Hello to you all ! Did you missed me ? Hope you did ! So I am back form Paris where I had a lovely time. It is wonderful city and I recommend it 100% ! My next goal it to visit London so time in the 2016! But enough for my vacations let 's get back to our story !

The first game for the new year (2017) was for the Greek cup. Our opponent (a team from the second division) played surprisingly good in the first round and showed to Billy that those lads were not to take lightly...

View attachment 205426

As you can understand from the scoreline our players minds were still at Christmas holidays ... Anyway the cup draw brought a tougher opponent. Billy and Olympiakos had to be in their best so a to overcome the obstacle of...

Back in the Superleague Olympiakos was still in the hunt of Panathinaikos. Billy had warned his players that they had to consider every match as a final because Panathinaikos was not going to let them pass in the first place without throwing a heavy fight.

View attachment 205417

So three wins in a row ! Still in second place though but if we continue like this we will manage to reach the first place eventually. I am sure about it !

That 's all for today time to get some rest for me trip. I wish you all a very good night !
:)

Our next destination was Peristeri ( a neighborhood of Athens) to face the Local Atromitos for the cup. Not an easy game but for Billy there was only one result, win!
View attachment 204523

"As I had told my players before the game we would had to give everything in order to win. I am glad they did exactly this!" said Billy to the press.

View attachment 204521

Two draws in a row ... Luckily for us Panathinaikos did the same and so we are still one point behind.

View attachment 204523

We had the second game against Atromitos for the cup. Our goal is the double this year so the team had to stay focused.

So we managed to qualify in style ! Our next opponent was going to be very very interesting ...

Our biggest rivals ! A great chance to knock them out and it will be a walk in the park for getting the Greek Cup !!!

During all the above we had two departures from Piraeus. Billy was planning his roster for the upcoming year and some of the existing players were not at his plans. Firstly Dimitris Siovas , a technical based defender but not fast for Karapialis tactic and so ...

Next in line was Pardo. The Colombian right winger was unlucky at the beginning of the season since he suffered a serious injury. And he was even more unlucky because Gianniotas our third right winger showed great deal of potential. So in the scale expensive foreigner and cheap (but good) homegrown player the outcome was one ...

Stay tuned more (and more exciting to come within the day !!!

Nice work mate - looking good! Hope you smash Panathinaikos in the cup!

The time for the big derby had come ! Olympiakos was going to face Panathinaikos in his home in"Apostolos Nikolaidis" ! A win could bring him after many months in the top of the league ! The lure was so big that Billy did not even consider to make any rotation in order to keep his team fresh for the upcoming match. After the Greek Classico , Olympiakos was hosting PSG for the 1st knock out phase of the Champions League. No match was more important that the one against PAO (surname of Panathinaikos) though !
Many fans went to the team 's last training in order to boost the players with confidence ...

View attachment 204490

And were also there before the bus of the team with the players begun its way for "Apostolos Nikolaidis".
View attachment 204485

View attachment 204484 Show me what you are made off guys !! You are the better team !! It is time to show them who is the boss around here ! Go out there and demolish them !!

View attachment 204480View attachment 204479

View attachment 204477I surely did not expect that !!! I always knew that you could do it but this scoreline is ... AMAZING !! Well done to all of you !!

And when the team returned to the training ground in order for the players to leave to their homes they saw this ...

View attachment 204475

After this huge win Billy and his players were having one more mountain to climb. The famous PSG was coming to Karaiskakis in order to achieve a result that will allow them to qualify to the next knock out round of the Champions League. But who said that Olympiakos could be an easy opponent ?
View attachment 204473

View attachment 204471Judging from the size of the opponent I can't have any complaint from me team. The game in Paris won't be easy but we are going to fight until our last breath in order to qualify. Once again many thanks to our fans ! Not a single word can express our gratitude to them !!! said Kostas Fortounis one of the team 's best players today

Nice work mate - looking good! Hope you smash Panathinaikos in the cup!

Thanks man ! A win against them is compared only to the joy you get when your team wins the champions league!!

The team was looking in good shape now. Finally every player seemed to have found his role in Billy 's system and after the big win against Panathinaikos we were now at the top of League. But our hero would allow any sign of arrogance in his players.
View attachment 203810 "listen up guys we are not over yet! This is the tricky part. We have to stay focus and maintain our good form. If we keep on playing like this all we come easy"

View attachment 203798

"That 's it lads you did exactly what it was necessary ! You we perfect and I am very happy from the fact you have treated this match seriously!"

Our next match was in the Olympic Stadium of Athens against AEK , our second big rival after Panathinaikos. Olympiakos and AEK had always had bad relationships. Things became even more worse when in 2008 ιν a game between those two that end up with AEK winning by four goals , Rivaldo (who had recently joined AEK after Olympiakos refuced to renew his contract) showed four fingers in Olympiakos' fans. That made them furious and from that time this game is very very special !
View attachment 203793

View attachment 203792View attachment 203791

"Consider this as a revenge Ribo !", wrote Billy in a text message and sent it to the Brazilian. Two days before Rivaldo had send to him "I can wait to post a foto in Facebook with me showing once again my four fingers".

And since Panathinaikos had not managed to win PAOK in Thessaloniki ...
View attachment 203789

Nice derby wins and a good result vs PSG keep up the good form

Nice to see a greek around
You had a tought start but you made a strong comeback
Would love if after this story you'd start another one with a second or third division historic team such as Panachaiki,Larisa,Kalamata etc

Nice to see a greek around
You had a tought start but you made a strong comeback
Would love if after this story you'd start another one with a second or third division historic team such as Panachaiki,Larisa,Kalamata etc

Judging from your nickname you must be from Evia right ? Thank you a lot for watching the story ! I like your idea and maybe I 'll give a try ! I am from Kalamata and I played a long term save with "black storm" (for Greeks is Mavri Thyella) in FM 2009 and I managed to reach the final of Champions League after 15 years where I lost from Chelsea. I had created a wonderful team which was dominating in Greece!

It was time for the first game against Panathinaikos for the cup ! Billy wanted his team to repeat the triumph of the League game against Trifilli (the nickname of Panathinaikos) and to create even more enthusiasm among Olympiakos' fans!

View attachment 203700 View attachment 203699

View attachment 203698

We were so close to another win but Kapino (our second keeper that Billy uses in the cup games), had another opinion. For a strange reason he decided to hit a free kick outside of his area. He managed to serve the ball to a wide open opponent and Antony Mounier scored perhaps the easiest goal of his life! Billy was furious with his player but decided not to make a big deal about it since he did not want to destroy his moral. Silently though he decided that this match was the last one for Kapino this year! Nevertheless the away goal made "Thrylos" the big favorite for the second game.

After the game with Panathinaikos, the team had to travel to Paris in order to claim the ticket for the next knock out phase of the Champions League. PSG was the favorite of course since they have to score two goals in Piraeus but Billy was determined not go down without a strong fight. Nobody expected form Olympiakos to qualify but when you want to be taken for a big club in Europe these are the games where you must prove your worth.
In order for the players to feel more relaxed, he decided to let them take a tour to Paris the morning of the match day .

View attachment 203690 View attachment 203689

"This games turn you from boys to men! Get out there and prove them what Olympiakos means !!" was Billy 's last words before he and the team entered Parc des Princes for the big match !!

View attachment 203687

View attachment 203686

View attachment 203685 "Maybe we should have stayed home in Greece. It was a bad day for all of the team and me of course. PSG looked like a giant today and we were like flies for them. I want to congratulate my players for reaching the 16 best teams of this year champions league, but surely there a lot of things that need improvement in order to appear even more competitive next year, Champions League is the best party in the whole world and we want to stay as much as we can. Lastly me and the players want to apologize to our fans who traveled a lot of miles to come here and support us despite the economic crisis in Greece. They deserve a great applause and we hope to please them in the end of the season by winning the Greek League"

Man PSG sure love that 7-2 scoreline don't they? You and SaintMotBot both feeling the heat! Still great work to get to the last 16 though!

Man PSG sure love that 7-2 scoreline don't they? You and SaintMotBot both feeling the heat! Still great work to get to the last 16 though!

They kicked mu **** allright ! They managed to score two goals at the beginning and then it was an uphill. Reaching the first knock out round is a success if your consider that last year we end up 4th in the group stage so yeah I am not complained. Maybe if Okore was not injured and Kyriakos Papadopoulos was legit to play things could have been deferent because offensively were very good but in defense my players were just taking pictures of Kavani scoring again and again !

Last edited:
Nice derby wins and a good result vs PSG keep up the good form

Thanks man ! Unfortunately things with PSG did not worked out so well ha ha ! At least I am looking goog for the League since the remaining games are considered to be easy and I remain ahead of Panathinaikos.

Judging from your nickname you must be from Evia right ? Thank you a lot for watching the story ! I like your idea and maybe I 'll give a try ! I am from Kalamata and I played a long term save with "black storm" (for Greeks is Mavri Thyella) in FM 2009 and I managed to reach the final of Champions League after 15 years where I lost from Chelsea. I had created a wonderful team which was dominating in Greece!
Nah I am from Kalamata too! A village there actually
Just my team Iraklis Psachnon is in Psachna so my nickname is that :D
That must have been quite a difficult achievement!

Nah I am from Kalamata too! A village there actually
Just my team Iraklis Psachnon is in Psachna so my nickname is that :D
That must have been quite a difficult achievement!

From Kalamata ?? No kidding ! My village called Hora and it is near Pilos! As for the save yeah I feel very proud for that achievement. I had set up a very charming 4-3-3 tactic that helped me a lot !

From Kalamata ?? No kidding ! My village called Hora and it is near Pilos! As for the save yeah I feel very proud for that achievement. I had set up a very charming 4-3-3 tactic that helped me a lot !
We are not that far away I am from Dorio XD

Only six games left till the end of this year Superleague and Olympiakos is three points ahead. Things are looking good for Billy but it is essential to keep his players focused or all the efforts from the team this year will be for nothing. Every mistake could be fatal ! Will he manage to wear the medal of champion in his chest ?
Olympiakos' first of its six remaining obstacles is against Pas Giannina

View attachment 202932

Great win !! One down five to go !

Next game in Karaiskakis with Apollon Smirnis.
View attachment 202934

I expected an easier afternoon for the team but the result is all that counts in this stage and the result says that we are four games before the championship trophie !

Next stop at home again versus Iraklis Thessalonikis .
View attachment 202925

"Iraklis played like the legendary hero today! They found the courage to come back from a three goals disadvantage and they almost got the tie at the end! I have to congratulate them and to admit that they have every reason to feel unlucky for not taking the one point" said Billy after the match when he was called from Olympiakos president to receive his award for ... View attachment 202918
since the next game won't be at Karaiskakis.

Thrylos traveled to the island of Mitilini to face Kalloni the local team which was at their best this year. Situated in the seventh place surely would not want to be just an extra in this game.
View attachment 202915

A very bad result but thankfully Panathinaikos lost his game so we are up with four just two games before the end!

View attachment 202913View attachment 202912

The fans demanded a win since this year getting the double was an unquestionable request !

Yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are in the final and we did it with style !!!

View attachment 202909

So this is it ! A win in today against the Panachaiki and we are the champions my friend !

View attachment 202898 You deserve to be the champions and I believe in you! Win this match and you will receive a great gift ! Everyone knew that the president 's gifts always come along with lots of zeros behind the number 1 !!!

View attachment 202894

View attachment 202881 View attachment 202879

View attachment 202878

Billy was to emotional to speak after the game ! " It is a dream come true for me. I never stop believing in these guys and this a moment that I will never forget! My first champion as a manager !!!!