Biggest premiership flop of all time

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 128
  • Views Views 10K
Berbatov is not really a flop as he did well for Tottenham in the PREMIERESHIP and then becamse worst at Man Utd.

Shvechenko wasn't a waste, it was the problem between Ambromavich (can't spell) and Mourinho, that caused him to come.

But he didn't perform well enough for the fee they paid.

Aquilani was also 2nd I think since he was hyped up and played decent for 1 or 2 matches but never heard of again.

Shvechenko wasn't a waste, it was the problem between Ambromavich (can't spell) and Mourinho, that caused him to come.

Aquilani was also 2nd I think since he was hyped up and played decent for 1 or 2 matches but never heard of again.
Aquilani cost 5 milion upfront, never heard of again? Give him chance

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

Don't disagree mate, but then you weigh Francis Jeffers up against Mark Gonzalez and there's only one winner in the flop stakes.

Know some might have issues with him, but Tomkins (Liverpool supporter, yeah, yeah) has been trying to account for 'inflation' in transfer prices and has come up with the following list:
http://tomkinstimes.com/2010/02/tpi©-the-top-50-premier-league-deals/

And it's meant to be neutral - ffs, would anyone in their right minds go out and spend £26.5m if their scout said they'd found a 'new Heskey'? How about nearly £28m on a 'new Cisse'? £45m for the new Shearer sounds remarkably reasonable and £21m on a 'new Roy Keane' would be an absolute bargain. £23,3 million for a new Cristiano Ronaldo is cheap at the price.
Lol, Jon Obi Mikel at 20M Xd

Don't disagree mate, but then you weigh Francis Jeffers up against Mark Gonzalez and there's only one winner in the flop stakes.

Know some might have issues with him, but Tomkins (Liverpool supporter, yeah, yeah) has been trying to account for 'inflation' in transfer prices and has come up with the following list:
http://tomkinstimes.com/2010/02/tpi©-the-top-50-premier-league-deals/

And it's meant to be neutral - ffs, would anyone in their right minds go out and spend £26.5m if their scout said they'd found a 'new Heskey'? How about nearly £28m on a 'new Cisse'? £45m for the new Shearer sounds remarkably reasonable and £21m on a 'new Roy Keane' would be an absolute bargain. £23,3 million for a new Cristiano Ronaldo is cheap at the price.

So really if you use this the biggest flops were.

1) Shevchenko
2) Veron
3) SWP?
4) Reyes
5)Duff?
6) Crespo
7) Mutu

I didn't know if a 'flop' was somebody coming into the Premiership from abroad or just a player making the step up i.e SWP, so if he doesn't count then disregard him and Duff. However I think that is a pretty realistic assumption, I mean to be a flop you have to have been touted as a top player to begin with and probably command a huge fee.

Wow little bit harsh, i'll admit he is no Xabi Alonso but considering what we [initially] paid for him he has been a pretty good player, we will see more of him this season I'm sure.

He's probably less of a flop than Walcott anyway...

Mark Gonxalez, Josemi (livepool again ;)), Sheva, Crespo, Berbatov, Forland, and Robbie Keane to Livepoool

Bruno Cheyrou ,Helder Postiga , Marcelino, Jo , David Bellion, Jon Dahl Tomasson , Gilles de Bilde , Florin Raducioiu, Tomas Brolin , Patrick Kluivert

Veron wasn't THAT awful. He played quite well but I agree not worth the £28m price tag. Off the top of my head I would say maybe Santa Cruz for £20m but because it's man city they don't really care about the money.

Mark Gonxalez, Josemi (livepool again ;)), Sheva, Crespo, Berbatov, Forland, and Robbie Keane to Livepoool
Josemi cost 2 million...
Gonzalez was a good player, and as Zeb said he sold him on for the same price payed, he went to the world cup and scored a goal, he's now playing CL football for CSKA Moscow - hardly a flop

Erm, Shevchenko, Veron, Robbie Keane, Diao, Boumsong, Cheyro, Luque

shevchenkos up their unfortunately :( and i remember in the 2007/08 season when drogba was away for the africa cup sheva had a good run of form but then as soon as drogba came back h was dropped to the bench :(

Shevchenko to Chelsea
Veron to Manchester United
Vorinin to Liverpool
Morientes to Liverpool

claudio pizzaro may have been free for chelsea but he was ****** awful only scored2 goals for us and both were against birmingham. if only we could of played them every week he would be banging them in :P

Ramon Vega probadly the worst centre half in the world ever , Hossam ghaly, Ilie Dumitrescu, Mido,

has Scheva's former strike partner Rebrov been mentioned? 10mil in 2000 was a pretty huge transfer fee

I was just about to say Sergiy Rebrov yes was terrible for Spurs.

Back