Birmingham v Chelsea

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 140
  • Views Views 6K
Foster was absolutely immense. Birmingham are turning into a rehabilitation centre for goalkeepers whos careers are stuttering.
liked foster, but he came to united too early, but birmingham have helped turn him around, very happy for him personally and from an england perspective

liked foster, but he came to united too early, but birmingham have helped turn him around, very happy for him personally and from an england perspective

Yeah, having competition for the England No.1 spot is not a bad thing at all. He seems a nice enough guy as well, so yeah good to see him playing well.

GodCubed a Villa fan being nice to Blues nice to see.
Although i will h8 you on the 1st i think Albrighton is class and Perez is a good signing.

I did watch MOTD, infact, I am watching it now.

I just felt, personally, that Chelsea, at points, looked a bit uneasy, and just found it difficult to play after conceding.

I did watch MOTD, infact, I am watching it now.

Yer but they don't show it all. All you need to do is look at the stats Chelsea battered us, but our defence was class.
I wouldn't be surpised if Roger and Scotty get called up for England

I can't see either of the Birmingham centrehalves getting called up. There are so many ahead of them in Capello's plans.

Right, ok, I was away yesterday, watching rugby etc. etc., and I watched match of the day, and this is ny honest opinion.

I thought again the team selection was very bad, Ferreira shouldn't have started, and Bosingwa should've played instead of him. Foster had an extroadinary game for Birmingham today, and gave his side the 3 points today, the save especially from Drogba's header was a particular delight to watch. I was incredibly frustrated watching MoTD last night, the amount of chances we had was biblical, and we should've put at least 4 of them home, suppose it's one of those games, every team has it. The run of form we are now in is pretty poor, 3 losses in 4 is not champions form, and it's necessary that we win both of the games next week, both Zilinia and Newcastle (I think.)

Personally, I don't think crisis is the right word to use, run of bad form is the correct one, it's not a crisis until we lose to Zilinia on Tuesday, and then, well, it will be :P

However, Chelsea were very unlucky, but I have no idea how Roger Johnson was not penalised for the foul in the penalty area, from the replays, it looked incredibly clear that it had to be a penalty. However, I didn't watch the pundits afterwards, so I don't know what they had to say on the matter. But, on the whole, Chelsea should've could've would've won the game if we took our chances, and that's what in the modern world of football has to happen. Take your chances Chelsea!

Last edited:
Right, ok, I was away yesterday, watching rugby etc. etc., and I watched match of the day, and this is ny honest opinion.

I thought again the team selection was very bad, Ferreira shouldn't have started, and Bosingwa should've played instead of him. Foster had an extroadinary game for Birmingham today, and gave his side the 3 points today, the save especially from Drogba's header was a particular delight to watch. I was incredibly frustrated watching MoTD last night, the amount of chances we had was biblical, and we should've put at least 4 of them home, suppose it's one of those games, every team has it. The run of form we are now in is pretty poor, 3 losses in 4 is not champions form, and it's necessary that we win both of the games next week, both Zilinia and Newcastle (I think.)

Personally, I don't think crisis is the right word to use, run of bad form is the correct one, it's not a crisis until we lose to Zilinia on Tuesday, and then, well, it will be :P

However, Chelsea were very unlucky, but I have no idea how Roger Johnson was not penalised for the foul in the penalty area, from the replays, it looked incredibly clear that it had to be a penalty. However, I didn't watch the pundits afterwards, so I don't know what they had to say on the matter. But, on the whole, Chelsea should've could've would've won the game if we took our chances, and that's what in the modern world of football has to happen. Take your chances Chelsea!

Bosingwa played 90 minutes on Wednesday against Spain, whereas Ferreira didn't feature. Might of had something to do with Carlo's decision to start with Ferreira.

On the penalty incident, it certainly was not a penalty. He got a foot on the ball first and managed to re-direct it away from the goal towards Foster. It was a remarkable tackle, and IMO the referee made the correct decision, and as you said you didn't watch this bit - the pundits agreed with the referee too.

Bosingwa played 90 minutes on Wednesday against Spain, whereas Ferreira didn't feature. Might of had something to do with Carlo's decision to start with Ferreira.

On the penalty incident, it certainly was not a penalty. He got a foot on the ball first and managed to re-direct it away from the goal towards Foster. It was a remarkable tackle, and IMO the referee made the correct decision, and as you said you didn't watch this bit - the pundits agreed with the referee too.

When I looked at it first time, I instinctively though penalty, but if the pundits say it wasn't, then, it's not

I think Chelsea were unlucky not to win. 9 times out of 10 they would have won the game against Birmingham with that performance. Goalkeeping heroics from Foster saved Birmingham the win really.

This has to be the luckiest result I have seen in a very very very long time. Brum were absolutely dominated from start to finish, if they didn't have Foster it could have been atleast 7-1.

Chelsea:

Shots - 25+
Corners - 15+

Brum:

Shots - 1
Corners - 2

This was like one of those games on FIFA 11 where you absoloutely murder someone then they have one shot and score it.

Frustrating stuff.

Simple mate. Quality teams take their chances.
Blues - 1 chance, 1 goal

Johnson definitely got a touch on the ball first, directing it into the path of the goalkeeper.

Was a superb tackle. Anything less than perfect and that is a stonewaller.

Draw, keeper was the difference again Joe Hart has an absolute blinder.

This shows how often you go to football matches!
The biggest load of bullshit iv ever heard, last season second to Man City you were the luckiest team to walk away with a point last year at St Andrews, don't think you can't just guess at what happened because of what MOTD shows you. We were robbed by a referee and linesman favoring a bigger team... yes i was shocked too oO)

referring to yesterdays game...

it was one of those games that you watch loads of other teams successfully master class which leaves you thinking why cant our Blues do that, just battle and fight despite referees blowing up every 10 seconds for diving pansies who "need protection".
Well we have finally done it! We are a team that does ok against better teams tbf, but we rarely beat top teams, so for us today it was a day to remember.

I used to be one for statistics with shots, possessions territory etc but i realized after a while that only one statistic that matters, and i only use the statistic card as an excuse for not getting the result that i wanted to try and defend my teams performance.
So today it was 1-0 end of conversation.

I have never seen a group of players as these lads we have atm that will literally give their ****** guts and kitchen sink to get a result. As Blues fans we don't ask for silky skills or fast paced wingers and flair like Lionel Messi. All we ask is whoever gets to put a shirt on with our badge imprinted onto it, gives everything they have to the cause, and thats exactly what they did today.

The one and only thing that i was sorely disappointed with yesterday was the amount of Blues fans leaving at 85 minutes as they always do to beat the traffic etc, what more do people want out of a team than to beat the "mighty" chelsea? Did our lads not deserve the fans showing their appreciation of a fantastic result? Sorely disappointing in my opinion.

Last edited:
This shows how often you go to football matches!
The biggest load of bullshit iv ever heard, last season second to Man City you were the luckiest team to walk away with a point last year at St Andrews, don't think you can't just guess at what happened because of what MOTD shows you. We were robbed by a referee and linesman favoring a bigger team... yes i was shocked too oO)

referring to yesterdays game...

it was one of those games that you watch loads of other teams successfully master class which leaves you thinking why cant our Blues do that, just battle and fight despite referees blowing up every 10 seconds for diving pansies who "need protection".
Well we have finally done it! We are a team that does ok against better teams tbf, but we rarely beat top teams, so for us today it was a day to remember.

I used to be one for statistics with shots, possessions territory etc but i realized after a while that only one statistic that matters, and i only use the statistic card as an excuse for not getting the result that i wanted to try and defend my teams performance.
So today it was 1-0 end of conversation.

I have never seen a group of players as these lads we have atm that will literally give their ****** guts and kitchen sink to get a result. As Blues fans we don't ask for silky skills or fast paced wingers and flair like Lionel Messi. All we ask is whoever gets to put a shirt on with our badge imprinted onto it, gives everything they have to the cause, and thats exactly what they did today.

The one and only thing that i was sorely disappointed with yesterday was the amount of Blues fans leaving at 85 minutes as they always do to beat the traffic etc, what more do people want out of a team than to beat the "mighty" chelsea? Did our lads not deserve the fans showing their appreciation of a fantastic result? Sorely disappointing in my opinion.

Honestly just give over, you again had one chance last season and yes it was wrongfully dissalowed but get over it. We dominated both games against you but we didn't win, if i have brushed it aside then surely you should as you got the better results in both games.

---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

When I looked at it first time, I instinctively though penalty, but if the pundits say it wasn't, then, it's not

Same here, when i first saw it i thought pen but when i saw the replay it was a senational tackle. "Johnson is a Chelsea fan"!!

Honestly just give over, you again had one chance last season and yes it was wrongfully dissalowed but get over it. We dominated both games against you but we didn't win, if i have brushed it aside then surely you should as you got the better results in both games.
---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------
Same here, when i first saw it i thought pen but when i saw the replay it was a senational tackle. "Johnson is a Chelsea fan"!!

Last seasons game was nothing like this seasons, the game was a **** of a lot more even.
But as per usual for teams like ours a refereeing decision denied us a great result.

I love it when smaller teams beat the "big" teams, so much bitterness everywhere XD
What a shame... you lost a game! JOIN THE F***ING CLUB!

Although you clearly replied without reading my entire post... statistics including summing up, "we dominated both games" is a way of covering up or making yourself feel better of not getting a result that you wanted.
The amount of games that we have done exactly that, and not got a result out of in the past is endless, so i have no sympathy at all.

Im glad people are noticing how good some of our players are, in games like that people actually start to notice as we were playing one of the "bigger" teams so get more than 20 seconds on MOTD!
If Bothroyd can get a friendly appearance so can super roger johnson!

Last seasons game was nothing like this seasons, the game was a **** of a lot more even.
But as per usual for teams like ours a refereeing decision denied us a great result.

I love it when smaller teams beat the "big" teams, so much bitterness everywhere XD
What a shame... you lost a game! JOIN THE F***ING CLUB!

Although you clearly replied without reading my entire post... statistics including summing up, "we dominated both games" is a way of covering up or making yourself feel better of not getting a result that you wanted.
The amount of games that we have done exactly that, and not got a result out of in the past is endless, so i have no sympathy at all.

Im glad people are noticing how good some of our players are, in games like that people actually start to notice as we were playing one of the "bigger" teams so get more than 20 seconds on MOTD!
If Bothroyd can get a friendly appearance so can super roger johnson!

Honestly your dellutional. Just because we dominated BOTH games not once did i say we deseverd the win.

Your just a typical fan who thinks you get all the bad calls.

Honestly your dellutional. Just because we dominated BOTH games not once did i say we deseverd the win.

Your just a typical fan who thinks you get all the bad calls.

Typical fan that goes to 30 games a season? Do you?

If you wasn't a big team you would see how ridiculous some decisions are for the "average" clubs in the Prem.

Typical fan that goes to 30 games a season? Do you?

If you wasn't a big team you would see how ridiculous some decisions are for the "average" clubs in the Prem.

Just because i don't go to many games makes me less a fan as you does it??? I have supported Chelsea since 1995 and struggle because i live in Portsmouth and struggle to gain full time employment to pay for the matches.

Just because i don't go to many games makes me less a fan as you does it??? I have supported Chelsea since 1995 and struggle because i live in Portsmouth and struggle to gain full time employment to pay for the matches.

Because of your unfortunate situation, no it doesn't.
I apologise for my rather short temper towards this in all fairness, i know too many highly opinionated fans, a few of them being Chelsea fans, who give these massive opinions on "their club" and have never passed through a turnstile.
I don't take these peoples views seriously, why should i?

My opinion like MANY other fans of "average" teams out there share the view that referees are biased towards clubs like yourselves, with much to back it up with.
Im sure when you face fellow big clubs you are on the end of these so called "questionable" decisions.

Because of your unfortunate situation, no it doesn't.
I apologise for my rather short temper towards this in all fairness, i know too many highly opinionated fans, a few of them being Chelsea fans, who give these massive opinions on "their club" and have never passed through a turnstile.
I don't take these peoples views seriously, why should i?

My opinion like MANY other fans of "average" teams out there share the view that referees are biased towards clubs like yourselves, with much to back it up with.
Im sure when you face fellow big clubs you are on the end of these so called "questionable" decisions.

I agree than at a stage than the so called smaller clubs get worse treatment but i watched both games against you at your pad and we had so many chances BUT im not saying we deserved to win them games because we should have taken our chances. Im just saying the keepers in both games were sensational.

Back