Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Chelsea Win

Votes: 35 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i always think he is speaking with a dutch accent XD

Im not worrying too much yet. Correct me if im wrong but didnt it take Thierry Henry 14 games to score his first goal for Arsenal? and look how many goals he ended up scoring ;)

Mmm, but Henry was a winger who he confessed "had to be retaught the art of striking" (or something similar, IIRC). Not only that, he only failed to score in his first 8 games. On top of THAT, in his first season he scored 26 goals. As well as THAT, Henry was only 22. So by the end of this season, to be anything like Henry, Torres will have had to convert himself into another position, lower his age by about 5 years, score in a game soon, and score something like 13 goals by the end of the season.

Yeah, it's silly, but so's comparing Torres to Henry.

I can't be the only Liverpool fan that enjoys seeing Torres playing so ****.....?

pretty wank game on a whole, nearly sent me to sleep

I can't be the only Liverpool fan that enjoys seeing Torres playing so ****.....?

And im not the only Chelsea fans that enjoys watching him play for Chelsea. He didnt play ****, like i said if you actually watched the game (indsted of drifting off) the service to him was **** poor. The game was not "wank" at all.

---------- Post added at 03:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 AM ----------

Would like to give full credit to Holloway for coming out and giving an interview even though his side lost :P

Last edited:

why did you keep watching it then? decent game from chelsea, Drogba and Torres dont work too well. Chelsea need to sign a genuine 10 if they want the best from El Nino

why did you keep watching it then? decent game from chelsea, Drogba and Torres dont work too well. Chelsea need to sign a genuine 10 if they want the best from El Nino

Couldnt agree more. That or switch back to a 4-3-3 but that means leaving one of Drogba or Torres out.

And im not the only Chelsea fans that enjoys watching him play for Chelsea. He didnt play ****, like i said if you actually watched the game (indsted of drifting off) the service to him was **** poor. The game was not "wank" at all.

---------- Post added at 03:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 AM ----------

Would like to give full credit to Holloway for coming out and giving an interview even though his side lost :P

funny how i said Liverpool fans isn't it.
and i'm sorry, but he looked better with us under Dalglish than he has in a single game for you. He just doesn't look interested. He's so frustrating.

Prime example - ball gets laid to him on the right, he puts a poor cross in, ball comes near him again, he turns his back and walks off. Wth is that about?

I watched it cos there was nothing else on, and i can't say i was glued to it.

I do like Torres, even if he did leave Liverpool. Thought tonight could have been the game for him to break his duck but I guess not. Roll on next game for him to score!

I feel your pain, 'betrayal' always hurts, but it's not nice to see great players struggle to get their form back. Of course I'm speaking from a neutral point of view so it's rather easy for me to say that :P

He had a bad game, no need to hide it. Yes, service was poor, but so was his movement, he was nearly invisible for the whole game, can't blame the midfield for that. Drogba also had a bad game but at least he tried harder than Torres. He's not playing comfortably, and I think he needs to regain a lot of confidence in himself - which, ironically, should be solved by scoring.

funny how i said Liverpool fans isn't it.
and i'm sorry, but he looked better with us under Dalglish than he has in a single game for you. He just doesn't look interested. He's so frustrating.

Prime example - ball gets laid to him on the right, he puts a poor cross in, ball comes near him again, he turns his back and walks off. Wth is that about?

I watched it cos there was nothing else on, and i can't say i was glued to it.

If he wasent intrested he wouldnt keep running around chasing lost causes and also wouldnt be the first player to run over to Terry and Lampard for the goals celebrating. Its all withfull thinking im afraid, its like his first interview as a Chelsea player some Liverpool journo said "look at him, he looks upset and looks like he regrets it already". Its an absolute joke, Torres likes the ball to his feet or in space down the channels and we kept lumping the ball long to Drogba for most of the game so it didnt suit our El Nino.

I feel your pain, 'betrayal' always hurts, but it's not nice to see great players struggle to get their form back. Of course I'm speaking from a neutral point of view so it's rather easy for me to say that :P

He had a bad game, no need to hide it. Yes, service was poor, but so was his movement, he was nearly invisible for the whole game, can't blame the midfield for that. Drogba also had a bad game but at least he tried harder than Torres. He's not playing comfortably, and I think he needs to regain a lot of confidence in himself - which, ironically, should be solved by scoring.
Carlo needs to make his mind up, who is the focal point: torres or drogba. Torres always does best with a 10 near him (aguero, gerrard)

Where have i hid it?? I said he wasent great today but if he dosent get the service then what more can he do appart from chase lost causes which is what he done. He is working hard and the Chelsea fans can see this and we will never get on his back.

Carlo needs to make his mind up, who is the focal point: torres or drogba. Torres always does best with a 10 near him (aguero, gerrard)

I'm waiting for Benayoun to come back from injury and see how it goes. They know each other, and Yossi is a good player, maybe he can help him settle both on and off the pitch.

Where have i hid it?? I said he wasent great today but if he dosent get the service then what more can he do appart from chase lost causes which is what he done. He is working hard and the Chelsea fans can see this and we will never get on his back.

I assumed you were trying to shift attention from Torres to the midfield, sorry if that wasn't your intention. Both are to blame, in my opinion.

If he wasent intrested he wouldnt keep running around chasing lost causes and also wouldnt be the first player to run over to Terry and Lampard for the goals celebrating. Its all withfull thinking im afraid, its like his first interview as a Chelsea player some Liverpool journo said "look at him, he looks upset and looks like he regrets it already". Its an absolute joke, Torres likes the ball to his feet or in space down the channels and we kept lumping the ball long to Drogba for most of the game so it didnt suit our El Nino.

i cba to respond to your points, there a joke some of them :)
He celebrated every goal a Liverpool player scored whilst he was there? it means ****.
All i'm saying is his work rate is only marginally better than what it was at Liverpool, if at all. It's not good enough, especially now we have Suarez, the difference in the two is un-real.

Funny how he left when Suarez would've been the perfect partner for him, but meh - that's a whole new conversation.

Like Mike's said, you either need to decide who's the focal point - Drogba or Torres (both opperate better as a lone forward) Personally feel Torres is replacing Drogba. Despite you's scoring 3, i don't think 4-4-2 works for you.

i cba to respond to your points, there a joke some of them :)
He celebrated every goal a Liverpool player scored whilst he was there? it means ****.
All i'm saying is his work rate is only marginally better than what it was at Liverpool, if at all. It's not good enough, especially now we have Suarez, the difference in the two is un-real.

Funny how he left when Suarez would've been the perfect partner for him, but meh - that's a whole new conversation.

Like Mike's said, you either need to decide who's the focal point - Drogba or Torres (both opperate better as a lone forward) Personally feel Torres is replacing Drogba. Despite you's scoring 3, i don't think 4-4-2 works for you.
4-4-2 does work for them, very well. they just need a 10

4-4-2 does work for them, very well. they just need a 10

Too early to say. They've only played it, what, three times? Moreover, you're saying they need a true 10, but surely a true 10 would be playing in the hole rather than making runs from deep?

I hope Torres scores soon otherwise it could be even harder to get him playing, everyone knows he will be good but he needs to start proving his worth soon.
Before you say it im not saying hes **** or we shouldnt have bought him.

Too early to say. They've only played it, what, three times? Moreover, you're saying they need a true 10, but surely a true 10 would be playing in the hole rather than making runs from deep?
10's start in the hole. Old school 10's stay there, modern 10s make the runs if needed. chelsea get too narrow playing 4-3-3, they come through the middle too often and it becomes easy to defend against

The 4-4-2 is a very narrow 4-4-2 because Ramires is on the right and he will natuarly comes inside. Torres can play upfront but he needs to play with a floater, someone who dosent stay in the centre i.e Anelka, Kalou or Sturridge not Drogba.

---------- Post added at 04:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 AM ----------

10's start in the hole. Old school 10's stay there, modern 10s make the runs if needed. chelsea get too narrow playing 4-3-3, they come through the middle too often and it becomes easy to defend against

Will be intresting to see what Benayoun can do to help Torres when he comes back.

Benayoun could prove to be your number 10.

him and torres were exceptional at pool

Back