Billy the Greek

• Thread starter Thread starter kolas79
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 491
  • Views Views 75K
Looking good a solid defence and free scoring attack, good luck vs Bilbao

Looking good a solid defence and free scoring attack, good luck vs Bilbao

I have noticed that adding the instruction for low crosses, helped my offence a lot ! My wingers can cross the ball very good and we score a lot of goals from crosses into the box. I advice everyone to give it a try ! As for defense instead of closing down the opponent's wingers all the time, I 've tried something else. If they are not so fast I close them down but if the are fast I give the instruction to be shown into their opposite foot (attention not their weaker foot but their opposite), and I have seen great improvement!

Cup game with Panathinaikos ! It was time to grab a win and show Niang and his gang that they are not unbeatable ! Billy gave an encouraging speech in the dressing before the start of the game and the players appeared in the field with eye of tiger !

View attachment 191655
View attachment 191654
At last !! We did not just win , we smoked them ! It was about f..ing time! They are not better than us and that scoreline proves it ! I am thrilled !!
View attachment 191653
My own "Messi" did it again!
View attachment 191652

Killing it mate!! 13 points ahead with only 6 games to go - can just about hand you the title now ;)

Incredible win in the cup don't let them get complacent though looks like the only risk you have

Killing it mate!! 13 points ahead with only 6 games to go - can just about hand you the title now ;)

I wish it was like that! We have a long way to go, since the second round of the Superleague is about to start and we are still one point behind (with a game less)

Incredible win in the cup don't let them get complacent though looks like the only risk you have
Yes ! I enjoyed every minute of it ! We are in great form right now but I still keep my feet to the ground!

Last game of this year and Billy wanted to be victorious. Although 2019 had as a highlight Olympiakos' presence in Europa League, Billy wanted this year to be forgotten as quickly as possible since the team had finished third in the League and it was knocked out from Champions League. Everyone in Piraeus were hoping that 2020 would bring the return of this team to trophies !

View attachment 191328

View attachment 191327
With the appearances of Munir and Vergos so far in this season , Billy was starting to wonder whether the capture of Gustavo Bou was a mistake... Well time will show but if those two continue like this maybe the end of the season will find the Argentinian attacker away from Olympiakos !

View attachment 191326

At least the end of this year finds the team in the top of the table !!

Last edited:
View attachment 191325
It was time for Billy to make some changes in the team. Our hero had seen that the tweaks he had done in his tactic had worked great. He had also come to conclusion that what he was needed was not only fast defenders but with good agility as well, in order to cope with fast and good dribbling wingers. Papastathopoulos proved uncapable to help since he had the speed but not the agility. Kyriakos Papadopoulos was in the same category as well so it was time for him to follow Papastathopoulos to the exit. Timothy Focu Mensah and Borja Lopez had the desired combination but it was very difficult for Billy to buy the young Dutch from United and the Spanish was starting to attract the interest of big clubs around Europe. So he had to find some good replacements in view of the upcoming season.

New defender number 1, was young Evangelou from Panathinaikos! Yes you heard right, our big rival had a young lad which Olympiakos' scouters had been monitoring for quite some time and gave the green light for his capture.
View attachment 191324

New defender number 2, was another Greek young player who was playing in Holland. A little more expensive than Evangelou but the departures of Tielemans and Papadopoulos had given Billy respectable transfer fund!
View attachment 191323

Not forget our young Italian Luca Valzania who was bought in order to share with Joao Texeira the advanced play maker position.

View attachment 191322

To cut a long story short Olympiakos' transfer deals where the above ...
View attachment 191321

Billy and his boys were traveling to Thessaloniki a few days before the second game for the Greek cup with Panathinaikos, to face Iraklis. It was the first game of the new year and it was vital to start with the right foot.

View attachment 191009
View attachment 191008
Great win and we are again on the top of the table with two points ahead of our big rival!
While the team was returning form the second biggest city of Greece , Billy received a text message which made him very happy!
View attachment 191005

"When I renew his loan deal, I had a slim hope that I could get him for free since he had only one year left in his contract. For some strange reason Juventus decided that he did not worth to be part of its squad. Fine by me! His more than welcome here", said Billy to his assistant and got up from his seat to shake the hand of Romagna and to welcome him in the team as a official player of Olympiakos!

Second game with Panathinaikos for the cup. Billy wanted to grab another win in order to show them that their dominating days in Greece had come to an end! And he wanted to do this with an emphatic way, he had decided to use his second best squad! Well that would be interesting!

View attachment 191004
View attachment 191003
The fun is over guys! Olympiakos is back for good!

View attachment 191002

The draw for the next round brought Atromitos in our way. With Panathinaikos out for good it was a great chance to aim for the double !

View attachment 190884View attachment 190885
View attachment 190883​We continue to do well in the league and a small deference between us and Panathinaikos is starting to create!

View attachment 190882
View attachment 190881Billy underestimated Atromitos and they made him pay. We have to try our best in the second game or else it is goodbye Greek Cup.

View attachment 190880
View attachment 190879​A much better performance this time! Thankfully the surprising loss in the cup did not have an affect in the team!
View attachment 190884View attachment 190876
View attachment 190874Panaitolikos' fast wingers punished us today. Our new defenders are still adjusting in the team. Perhaps I must take it slow introducing them to the team.

View attachment 190869 Billy I want to inform you that he have just received a great offer for Borja Lopez from Southampton and we are thinking of accepting it. Since we did not manage to qualify for the Champions League this year we have to be very careful with the Financial Fair Play.

View attachment 190868I totally understand Mr. President. Although Borja is a key player for the team and a solid defender I agree with you. It is vital to keep the financial status in a healthy state. I am certain that our new players can fill Lopez's gap.
View attachment 190861

Later that day we had the Greek Superleague awards for the previous season. Olympiakos, despite the fact that it did not win the champion, dominated in the ceremony!
View attachment 190859

View attachment 190857

View attachment 190856 ​"I would like to thank my colleagues for voting me as best coach and I dedicating this award to my players. The are the ones who win the matches ! We just sit on the bench and always shouting to them ! "
View attachment 190849View attachment 190850
View attachment 190847Another good win and a great moment for young Nikos Vergos who came form the bench and score a goal in his birthday!

Greek Superleague was beginning to reach its final lap and Billy had to prepare his team for two big games. The first was with PAOK in Thessaloniki and the second one with AEK in Karaiskakis. Both of them difficult , both of them derby !
View attachment 190806
View attachment 190803The scoreline was not so impressing but a win in PAOK 's home always gives the fans something to celebrate!

View attachment 190797

View attachment 190801
View attachment 190800We managed to get two out of two! Another celebration day for the fans who apotheosized Billy and the players!

Earlier that day, our junior team gave one more humiliation to our big rivals !!

Greek cup and time for the second game against Atromitos. A very difficult task for Billy this time since Olympiakos needed three goals in order to qualify to the semi final. Once more the fans were there to support him and the team.
View attachment 190795View attachment 190794
View attachment 190793Atromitos justified his name today (it is the Greek word for fearless) and knocked us from the cup. At least we manage to succeed a great victory against Panathinaikos in the previous round

Still doing well in the league and unlucky in the cup keep the good form up

Still doing well in the league and unlucky in the cup keep the good form up

I tried everything against Atromitos but we just could not get the ball in. Anyway me priority was the championship and so far we are looking very good! There are not many games left and I hope we will finish first in this marathon !

Still doing well and I like the very targeted reshaping of the defence, as well as the fact that you're still buying Greek players first and foremost :)

Still doing well and I like the very targeted reshaping of the defence, as well as the fact that you're still buying Greek players first and foremost :)

I try to do what I like to see as a fan in real in life and I will explain what I mean. I don't like watching my favorite team and its lineup to be consisted of one or two Greek players. It is very sad that the coaches don't trust young Greek talents who just need some game time in order to shine. That is why in every transfer period I always look if there is any good Greek that is worth to buy. As for the "targeted reshaping" (you put very well there !) I think it is caused from the difficulty of this year FM. When you win every game easily you don't think too much but when you start struggling it is time to squeeze your mind and come up with some ideas.

View attachment 189844
View attachment 189843When you come up against a team that is fighting to remain in the category and the MVP of the match is your goalkeeper, you can’t be very proud for your team’s performance.

Next stop Biblao and San Mames Stadium. The home of Athletic Bilbao where Olympiakos found an old friend. The coach of Athletic Ernesto Valverde had been Olympiakos' coach for the seasons 2008-2009 , 2010-2011 and 2011-2012. He managed to win three championships and one Greek cup and he also won the award for best coach of the Greek Superleague in the 2011. As you can understand our opponent knew the team very very well.
View attachment 189837
View attachment 189835Even though Leali was brilliant once more and we manage to escape with the draw from Athletic‘s home and we hope for the best in Karaiskakis. It won’t be an easy match though since this score line is always tricky for the home team.

View attachment 189844
View attachment 189833It is our time this year! With Vadala proving that he is unstoppable one more time this year, Billy managed to succeed one more win against our biggest rivals! The team’s morale is sky high and everybody in Olympiakos camp hope for the best for the big game against Athletic.

View attachment 189832
View attachment 189831Me and my big mouth! I predicted that a goalless draw is always tricky for the home team and it happened exactly what I was afraid of. They got the first goal and it was an uphill from there. We got the quick equalizer in the beginning of the second half but we could not beat Stephane Ruffier twice. Anyway, this year winning the champion was our primary goal so this unlucky did not affect Billy that much.

View attachment 189830

View attachment 189829A bad time to loose points! Superleague is reaching to the end and Panathinaikos is still very close. Everybody in the team had to be extra careful !

View attachment 189828"Come you guys wake up! It would be such a shame to lose the championship this year" shouted Billy to his players in the dressing rooms at the end of the game. Losing this tittle after all this effort will be a suicide

View attachment 189827Okay now I am getting really nervous. We managed to get ahead twice but they still had an answer. Our lead is down to three points now…

View attachment 189826
View attachment 189825At last a big win! We needed that result badly since the team’s morale was starting to drop! Munir was unstoppable today! It was about time to wake up since he was struggling lately.

View attachment 189824The game was going to the last minutes and the draw was very close, Billy took the call and put in both Bou and Vergos. Bou was on the verge of leaving the team and Vergos was not getting so much game time lately and he was considering his options. However these two “forgotten players” gave the win that will probably prove vital!

View attachment 189823With only two games remaining , we needed just one point in order to return to our throne as champions. We won in style and let the celebrations begin!! We are back!! We are champions again !!

So we 've reached to the final game of the season. We were facing Asteras Tripolis in Karaiskakis and the stadium was packed! The fans wanted to express their love to the new Superleague champions !
View attachment 189820 View attachment 189819

View attachment 189818
A comfortable win with a very good performance, was the best way for the team to say a great thank you to its supporters.

View attachment 189817
No matter how much I stare the final league table, I just can’t get enough of it!!

View attachment 189816
They have done great. They knocked us out and managed to win the Greek Cup. An amazing success. Hats off for them!

Back