Birmingham v Liverpool

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 85
  • Views Views 3K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Preview followed by live coverage of Sunday's game between Birmingham and Liverpool in the Premier League.

More...

two average teams = boring game

;)

nah i joke, if the game is anything like the game between these two last season at Anfield I shall be happy. going for 2-2 :)

Easy Liverpool win hopefully ;) we wont concede twice in stoppage time haha 3-1 Lfc win..

Hopefully Brum can score a surprise win and dampen their confidence ahead of next Saturday.

1-0 Birmingham.

I want another Cameron Jerome spectacular this time.

Difficult game, we should have a pretty much fully fit squad. Merieles will be hopefully making his debut, see it being a dull 0-0 draw.

Should win this with Torres and Gerrard starting to get back to top form. Birmingham are a decent team but if we play well today I predict a 2-1 win.

Liverpool team:
Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Konchesky, Maxi, Poulsen, Lucas, Jovanovic, Gerrard, Torres. Subs: Jones, Agger, Kyrgiakos, Pacheco, Meireles, Ngog, Babel.
Why on earth is Skrtel playing ahead of Agger?! Dosen't look good. Jovanovic ahead of Babel and Pacheco, not sure about that either, Merieles on the bench held out by Lucas and Poulsen...We really shouldn't be playing two DM's in a match vs the Brum.

I'm going for 2-0 simply because I got good odds from the bookies.

Torres x2.

My head is telling me a 1-0 though.

Liverpool Squad:

Substitutes

EDIT: Ride The Walrus beat me to it :P

Anyways, looks like an alright squad, hopefully shall see Meireles making his debut and see what he's made of. Anyone know what formation is likely with that line-up? I'm thinking a deep 4-2-3-1. Poulsen and Lucas as defensive mids, Gerrard attacking mid, Jovanic left, Maxi right and Torres up front.

Last edited:
Liverpool team:
Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Konchesky, Maxi, Poulsen, Lucas, Jovanovic, Gerrard, Torres. Subs: Jones, Agger, Kyrgiakos, Pacheco, Meireles, Ngog, Babel.
Why on earth is Skrtel playing ahead of Agger?! Dosen't look good. Jovanovic ahead of Babel and Pacheco, not sure about that either, Merieles on the bench held out by Lucas and Poulsen...We really shouldn't be playing two DM's in a match vs the Brum.

I also think Agger should be playing today.

However I wouldn't like to see Babel or Pacheco started today, Babel because he is **** and Pacheco because he is largely inexperienced and this would be a difficult game for him. I also agree that Meireles should be playing today but to be fair Lucas is hardly a DM, he's a box to box mid. I'm pleased with the formation we play today, similar to what Rafa used although I'd much rather Agger and Meireles were started.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

By the way I hope Roy resists from starting with a ******* flat 4-4-2.

I also think Agger should be playing today.

However I wouldn't like to see Babel or Pacheco started today, Babel because he is **** and Pacheco because he is largely inexperienced and this would be a difficult game for him. I also agree that Meireles should be playing today but to be fair Lucas is hardly a DM, he's a box to box mid. I'm pleased with the formation we play today, similar to what Rafa used although I'd much rather Agger and Meireles were started.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

By the way I hope Roy resists from starting with a ******* flat 4-4-2.
I just thought, Zigic is playing today, so maybe that's why Skrtel's playing. Skrtel should flatten him quite often. Jovanovic is just legs,legs,legs, and nothing else, as of yet.

hope renia keeps a clean sheet for my fantasy league team

so 2-0 Liverpool

Liverpool Squad:

Substitutes

EDIT: Ride The Walrus beat me to it :P

Anyways, looks like an alright squad, hopefully shall see Meireles making his debut and see what he's made of. Anyone know what formation is likely with that line-up? I'm thinking a deep 4-2-3-1. Poulsen and Lucas as defensive mids, Gerrard attacking mid, Jovanic left, Maxi right and Torres up front.
Would imagine it's a 4-2-3-1, but at most points today, expect it to be 4-5-1, or 4-4-1-1

Back