Iamahuman

Reaction score
What are your biggest regrets on football manager.
Not signing a certain player?
Not using a certain tactic?

For me, I regret signing Moussa Dembele, was hoping for an all action, goal scoring, striker. I probably should've looked at his goal scoring history before signing him for 14 million!

Letting go of Neville and Arteta. Felt...hollow inside. Just felt bad for everything they've done for the club.
And the team imploded.

Signing Andy Carroll on deadline day with QPR at end of first season in EPL....He couldn't hit a bull's * with a shovel!! Ended up with only one decent striker that season(all the rest were ****). He scored 8 goals in 35 PL games!! My wingers and midfielders did all my scoring! I now cant even sell him for half the price I paid!

Rejecting Real Madrid and the getting sacked at A.C. Milan and only getting West Brom. :/

Trying to beat A promoted Reading with Port Vale in the FA Cup, getting slaughtered and going from leading the league to finishing 1 point outside the playoffs. Was horrible and I couldn't stop the slump

In my current file, probably not paying enough attention to Phil Jones' development. He ended up terrible - really, really bad, Burnley reserves bad - and I had a leaky defence for 2 seasons after that.

Trying to beat A promoted Reading with Port Vale in the FA Cup, getting slaughtered and going from leading the league to finishing 1 point outside the playoffs. Was horrible and I couldn't stop the slump

should never try and beat reading.. ;)

rejecting a 30m bid offer from Man City for one of my best LB's ever (btw, he's a regen)

pretty good tbh, and his postion is basically untouched untill i rotate players, or if injuries happen

should never try and beat reading.. ;)
Went 1-0 up against the run of play so went contain from there. Couldn't hold on, once they got the first the floodgates opened :/

Declining to sign this regen forward for £6million, despite the scout reports I couldn't see how he could become a great player. 5 years later, he's 23 and the best in the world

Having to let C. Ronaldo go to Liverpool for £40.5m. 6 months after rejecting a £58m offer from them in January.

deleting a save I had where I was not only doing well and enjoying it ( deleted it by accident because I'm a massive idiot ) but also a few clubs had tycoon takeovers and I was going to try and take them to the top :(

Signing Maro Balotelli for 30m only for him to totally ruin my squad harmony and play like ****

Buying a 18 year-old regen for 24 million, who a week later says he wants to leave the club due to the number of rivals for his position...

Leaving a few clubs, partly because things haven't gone too well at a new place, but now I'm more consistent, its often due to having an incredible attachment with a side. My most recent Ipswich side being a most recent example, to the point I changed my mind on leaving a couple of seasons previously, even though we were stuck in 'there or thereabouts' territory, with a worsening financial situation, very strong competition, and players started to get old, but they would still be mine for a few years, and I could always have a go. I think going for signing youth after winning the league (which admitedly I needed to do), at the expense of any developed reinforcements didn't work out either.

my biggest one and i always do it, not signing a player cause the club are askin far to much transfer fee... couple years later he is bossing the league, comes back to haunt you by scoring the winner against you.

I regret moving from Arsenal to Barcelona! :( I quit my game after that move. Managed to make Arsenal the best team ever, but then Barcelona asked me if I wanted to join them. I saw that they granted me a 238£ transfer budget, what I didn't notice was that they hadn't signed many new players and most of their signings was bad and the veterans CA had declined massively. Bought Pato for 71.5£ million and Manuel Neuer for 36£ million and then I realised this sucked and I decided to quit. I almost had to replace an entire team!

Resigning as Arsenal manager, being rejected for England job, rejected for Brighton manager, then taking over a terrible Huddersfield at the bottom of the league and getting constant abuse from the new chairman who wants Jewell. I've won the ****** champions league 3 times.