• Views Views 6K

Who will win at St. Andrews Tonight?

• Birmingham City F.C.

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Manchester United

Votes: 10 43.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
in 1955-56 season Chelsea were offered to play in the European cup but because the FA back then thought the competition wasen't worth the hassle they made Chelsea pull out of the competition even though Chelsea really wanted to play in it. If Chelsea did play in the competition and ignore what the FA said then the FA would have punished Chelsea heavily, so in my mind we would have won the European cup that year.

A few years ago Charlton would have been entered into the UEFA cup because of the fair play draw, if Leahman had not been sent off in the CL final. As he was, the premier league went over the threshold for fair play points because of too many cards for English teams.

Because he was sent off he were denied a place in the UEFA cup. If he hadn't been sent off we would have competed in the UEFA cup so does that make us UEFA cup winners of 2007? By your logic it does. ;)

Anyway credit to Birmingham for today, they matched United and fully deserved a point. Really wasn't impressed with United and I'm not suprised they can't win away if they play like that, although they were perhaps hard done by with the equaliser. But since more decisions go in United's favour than against, my sympathies are limited :)

That ref is a criminal - it has to be said

Handling the ball aside, the guy practically stepped on the defender's (Ferdinand, i think) shoulders to get the header

On a side note, I can't quite figure out what every1 else is so happy about
Man City and Arsenal have about as much chance for the title as Liverpool
And Chelsea can't stop losing, so they'll soon be out of contention too

Last edited:

Handling the ball aside, the guy practically stepped on the defender's (Ferdinand, i think) shoulders to get the header

On a side note, I can't quite figure out what every1 else is so happy about
Man City and Arsenal have about as much chance for the title as Liverpool
And Chelsea can't stop losing, so they'll soon be out of contention too
So your saying Chelsea will continue losing until May?

I don't think so- Chelsea, Man City, Man United & Arsenal all have the same chance of winning the title and I think it could go down to a 4 way battle on the final day of the season- Where Man United probably have an edge, playing Blackpool at home.

It really shows either how much football you watch or how attentive you were watching the game...

the ref was a shambles throughout with a very card happy attitude towards us, which isn't surprising however wrong it is! There was much more than one decision in that game that was debatable.

Ye it was a dubious decision, but United aren't a team that gets hard done by regularly, like the many insightful fans on this site that are United through and through they accepted it as you win some you lose some, due to the game being even and the certain lucky moments they have had this season with the opposite outcome to tonight.

For us this was a very rare slice of luck this season, we have had literally none. Referees have been awful in games involving us this season. The birmingham city with luck on its side was left back in the 09/10 season, this season we need to make our own.

So your saying Chelsea will continue losing until May?

I certainly hope so :)

But what I was saying is that they're the only ones United should worry about
If they don't get back on track soon, Man Utd are champions

edit:

Mfage1
There was only one decision that mattered in that game and the ref got it wrong
And that foul was visible from outer space...

Last edited:
I certainly hope so :)

But what I was saying is that they're the only ones United should worry about
If they don't get back on track soon, Man Utd are champions

edit:

Mfage1
I don't see why Chelsea are United's only threat. Did you see Arsenal play Chelsea? They were fantastic, and if Arsenal play like that from now until May, they will be a bigger threat than Chelsea. Man City also cannot be ruled out- They have a team that can win this league hands down, when they get the Chemistry right, they are unstoppable.

As I said, it will go down to the final day of the season- Don't rule anyone out until its Mathmatically impossible. The season has more twists & turns to come.

Mfage1

It was an important decision yes, but not the only one that mattered.

I haven't seen the replay but from where i was in the ground Giggs' nice studs up lunge looked a bit suspect to me... in a Blue shirt a decision may have been made.

Many decisions a referee makes can impact on the outcome of a match, just because that one is obvious, and you seem to display united bias doesn't determine the match.

we deserved that point, the decision may have been suspect, but justice was done in terms of how the game panned out.

Great performance today, matched them all over the park and bar one lapse in concentration looked really comfortable.

Beausejour impressed me tonight, bullied Fabio/Rafael (not entirely sure which one it was :P) and showed great strength on the ball, whilst having a desire to take a man on which pretty much everyone else in the squad lacks. If only some of the balls he put in whilst he got past his marker would have been more accurate then maybe we'd have created more clear chances.

Foster didn't really have much to do but dealt with everything thrown at him apart from the goal which he couldn't do anything about and was a tremendous finish.

Johnson and Dann were as always immense. As I previously said bar one slight lapse in concentration they had Berbatov and the oncoming threats of the midfield pushing forward and the wingers cutting in, in their pockets. What really impresses me with these two is that they are not uncomfortable with the ball at their feet and both today had runs with the ball near the opposition penalty area. Rojo I think put the ball in for the goal, not sure though?

Ridgewell and Carr were simply brilliant, didn't put a foot wrong and are not afraid to attack at all either. They're probably our best attacking option, over lapping their respective wide men and whipping balls into the box. Carr still at his age has bundles of pace and never seems to tire. Ridge is seeming to improve his delivery with his weaker left foot week by week and as he does this we become more dangerous as a unit.

Seb Larsson's play with Carr is the centre of our game, both can cross exceptionally and Carr with the extra pace can over lap and then pull it back for Seb (the better crosser) to whip a ball in. His delivery from set pieces are second to none, and it's no surprise that, that's where most of our goals come from.

Barry Ferguson is easily one of the best passers in the league. Opinion and fact. It's rare he ever wastes the ball when it's at his feet and when the opponents have it, he's not at all shy to win it back. I honestly think I love the man ;)

LEE LEE LEE BOWYER! I have to admit, I'm not always his biggest fan, but you can't doubt his commitment. He will push himself to his physical limits when ever he plays and gives his all no matter what. That's emphasised by him getting the late goal for us to equalise. This is an attribute that everyone in the team has, it was the key to our success last year and hopefully this year too!

Cameron Jerome, although he's open to criticism, he may be offside too much, he may have the touch of a rapist, today I thought he played brilliantly. He won a **** of a lot of aerial challenges thrown at him, and worked his socks off. Even though I reckon he plays better with another forward beside him, he led the line valiantly. Well done CJ

^^

Beausejour did work Rafael :P over for the majority of the game, really impressed me this evening, seems to have realised what is needed in English football finally.

I thought Stephen Carr was immense, he did really well against a very left wing Rooney on most occasions.

Another ironic moment for me... I was quite skeptical of Big Eck's decision to substitue Seb and Beausejour when a goal down, as from my view it was taking off the only two players to give any delivery to Zigic. And couldn't understand, and i made it quite clear to those around me :$ that i thought it was madness to keep Bowyer on with a booking in a game like this when one down...

however, Roger Johnson supplied the cross and Bowyer put it away, i ate my words rather swiftly i must say XD

Being brutally honest,I think the title will be between United & Arsenal. Although Chelsea's **** form won't continue forever,they will soon have dropped too many points.I don't think City can keep going,I have a feeling their form will be short-lived.I also have no idea how the title race will pan out from there.

United were unlucky tonight and have a right to feel aggrieved at the referee's decision.But it's not as if it never happens to anybody else.

Finally,a lot of fans have 2 moods.(Not all,some are different)
(H) The 'Sore Winner' Mood
(Usually after a big result)
The mood where they write off every other team and gloat
:@ The 'Sore Loser' Mood
(After practically any bad result)
The mood where it is absolutely everybody's fault excluding their own team

Conclusion : Football fans will **** you off if you don't support the same club as them so there is no point of making an argument over which team is better

I also admit I questioned Sir 'Eck when bringing on Zig after taking off our two best suppliers of the ball. As you could of predicted he tactically raped me :(

Feeling really positive for the **** game now, comeeeee on youuuuu Blueeeeeees :$

Being brutally honest,I think the title will be between United & Arsenal. Although Chelsea's **** form won't continue forever,they will soon have dropped too many points.I don't think City can keep going,I have a feeling their form will be short-lived.I also have no idea how the title race will pan out from there.

United were unlucky tonight and have a right to feel aggrieved at the referee's decision.But it's not as if it never happens to anybody else.

Finally,a lot of fans have 2 moods.(Not all,some are different)
(H) The 'Sore Winner' Mood
(Usually after a big result)
The mood where they write off every other team and gloat
:@ The 'Sore Loser' Mood
(After practically any bad result)
The mood where it is absolutely everybody's fault excluding their own team

Conclusion : Football fans will **** you off if you don't support the same club as them so there is no point of making an argument over which team is better
Not really true, some Arsenal supporters on here **** me off (not you lol). I see where you're coming from though. People like A J Crowley really annoy me though, to the point I can't be assed to reply to their stupid comments. Honestly I would just love it if we won this year, certain Man Utd and Chelsea are so up themselves.

I don't see why Chelsea are United's only threat. Did you see Arsenal play Chelsea? They were fantastic, and if Arsenal play like that from now until May, they will be a bigger threat than Chelsea. Man City also cannot be ruled out- They have a team that can win this league hands down, when they get the Chemistry right, they are unstoppable.

As I said, it will go down to the final day of the season- Don't rule anyone out until its Mathmatically impossible. The season has more twists & turns to come.
Ha, seriously, i watched the full arsenal and chelsea game and belive me it was a crappy performance from both teams, arsenal were lucky that john terry is so out of form he looked handicapped and once again Arsenal conceded a weak goal, so i don't know how you can say Arsenal were fantastic, i have watched pasta boil thta was more interesting!!!!

Not really true, some Arsenal supporters on here **** me off (not you lol). I see where you're coming from though. People like A J Crowley really annoy me though, to the point I can't be assed to reply to their stupid comments. Honestly I would just love it if we won this year, certain Man Utd and Chelsea are so up themselves.

To Tottenham fans, many of you lot are up yourselves.

Ha, seriously, i watched the full arsenal and chelsea game and belive me it was a crappy performance from both teams, arsenal were lucky that john terry is so out of form he looked handicapped and once again Arsenal conceded a weak goal, so i don't know how you can say Arsenal were fantastic, i have watched pasta boil thta was more interesting!!!!

There is nothing that says that for a performance to be fantastic it has to be exciting. Look at Inter v Barca in the Champions League last season: it was a dull, dull match, but they performed superbly.

You see, people like this just, GRRRrrrr... can't be bothered, atleast there are people on here that actually have a brain like Billy, GodCubed, Mike etc even Jacko to an extent lol

You see, people like this just, GRRRrrrr... can't be bothered, atleast there are people on here that actually have a brain like Billy, GodCubed, Mike etc even Jacko to an extent lol

you forgot me :P :D

There is nothing that says that for a performance to be fantastic it has to be exciting. Look at Inter v Barca in the Champions League last season: it was a dull, dull match, but they performed superbly.

Yeah i totally agree, but i didn't think it was a good performance, the first half was a few errors and the second half the goals from both sides were down to big errors,
in truth though you have games like that and Arsenal did well to come out of that with an easy win.so well done.

i think that its gonna be a 4 horse race, man utd, Man city, arsenal, chelsea, i think though that by March or April it will be down to a 2 horse race with man utd and arsenal , whoever stays more injury free and more consistent should win.arsenal play the best football but i guess Man utd haven't lost so we stand a good chance.i think Man city because of inexperience in chasing a title will faulter and Chelsea.............well you need a few new players.

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

Haha, mate you take things too seriously,

I watched man utd play against birmingham and i support them and i thought they didn't deserve to win, all i am saying and i was just being silly without any intention was that when you watch two of the top teams play you kinda expect a game with a bit more quality and there were so many players who didn't play very well.

And just to make you angrier, didn't we teach you guys a lesson about two weeks ago????

Back