Birmingham v Liverpool

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 85
  • Views Views 3K
Surely nothing's going to get past Reina today, he's proving he's the best keeper in the league.

L O L Jovanovic's squeal, Carr turns around like Come on, wtf

Worrying times if Liverpool have to go to Birmingham and play with two defensive midfielders and be happy with a draw.

Thank the lord for Pepe Reina.

Brum should have won by a couple. Should have been a penalty for Torres though, so meh.

So many things wrong until the last five minutes or so. Disheartening. Konchesky had a decent debut - was actually one of the better players on the pitch. But god, we're so narrow that we might as well stop pretending we're trying to play with wingers.

Difficult game, we should have a pretty much fully fit squad. Merieles will be hopefully making his debut, see it being a dull 0-0 draw.
I was correct. Unfortunately. Didn't look a threat at all going forwards, Torres was iscolated, we don't need two defensive midfielders playing.

Pretty disappointing result. Reina again proved why he is the best 'keeper in the Premiership.

Probaly should have netted a goal with the possesion we had in the second half.

in all honestly, [and i know Roy's still "making his mark" on the team] but i honestly can't see whats changed from the Benitez of last season - we're still far far too defensive against weaker sides [no disrespect to birmingham, they played very well] and seem against taking any risk...

we were better in the last 15 minutes than we were all game, when Mereiles had come on and gerrard had dropped back - we actually had 2 players in midfield who looked to go forward instead of sideways and backwards. Poulsen still looks incredibly off the pace, and i'd rather Lucas played tbh. I think Andy Gray summed up our midfield of the first 75 minutes perfectly, all graft; no craft. Jovanovic is absolutely awful, he's like. a ****** version of Kuyt imo and he's not what we need tbh...

Also, as much as i idolise Torres blah blah blah, his attitude atm stinks, he should accept that he's a Liverpool player [a club he says he loves] and get his head down and stop being such a whiney little *****...

on a side note, how the **** is barry ferguson MoM? :/

Pepe Reina showed he is the best today. Glen Johnson was one player I watched keenly today and he was ******* woeful. Poulsen was often too slow on the ball, Torres was isolated. Carra and Skrtel were very good at the back, as was Konchesky.

Dissapointed with a 0-0 draw but it isn't something I'd get down about, Birmingham are a decent side.

EDIT: Also not sure why we played so many long balls towards Torres today when Johnson and Dann are clearly far superior in the air, Roy should of knew this and told the lads to play it along the floor much more.

Liverpool need to get a deep-lying creator again, someone in the mould of Ever Banega or the like. Gerrard simply cannot deal with shouldering the entire team's creative duties by himself. With an Alonso-esque player tapping out the rhythm in the middle, then maybe 'Pool could play a 4-2-3-1 more effectively.

Liverpool need to get a deep-lying creator again, someone in the mould of Ever Banega or the like. Gerrard simply cannot deal with shouldering the entire team's creative duties by himself. With an Alonso-esque player tapping out the rhythm in the middle, then maybe 'Pool could play a 4-2-3-1 more effectively.
That's why Merieles was bought. Honestly, I'm content with a top 6 place until we get new owners and good money to spend. But the team don't seem to give a ****. That's what I'm not happy about.

I think Roy bought Meireles to mould him into this sort of player, if he could expand his passing slightly it COULD work.

Back