Billy the Greek

• Thread starter Thread starter kolas79
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 491
  • Views Views 75K
The win against Basel brought joy in Olympiakos' camp. However the upcoming bad news drop Billy 's mood.
View attachment 195880 View attachment 195879

Our two main attackers out while Vadala and Donis are still recovering from their injuries ! The team is left with young Vergos as its only striker !

View attachment 195878Nikos, you have been complaining all season about your little game time. Now it is your chance to shine. Prove to me that you are capable of staying in the team ! I know that you have potentials but it this the lack of consistency that is keeping you behind. Do you have what it takes ?

View attachment 195877 I feel ready coach! I won't let you down!

The draw for the next round of the Europa League, brought a much more difficult opponent.
View attachment 195876

View attachment 195875
View attachment 195874A good win and a goal from Vergos who played well.

View attachment 195873View attachment 195872
View attachment 195871They are better from us this year. I must admit it. Their front line looks unbeatable.

View attachment 195867
View attachment 195866With Vadala returning in good shape from his injury and Vergos showing that he is capable of great things, the team looks ready for the games against Sociedad!

After the game, Billy received an award from the Greek Football Association since he managed to ...
View attachment 195865

View attachment 195856
One more big game for the Europa League. As you can understand the Karaiskakis stadium looked like this ...

View attachment 195849
View attachment 195847

View attachment 195841Get in !! What a win ! A very good performance and one more goal from young Vergos. If he continues like this he may be our basic attacker next year alongside with Vadala. They have created a lethal pair upfront.

View attachment 195840
View attachment 195839 You don 't have to guess who scored our goals again !
View attachment 195856
Billy was quite nervous before entering to the Anoeta stadium for the second game against Sociedad. Olympiakos, had a good lead but the Spanish team looked very strong. Before the game he received text messages from Fuster and Roberto, wishing "Thrylos" good luck, and he shared them with the team in order to boost their morale. Even though both of them were Spanish and have left the club, their love for the club was unquestionable.

View attachment 195832 Nikos Vergos ladies and gentlemen !!!!!

View attachment 195831

Well perhaps our Europa league adventure will come to an end but we will not go down without a fight that's for sure !

Not many games left till the end of the regular season for the Greek Superleague and Billy was thinking only the two big matches against United and the encounter with Panathinaikos for the Greek Cup. He had decided to rotate his team as much as possible in order to his players fit.

View attachment 195798
View attachment 195797 This is what happens when you rotate your team so much.

View attachment 195796

A gutting moment for every Olympiakos fan... Anyway let's hope that next year we will be the ones to celebrate.
View attachment 195795
View attachment 195794 A good win just before our big game with Panathinaikos.

View attachment 195789
View attachment 195787They were the better team this year. I said it before and I am saying again. We did not managed get a single win against them this season.

View attachment 195786View attachment 195783
View attachment 195784

It was time for Billy to face his favorite team from outside Greece. After the speculation which went last year with the United board to choose Marcelo Bielsa over him for their new coach, it was a great opportunity to test his skills against this huge club. Over 5.000 Olympiakos' fans who traveled from all around the world were on his side to supporting him and their beloved team.

View attachment 195780

Last edited:
Good luck vs United hopefully you can get into the semi final, and rebound in the league next year

Good luck vs United hopefully you can get into the semi final, and rebound in the league next year
Thank you my friend ! It is very strange that the team has manage to move on so much in Europe this year and we could not win the tittle were we face a lot more easier opponents. Anyway that is going to keep Billy at least for one year in Greece!

View attachment 195774
View attachment 195773
What a win !! Billy was absolutely thrilled with his boys. They showed no fear against this huge team and manage to leave Old Trafford with a huge result. Guido Vadala, our own "Messi" was unstopable and showed the Englishmen who was the boss!

After this win we had one more game for the Superleague 's regular season. A time for the boys who gave everything they 've got with United to have some rest.

View attachment 195769

After this game, the league table was that.

And to make things even more worse...
View attachment 195767

No time for tears though ! Manchester was coming to Karaiskakis in order to take the win ad prove that they were the better team. However, Billy was feeling quite optimistic since the last time the red devils from Manchester had visited this stadium they suffer a great loss.
<span style="font-family:comic sans ms;"><font size="3">[video=dailymotion;x1dggzb]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1dggzb_olympiacos-vs-manchester-united-2-0-all-goals-hd-olympiakos-2-0-manchester-united-25-02-2014_sport[/video]

Karaiskakis stadium was too small for this match! To be honest though even if Olympiakos owned the Rungrado May Day Stadium, the biggest stadium in the world with 150.000 seats some people would be left outside without a ticket!

View attachment 195761

View attachment 195760
They managed to score a goal first, we were down to ten players quite early in the second half, Vadala though stroke again! He chased a lost ball , managed to steal it from the defender and sent Olympiakos' fans into raptures! The dream continues for Thrylos this year !!!

The draw brought us another English team in our way. Liverpool had hurt us a lot when they managed to knock us out from the group stage of the Champions League, the year they 've managed to win it in Turkey in that amazing final against Milan. We little luck this could be considered as pay back time!
View attachment 195759

View attachment 195504
Back to Anfield for Olympiakos after many years. Despite the team 's poor performance in the league, Billy has managed to bring Thrylos just two steps before the Europa league Final. In order to get there though Olympiakos needed to overtake the great Liverpool. Not the easiest of tasks, but the two games with United everything was possible.
Maybe Bruce Willis takes Olympiakos as his partner for the next Die Hard movie! What a game! We were down to two goals but somehow managed to cause an upset getting the tie in the last minute! Vadala one more time was our key player and he was the one to give the signal for this great comeback!

Together with a possible participation in the Europa league final, Billy had to think about the Greek Superleague Playoffs. The Greek Football Association did not want to change its schedule so Olympiakos had to give three games (including the match against Liverpool)within eight days!! The players had begun to feel exhausted but they had to keep on playing and overcome the fatigue.

Despite the tired legs, we managed to get two wins in our first two games!

View attachment 195504

View attachment 195495
It was as if Clyne was wearing Gerrard jersey underneath his own shirt. The amazing right back created Liverpool 's goal with a pinpoint cross and managed to save a certain goal in the 89th minute of the game. A devastating moment for Billy , his players and the fans. However the crowd gave a warm applause to the team recognizing their effort.
View attachment 195493

You are doing very good so far in European competitions so close to reach Europa League final but I think Olympiakos underperforms at greek league and cup
I mean I can't believe you lost the league to Afragouzos twice XD

You are doing very good so far in European competitions so close to reach Europa League final but I think Olympiakos underperforms at greek league and cup
I mean I can't believe you lost the league to Afragouzos twice XD

I can't believe it either ! I was very wring for not buying Niang from Milan this summer, they bought him and he managed to change the whole team! This year was even worse than my first one since I end up third !! I manage to beat United in England and I lost from Platanias in Karaiskakis !!!!

Wow just caught up on this season today, tough luck against Liverpool. Next year should be interesting, with balancing revenge against Panathinaikos and trying to go deep in Europe.

Going great mate - hard luck against Liverpool but what a win against Man U!!

Going great mate - hard luck against Liverpool but what a win against Man U!!

I was not expecting to play so good and I am very happy for sticking up with Vadala. When I brought him on a loan he was rubbish for about a year but now is turning into the player we all knew in previous FMs!

Wow just caught up on this season today, tough luck against Liverpool. Next year should be interesting, with balancing revenge against Panathinaikos and trying to go deep in Europe.

Thank you very much for watching my friend. I am planning to give more time to some of the players that are developing in my academy and I really looking forward to see how that will go. As for Panathinaikos my goal is only one, revenge ha ha ha !!

After the shocking loos in the game against Liverpool, Billy had the hard task of rising his players' morale in view the rest games of the playoffs for the Superleague. The season was not over yet and the team had to earn the ticket for the qualification round of the upcoming Champions League.

At least we managed to close his season with the minimum of our goals succeeded...
View attachment 194596

View attachment 194595

For the upcoming season though Billy had to do a lot of thinking with such a tiny transfer budget...
View attachment 194594

And since this will probably be the last post for this year I would to wish to all of a happy new year ! See you in 2016 !!!!!

Great work beating United and losing to Liverpool, very proud of you! :P Also keeps things interesting that somebody else won the league, I'm sure you'll rebound next year though!

Nice run in the Europa League unlucky to just miss out on the final. Hopefully another deep run in Europe next year and a bit better in the league

Great work beating United and losing to Liverpool, very proud of you! :P Also keeps things interesting that somebody else won the league, I'm sure you'll rebound next year though!

Thank you a a lot Patrick glad to have you back ! You are totally right ! In previous FM it was very easy to win the Greek League with Olympiakos but know it is a very good challenge !

Nice run in the Europa League unlucky to just miss out on the final. Hopefully another deep run in Europe next year and a bit better in the league

Thanks my friend much appreciated ! I hope the end of the upcoming season finds Billy champion again !

Back