Biggest mistake your Clubs made?

Hopefully we sign andersen pemanently from reading, hes class, honestly i think heffernan and jones will both sign, but jones is best on the wing imo, id play regan at CB and buy a right back

To be fair chelsea should be winning trophies left and right, imo for about 5 years now youve had the best team in the league, hope he sticks with ancelotti

yer i agree mate, its been **** the last few years(apart from this season) watching us fail time and time again. i belive the mourinho hoodoo has now gone thanks to king carlo.

Hopefully we sign andersen pemanently from reading, hes class, honestly i think heffernan and jones will both sign, but jones is best on the wing imo, id play regan at CB and buy a right back

I do hope Andersen will come back as I have heard he will be back on loan (fingers crossed) He is one of the best keepers we have had since Scott Howie or Steve Phillips !

Chelsea:
Buying Shevchenko for £30M
Buying SWP for £21M
Buying Mikel for £12M
Buying Kalou, whatever he was, he's ****
Buying Del Horno
Buying Boulahrouz
Barely playing Zhirkov
Buying Kezman
Buying Mutu
Buying Sutton
Selling Robben
Selling Duff
Selling Gudjohnsen
Selling Hasselbaink
Selling Cudicini
Getting rid of Jose
Getting Scolari

Norwich:
Buying Otsemobor
Buying Theoklitos
Selling Ashton
Selling Green
Selling Sutton
Selling Croft
Selling Fleck
Losing Doherty and Hucks on frees
Giving Roeder a job.

i liked grant mate but his problem wasent his fault. grant and mourinho couldnt be further appart on scale of personalities and chelsea loved jose's personality. i wouldt have kept grant for another season atleast, i was always abit weary of scolari's appointment from the start.

Also the fact that the dressing room was split when Grant was in charge. A change was inevitable.

Went to Al Sadd for 6 million. After signing him for 25 million not a great investment.

no way was it 25million, it was 12.7million...:O

and sold to al sadd fo 7.5milloin8-|

EDIT-

sorry didn't realise some one had pointed this out already:(

Last edited:
Dont know why people are giving SWP such a hard time, whenever i saw him play for chelsea he came on and changed the game for them with some amazing run or something

Also the fact that the dressing room was split when Grant was in charge. A change was inevitable.

yer definatly i mean drogba was non-exsistant.

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

Dont know why people are giving SWP such a hard time, whenever i saw him play for chelsea he came on and changed the game for them with some amazing run or something

i never though i would say this but looks like we agree with something. swp was decent for us, struggled to get many games which was a shame.

not signing shay given and stewart downing when we had the chance
not cashing in on phillips when villa offered £14m for him (sold him for like £1m the next season)

Signing:
marcus bent, ferdinand coly, petr sweiceskfsrghrglrjnerfjlnslr XD, carlos costly, emile heskey

Selling:
olivier tebily :), luciano figueroa, andrew johnson, steve finnan, jesper gronkjaer, clinton morrison

In general, in our first spell in the premiership, tried to become a top 10 team too quickly not getting the right blend of players in the team and buying a bunch of lads that enjoyed their pay packets more than anything else.

Oh, and Mr Sullivan & Gold, letting Steve Bruce leave instead of signing him up with a lucrative contract after he had done a great job getting us up and keeping us there, will never hold that decision against him to leave after the way they treated him.

Sacking George Burley 11 games into the season, sitting top of the SPL and unbeaten.

Appointing Graham Rix

Selling Lee Johnson

Signing Christian Nade

Every Lithuanian who ever played for Hearts

Sacking Bobby Robson
Spending way over the odds, piling on the debt
Allowing Hall and co to siphon off millions

Not trying to keep Strachan
Selling Scott McDonald
Buying Lee Naylor
Letting Boruc Go

But the biggest mistake? Tony Mowbray.

not playing hernan crespo and keeping him happy, he had a great strike rate for the chels.

Giving **** Advocate an open checkbook
Appointing Paul Le Guen
Not Keeping Boyd, Thomson, Wilson, Barry Ferguson, Gattuso and Albertz
Signing Tore Andre Flo for £12 Million

Allowing Jim Leishman (legend that he is) to try and defend against Celtic in the CIS Cup final of 2006

Appointing Davie Hay as manager

Signing Noel Whelan

Allowing the players to dictate when Stephen Kenny would get sacked

Spending far beyond our means for years (although we had a great few years)

Back