Billy the Greek

• Thread starter Thread starter kolas79
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 491
  • Views Views 75K
Billy was more determined than ever this time. Last year failure to retain the championship tittle has made him very hungry for the upcoming season. The fact that the team reached one step before playing in Europa League final for the first time in its history, showed its quality. Crucial injuries which happened in the same and some bad technical decisions for our hero took away the championship but now he has learned from his mistakes.

His first mistake was keeping a player who did not want to stay to the team. He did that with Zivkovic and the Serbian left for free in the end of season. This time it was Predrag Rajkovic who expressed his desire to leave Piraeus because Olympiakos was too small club for his ambitions. Even though he was a top class goalkeeper, Billy decided that it was best for the harmony of the team to let him go. Wolfsburg was eager to buy him so off you go. It was time for the young hope of the club Stavros Biziotas (who had already attracted the attention of some big European clubs) to come forward.

Another mistake was the capturing of Papastathopoulos. An expensive transfer that did not offer to the club what was expected even though he was one of the club's top earners . It was time to leave as well. Surprisingly Chelsea came and offered some good money for the lad. Billy did not have to think twice about it. The fact that he had already managed to extend Romagna 's loan for one more year and he had also agreed to bring young Timothy Fosu Mensah from United on a loan too, made things even easier.

His third mistake was letting his assistant coach managing the team in the friendly matches. That did not go so well because it took a lot of time for the team to find pace in the official matches due to the tactical approach of Billy's assistant in the friendly games.

So to cut a long story short let 's have a view of this year preseason.

1. Friendly Matches

The above results, helped Billy to realize three things. Firstly, young Biziotas was not ready yet to be his first goalkeeper. Secondly Pohjanpalo 's serious injury had affected him a lot and it was time to find a new partner for Vadala, since neither Munir (unsteady performance) nor Donis (Billy also extended his loan deal) or Vergos looked up for the challenge. Thirdly he need on more good ball winning midfielder in that one of Zdjelar or Fernadez got injured. So it was time to bring in some new faces.

2. Transfer Deals

Some good deals and some profit for the club, something that was necessary since we manage to pass Fifa Financial Fair Play in the last minute !

It was time for the official games to begin. Billy was waiting for the Champions League Qualification draw and he was hoping for a good opponent

View attachment 193907

View attachment 193902

View attachment 193901 A good result and a great debut for Gustavo Bou !

View attachment 193900 Billy knew that the Swedish team could not stand in his way, and he could not hide his delight for the promising start of his new recruit , Gustavo Bou !

Our next opponent though won't be so easy ...

View attachment 193896

Nice transfers and win over midjityland, good luck vs Lyon

They look very strong team and made some very good transfer it's going to be very tough but I 'll try my best !

Last edited:
View attachment 193462
View attachment 193458 Munir came in from the bench and changed the game! Until his goal this game was heading for a draw but now we manage to get a very good lead for the rematch in France!

View attachment 193457
Opening game for the league and Billy wanted to be a victorious one.
View attachment 193451A good win and a very nice way to start our attempt for regaining the championship!

View attachment 193445 Coach may I have a word with you ?

View attachment 193444 What is it Tasos ?

View attachment 193445 I agreed to stay in Olympiakos because I thought that you will give more chances to play this year, but so far you are not using me so much. I would like to return to Juventus.

View attachment 193444Look Tasos I don't want to keep anyone against his will. If you don't have the patience to wait it is fine by me. I really hope that Juventus will give a chance to shine.

View attachment 193442

View attachment 193462
The second game against Lyon. Thrylos had a comfortable lead but Billy was very anxious since his two best defensive midfielders Fernandez (punished due to cards) and Zdjelar (injured) were out and his back up player Raul Cunha got injured as well one day before the team departed for France. All the players had to be extra careful since the Frenchmen had invested a lot of money this year and surely did not want to be kicked out so soon.
View attachment 193446Bye bye champions league...

View attachment 193438

Mr. president I take full responsibility for this bad result. I now that we were expected to qualify especially after that big win in Karaiskakis but today we were just awful. If you want I can prepare my resignation and you will find it in your office the minute we return to Athens.

View attachment 193437 Billy I agree that it was a bad result it the club will loose a serious amount of money from that loss. But I have not loosen my faith in you. I want you to stay here and fight for the champion.

View attachment 193436 Your support means a lot to me! I promise to do everything I can to end this season as champions !

Good start in the league and unlucky with Lyon, judging from the goal scorers they have a great squad especially if you are scraping the barrel with DM's

Good start in the league and unlucky with Lyon, judging from the goal scorers they have a great squad especially if you are scraping the barrel with DM's

It seems that my tactic is very weak when I am against a 3-5-2 tactic or quality attacking full backs. Liverpool punished my with Clyne and now Rafael made Lacazette work very very easy.All my DM's were out and playing Romagna as an anchor man did not work at all. Anyway the quest for the Greek league continues. That will be my top priority now.

After the failure of reaching to the group stage of this year champions league, Billy had set his eyes in taking the Greek championship. That did not mean though that he would not try to reach as far as he could in the Europa League. Last year performance, where the team reached one step before playing in the final was a great inspiration.

View attachment 193358
View attachment 193357 It was a very tight game even though P. Fereira is considered to be the weakest team of the group. The bottom-line is that we got the win and that is what matters most.

View attachment 193356
Reaching the final of the Greek Cup was our minimum expectation so every game counts.
View attachment 193353Platanias proved very hard to over take today but at least we got away with the draw.

Back to the league and to our first derby. Paok was looking very solid while we looked very tired. These games mean a lot to our fans though so we had to play our best despite the heavy legs.

View attachment 193351
View attachment 193349Tiredness was more difficult to beat than PAOK. The players did not have the physical to get the win today.

View attachment 193358
Second game for the Europa League and it was a trip to the unknown since Billy had not been able to collect much information about the opponent team. Having seen the game they had against Milan though he felt confident.
View attachment 193340Two games two wins! A great start!

As we mentioned before, Billy had become more wise by his mistakes. So after many fruitless attempts to renew Tielemans contract he started to look for a team to sell him. The Belgian was one the best of players in Olympiakos but no one is irreplaceable.

View attachment 193336

And his replacement will be ...View attachment 193335

Second derby of the season and this time the team was fit and ready.
View attachment 193333

Superleague again and home game against Panachaiki. This game was one of those were our fans expect a big win.
View attachment 193333
View attachment 193327Billy and his players did not the fans down and offered them a good show tonight.

View attachment 193326

The league table showed that he had made a good start so far.

The upcoming game was largely expected from our fans. It is always nice to see your team facing one of Europe's most famous club. Milan has not been so successful in the last years but they always remain a top team.

View attachment 193325
View attachment 193324
Milan is a big club but Olympiakos with Billy as his captain, has proved that is capable of winning any team in Karaiskakis !

Olympiakos was going to Panathinaikos' home for the Greek clasico of the season. Last season Billy had suffered defeats in every encounter with its rival. Everybody were curious to see if he would be able to get a win which offer a big morale boost apart from the three points.

View attachment 192646
View attachment 192645Nope once again Billy left with his head down. It was official now. They had become our boogye team!

But it was not the time to loose faith we had to keep on going. We had a long way till the end of this season.
View attachment 192646
View attachment 192644 ​We responded very well after the defeat against our arch rivals !

View attachment 192643
View attachment 192642The team showed great character and we managed to win despite the fact that were down to ten players early in the second half.

Time for Europa league and the big game with Milan. The Italians were hungry for revenge after their defeat in Piraeus.
View attachment 192640
View attachment 192638"We managed to win Milan two times, we won Man Utd last year and we got a great result in Anfield against Liverpool. Nevertheless we still loose from Panathinaikos" , whispered Billy to his assistant after the end of the match and this great win.

View attachment 192646
View attachment 192634The team looks in great shape no doubts about it. Last year we were struggling in almost every game in the Greek League. Now, apart from the game against Panathinaikos, we are dominating in and out Karaiskakis! Billy was still very optimistic about this season.

Next stop Portugal and the game against Pacos Ferreira. Olympiakos had already succeed to qualify from its Group and with a win here Billy could secure the first place for his team. However our hero had decided to rotate his team a lot. He even gave the opportunity to his third goalkeeper young Pagonis for his first official appearance !

View attachment 192640
View attachment 192630Our young players proved their worth today. Young Vergos scored two goal and created the third for Bou, while Pagonis saved a penalty when the scoreline was at 0-0 !

So with one game remain our group table was like this

View attachment 192627
View attachment 192626Another good win in Greece! We have one game less from Panathinaikos and if we win our next match we will reach the top of the table. Munir and Vadala have been outstanding so far ! The young Spanish is playing so well that Billy keeps leaving his big transfer Gustavo Bou in the bench!

Having an incredible season so far, keep up the form except against Panathinaikos change that form

Panathinaikos must have a pretty good squad then, are they doing well in Europe? It can only be a good thing for Greece

Having an incredible season so far, keep up the form except against Panathinaikos change that form

In this game we had two shots in the post before they manage to score their first goal. While I was trying for the equalizer Niang with an amazing header scored their second and the game was finished. We are far more better than them but I just cannot stop Niang.

Panathinaikos must have a pretty good squad then, are they doing well in Europe? It can only be a good thing for Greece

Maybe I will post some screenshots from them. Their key player is Niang which by the way is one of favorite players in real life as well. He is fast, he can dribble, he is strong and if he had better finish he could offer a lot to Milan. In Europe Panathinaikos is not doing so well. They 've reached the first knock out phase of the Europa League last year (finishing third in their group in the Champions League) and this year they also finding it tough as well. Unfortunately this save reflects real life since from all the Greek teams that play in Europe only Olympiakos manages to gather some points.

OFF TOPIC
Billy 's biggest opponent

I gave it some thought and I 've decided to give a rough image of Billy 's biggest opponent in Greece, Panathinaikos. Up till now they are one point ahead while we are in second place (with a game less). Maybe this post will provide some help to our hero in order to make a better plan next time and win Olympiakos' eternal enemy!

Club Overview

Panathinaikos games so far

Our opponent 's tactic

Last but not least, some of the team 's best players

And our worst nightmare ...

I will be waiting for your comments/ advises on how to smash them ha ha !!

Last edited:
​The team was on a great winning strike but there was no place for slackness. He have managed to stay so close to Panathinaikos and there was no reason for the team to mess this up!

View attachment 191680
View attachment 191679 Playing Munir as a false nine and Vadala as a complete striker, both with support duties has done wonders so far this season! Hope both of them continue like this!

View attachment 191668
View attachment 191667Last game of the group stage for the Greek cup. Vergos seems to be in a great form. Perhaps it is time to take some time in the Superleague as well.

The next day, the draw for the Greek cup brought a very interesting opponent...
View attachment 191678 Let's see if we 'll make it this time !!

View attachment 191677
That is a huge loss ! Thankfully Leali won't be away for a large period but he will be unavailable for the cup games. It is time for young Biziotas to prove his worth!

View attachment 191680
View attachment 191675We are still one point behind Panathinaikos who remains first but with one game short. Too bad for us Panathinaikos continue to win every game as well.

View attachment 191674
View attachment 191672 ​We continue to shine despite the necessary rotation!

Final look of our Europa League Group. Unbeaten and with a very good goal average !
View attachment 191671

View attachment 191670
A very tough opponent especially in Spain. Billy will have to work his magic again !

Last edited:
Back