Birmingham v Chelsea

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 140
  • Views Views 6K
That's a point. How was Alex today? Considering he needs surgery but they're putting it off due to their injury problems, how did he cope?

I was am a Benitez fan. he was vital for our unbeaten run. I remember against Everton.

Zigic was good today i don't understand some of the abuse towards him.

That's a point. How was Alex today? Considering he needs surgery but they're putting it off due to their injury problems, how did he cope?

Alex was ok mate, didn't struggle at all and had a few decent chances to score himself. The only bad point was that he got outjumped by Jerome for the goal but like i said our defence was solid today especially Mikel he was outstanding.

Alex was ok mate, didn't struggle at all and had a few decent chances to score himself. The only bad point was that he got outjumped by Jerome for the goal but like i said our defence was solid today especially Mikel he was outstanding.

All Mikel did was jump on the floor

I don't understand all the Zigic hate, he was excellent, the flicks and hold up play he contributes are at times top drawer.

Aswell as that, Alex did struggle, he **** himself when coming
into battles with CJ, side by side or in the air Cameron beat him every time. So yeah, he really did struggle.

All Mikel did was jump on the floor

I don't understand all the Zigic hate, he was excellent, the flicks and hold up play he contributes are at times top drawer.

Aswell as that, Alex did struggle, he **** himself when coming
into battles with CJ, side by side or in the air Cameron beat him every time. So yeah, he really did struggle.

Look you got the credit for winning but you are going so far over the top its unreal. How can a player who played in a defence that only conceded 1 shot on goal all day struggle?? Jerome beat him down the flanks a few times but that was always going to happen as Alex isen't the quickest.

And Mikel only went down after he rode 3 or 4 challenges using his strength and having watching the game at home i got to see the replays and not once did he just throw himself down.

Who won all the headers it was Zigic or Jerome not once did i see a Chelsea defence win the ball in the air.
I never saw Alex in the game and your 2 defenders where miles apart for the goal.

Also Blues do have a screen that show replays

Edit Mikel was Class

Look you got the credit for winning but you are going so far over the top its unreal. How can a player who played in a defence that only conceded 1 shot on goal all day struggle?? Jerome beat him down the flanks a few times but that was always going to happen as Alex isen't the quickest.

Well he can if the midfield isn't allowing opposition strikers to get anywhere near the ball after the goal. If the ball isn't anywhere near him for most of the match, and the one shot on goal he personally conceded decided the game I'd say he'd had a bad game.

Well he can if the midfield isn't allowing opposition strikers to get anywhere near the ball after the goal. If the ball isn't anywhere near him for most of the match, and the one shot on goal he personally conceded decided the game I'd say he'd had a bad game.

dont be silly this was chelsea best performance for over 2 months, they played amazing, out of this world, this is reflected by the 0-1 scoreline, oh wait.....

Who won all the headers it was Zigic or Jerome not once did i see a Chelsea defence win the ball in the air.
I never saw Alex in the game and your 2 defenders where miles apart for the goal.

Also Blues do have a screen that show replays

Edit Mikel was Class

Zigic didn't have many balls to win in the air most of the time you just punted in down the flanks and let Jerome chase it.

---------- Post added at 03:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 AM ----------

dont be silly this was chelsea best performance for over 2 months, they played amazing, out of this world, this is reflected by the 0-1 scoreline, oh wait.....

Got it in one.

---------- Post added at 03:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 AM ----------

He wasen't involved enough in the game to say he played poorly.

I think you were watching a different game to me. Blues play hoof ball.

All the balls went in the air, did you not watch Foster's kicks

He wasen't involved enough in the game to say he played poorly.

We can only judge him on the bits we did see, and all I saw was him losing the decisive header of the entire game.

Just seen the goal, shouldnt mikel of tracked back on the midfield runner?

Just seen the goal, shouldnt mikel of tracked back on the midfield runner?

Looked like it. It would most likely have been the DM's job, so I'd expect Mikel to do it yeah. Shoddy positioning.

Must be a defensive crisis. :D

Looked like it. It would most likely have been the DM's job, so I'd expect Mikel to do it yeah. Shoddy positioning.

Must be a defensive crisis. :D

Looks like Chelsea are in a crisis at the minute.

I am surprised at Ancelotti's reluctance to accept that a part of the problem in Chelsea's drop in form is due to the departure of Ray Wilkins as his right-hand man.

Chelsea's performance today vs. Birmingham looks quite shaky and, I am not pinning this down to Wilkins' absence, but it is definitely part of it.

I am surprised at Ancelotti's reluctance to accept that a part of the problem in Chelsea's drop in form is due to the departure of Ray Wilkins as his right-hand man.

Chelsea's performance today vs. Birmingham looks quite shaky and, I am not pinning this down to Wilkins' absence, but it is definitely part of it.

read the tread Chelsea weren't shaky today they played well just that the Blues defence couldn't be beat.

If you watch MOTD you saw Foster's saves

You are?
He's hardly going to play it up as a major deal and **** abramovich off. :P
Even then managers normally play these things down. Don't want to fuel the speculation.

Foster was absolutely immense. Birmingham are turning into a rehabilitation centre for goalkeepers whos careers are stuttering.

Back