don't know what Madrid were playing at though, he was arguably their best player.

I've seen some United fans mention Pique and rightly so, probably the best centre half in the world at the moment. But if you ask any of their fans, no one would have seen that potential when he was at United, so it's hard to predict whether he would of been such a good player.

As for Chelsea, signing Sheva was a mistake but at the same time it done the club good. Roman now knows not to interfere with club transfers.

Other mistakes include the signing of players like SWP, Parker, Khalid Boulahrouz (sp) etc.
RE: pique, definitely agree. he always looked like he'd be good, we just didnt know how good. i certainly didnt think he'd turn into the player he is today

Peter Risdale

selling ferdinand woodgate bowyer martyn fowler keane kewell viduka smith milner robinson lennon kilgallon
gary mcallister
ken bates not wanting to spend any money what so ever

tbf we only sold martyn because we had robinson and fowler was nothing but a drain on the club never did **** all for us and we were still paying him until about 2 years ago and tbh if we hadnt had sold all those players leeds prob wouldnt exist anymore

well because everyone rekons im so biased im going to say nothing, chelsea have done everything right ;)

but on all seriousness this list maybe long..
  • Buying Shevchenko
  • Buying Winston Bogarde
  • Buying Scott Parker
  • Selling Arjen Robben
  • Selling Eidur Gudjohnsen
  • Roman getting involved in first team affairs(has stopped now)
  • Not offering Joe Cole a new deal earlier
  • Appionting Felipe Scolari As manager
  • Appointing Peter Kenyon as Chief Executive(money grabbing ****)
  • Selling Carlo Cudicini
  • Not murdering that Norwiegen **** after the Barcelona semi-final
If any Chelsea fans can think of any more let me know please.

I knew I forgot one, GUDJOHNSEN and HASSELBAINK, best partnership we ever had, letting them both go was a mistake, but Hasselbaink was getting on

I knew I forgot one, GUDJOHNSEN and HASSELBAINK, best partnership we ever had, letting them both go was a mistake, but Hasselbaink was getting on

personly i think gudjohnsen was a bigger player for chelsea than we thought. his got a sensational footballing brain definatly would make a decent coach/manager.

And we were glad to see him go,after he got Pepe sent off ^__^

yer i remember that, ok he put his hands on robbens face but what happend after that was really poor on robbens side. ok i was happy pepe got sent off but i was embarrassed to watch it.

And **** for us;

He was a few yards out, if he would of stood still it would of bounced off him and gone in. He tried to backheel it and the ball went through his legs :S

Letting Steve Elliot leave :'(
Buying Scott Shearer, shocking keeper
Letting go of Craig Disley
******* about with Stuart Campbell's contract
Buying Mark Wright

All I can think of atm

Letting Steve Elliot leave :'(
Buying Scott Shearer, shocking keeper
Letting go of Craig Disley
******* about with Stuart Campbell's contract
Buying Mark Wright

All I can think of atm
Disagree with steve elliott, he was getting on, and personally i think anthony is much better

Ohh, my error but he had fallen out with Ambramovich which was kinda Roman's fault for signing Shevchenko. You were though 6 points behind in the title race, I think people forget what a great job Grant did that season, he took Chelsea to within a point of the title and a penalty away from there first CL but still got sacked a slated.

I loved Grant, great manager, Chelsea fans didn't appreciate him because he couldnt win.
He lost 2 Cup finals and the premier league on the last day which was out of our hands anyway, but he was great. But when you have a big russian in charge. He wants trophies, I would have kept him on, but Roman didnt obviously :/

I loved Grant, great manager, Chelsea fans didn't appreciate him because he couldnt win.
He lost 2 Cup finals and the premier league on the last day which was out of our hands anyway, but he was great. But when you have a big russian in charge. He wants trophies, I would have kept him on, but Roman didnt obviously :/
To be fair chelsea should be winning trophies left and right, imo for about 5 years now youve had the best team in the league, hope he sticks with ancelotti

Disagree with steve elliott, he was getting on, and personally i think anthony is much better

Yeah I agree with that one. Danny and Byron have a good partnership together and Byron's very good at right back as well as Centre Back. But Danny is fairly prone to injury so a natural CB would be a good option. Although if we Danny Jones in the summer he can play CB with Anthony on RB with Jeff Hughes on LB and Ben Swallow on the wing. Still think we should of retained a few players tbh

i liked grant mate but his problem wasent his fault. grant and mourinho couldnt be further appart on scale of personalities and chelsea loved jose's personality. i wouldt have kept grant for another season atleast, i was always abit weary of scolari's appointment from the start.

Back