Birmingham v Liverpool

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 85
  • Views Views 3K
Meh, it's annoying though, to see people coming out with rubbish without any bails reasoning.

Who's underestimating, Ryan Stubbs? Ignore that red tinted fuckwit.

What will it take for the underestimating of us to stop?

We finished in the top half of the league last year, have gone eleven and a half months unbeaten at home (the best standing record at the moment I think) and as Brian said had the third best defensive record in the league yet people still manage to think, 'Birmingham were in the Championship a few yeas back we should spank them 5-0'

In regardence to the comments on it being a waste of two hours. What is your reasoning of it being boring?Just because it was 0-0 doesn't mean it was boring, I would rather watch a 0-0 end-to-end game than Chelsea raping someone without any reply.

You make fair points mate. Your manager has done a cracking job with you lot.

I think the complaint of Liverpool fans is just how poorly we played. Don't think anyone with half a brain would expect us to go to St.Andrews right now and win 7-0. But we shouldn't be going there and not creating a single decent chance for 80+ minutes of the match whilst not being able to deal with fairly basic crosses into the box or continuing to leave such a massive gap between central defence and central midfield for any player with sense to drift into and exploit.

You should have tonked us today. We've got Reina to thank that you didn't. It's that realisation which will probably be unsettling for a lot of Liverpool supporters who saw us pushing for the title only two seasons ago.

You make fair points mate. Your manager has done a cracking job with you lot.

I think the complaint of Liverpool fans is just how poorly we played. Don't think anyone with half a brain would expect us to go to St.Andrews right now and win 7-0. But we shouldn't be going there and not creating a single decent chance for 80+ minutes of the match whilst not being able to deal with fairly basic crosses into the box or continuing to leave such a massive gap between central defence and central midfield for any player with sense to drift into and exploit.

You should have tonked us today. We've got Reina to thank that you didn't. It's that realisation which will probably be unsettling for a lot of Liverpool supporters who saw us pushing for the title only two seasons ago.

Yeah, I was actually quite shocked at how poor Liverpool were today. I was expecting a pretty similar formation from both of us, but whilst your's sat with two defensive midfileders ours pretty much played with two, McFadden with Bowyer and Gardner running forward in support at different times. I thought that one main problem in your system was inevitably Lucas, he spent half of his time on the floor and rightly after a few 'fouls' the ref realised what he was trying and cut it out. Aswell as this, on the ball he had no presence and the few shots he tried were quite poor in all honesty.

I'm here to comment on my team though, so although it was a great performance some simple decision making was off and you can't knock Reina's world class saves but we really should of buried at least one of them. We need to start to bury these chances we're getting, but on the brightside, the best finisher on the squad is back in Super Kev. Hopefully he cam be there to finish these chances off.

All in all though, very happy with the performance :D

Yeah, from that kind of performance, all you seem to be lacking is someone to actually finish moves - although that sort of striker costs more money than Yeung seems to have right now.

Shocking comments from some of your board about your manager this week. Think he's done wonders for you guys at home. If you can start putting chances away more clinically (19 goals at home last season?) without sacrificing your defence then you'll be up for some European matches.

By saying 'two average teams'

no, i ment on todays performance. i also had no intension off insulting others. i know Birmingham is a hard place to go to and have a good record at home and Liverpool are, well Liverpool but todays game wasn't exactly a 0-0 we're remember.

Last edited:
Back