Blasphemy! Seven clubs lock horns for the title after sir Alex Ferguson's retirement!

• Thread starter Thread starter KevinHann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 373K
English Title Contenders Cup Watch

View attachment 450089

Third Round Draw

Manchester City - Preston
Doncaster - Liverpool
Chelsea - Tottenham
Newcastle - Sheffield Wednesday
Arsenal - Burnley
Birmingham - Manchester United

Sarah Michelle @RealSMG what a tool @ Marseilles can youiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii--ii---i 1m

Who the **** is Rodallega and how can we let them score such a stupid goal?!
#FFC #AFC

Expand

Cheryl Cole @CherylCole what a tool @ Marseilles can you beiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie 1m

What a three minute double salvo by Salvio and Remy go Magpies!!! #mcfc
#nufc

Expand

View attachment 449995
Premier League
Round 15

Saturday 7th December 2013:

Title Contenders Clash
View attachment 449994
Tottenham - Chelsea

Half Time
82' 0-1 Lampard (pen)
86' Lampard (C) booked
87' Cahill (C) booked
90' Cole (C) booked
Full Time

Final score

Tottenham - Chelsea 0-1
View attachment 449992View attachment 449991View attachment 449990

Fulham - Arsenal 1-0
Rodallega (31)
View attachment 449989View attachment 449988

Sunderland - Manchester United 2-2
Fletcher (31), Giaccherini (39); Young (24), van Persie (45), Fabio sent off (87)

View attachment 449987View attachment 449986

Title Contenders Clash
View attachment 449985
Manchester City - Newcastle

Half Time
53' 0-1 Salvio
56' 0-2 Remy
66' Zouma (N) sent off
68' 1-2 Negredo
87' 2-2 Negredo
90+3' 3-2 Fernandinho
Full Time

Final score

Manchester City - Newcastle 3-2
View attachment 449984View attachment 449983View attachment 449982

Monday 9th December 2013:

Aston Villa - Liverpool 2-1
Benteke (53), Lowton (65); Hernanes (13)
View attachment 449981View attachment 449980

League Table:

View attachment 449979

Stay with Match of the Day for pundit analysis, manager interview specials and many more!

View attachment 449956
View attachment 449955
Premier League 2013/14
Round 15

Gary Lineker: Good evening and welcome to Match of the Day for our thoughts on the fifteenth round of the Premier League season! I will be your host after each round of games and Alan Shearer and Alan Hansen will assist me as we provide fresh post-match analysis. We will be focusing on a game or two we pick from the seven clubs we have highlighted this season - usually that will be the contender derbies.
Alan Hansen: We will also show you some interview specials with the managers right after the games, as well as occasional player profiles.
Alan Shearer: And finally, but not at last place, you will be updated with the latest news on injuries, dressing room events or even rumours surrounding your favourite clubs.
Gary Lineker: So are you ready? What really happened in the latest round of world's best league? Here we go...

Tottenham - Chelsea
0-1
View attachment 449954
Gary Lineker: The first match we picked up today saw title contenders Tottenham and Chelsea clash as the hosts needed to cut the gap to the top four while the visitors wanted to keep pressure on the leaders. It was a largely uneventful game and Chelsea grabbed a late winner thanks to a penalty from Frank Lampard.
Alan Hansen: The score may seem harsh to Spurs but they didn't manage a single shot on target and were too scared to attack even though they were at home. Chelsea simply wanted it more and had the character to get the vital late winner.
Alan Shearer: Sandro was the lone man in Spurs midfield trying to do something but none of his teammates backed him. David Luiz picked up the PoM award but Essien, Cole and Lampard all were at a good level for the Blues.
Gary Lineker: Let's see what the managers had to say after the game!

Reporter: This is another late goal we see in a Tottenham game. Is there a problem with concentration levels at the death or it's more of a fitness issue?
Andre Villas-Boas: I don't think that's a fair judgment as we have been scoring late in our games, too. We had other problems that cost us the game today. We didn't create enough and we failed to use set pieces either. I was sorry to see Dawson miss three good headed chances in the Chelsea box.
Reporter: That was going to be my next question. You didn't look like scoring at any point, as a matter of fact your team failed to register any shots on target. Why was that?
Andre Villas-Boas: Our passing in the final third wasn't as sharp as I would have liked. I know the fans wanted to see a second striker on the pitch but I couldn't afford that with Chelsea lurking to expose us on the counter. Sadly a harsh penalty decision made all that irrelevant.Reporter: Another characteristic win for a club managed by Jose Mourinho. The opposition manager felt the penalty decision was harsh though and that was the decisive point of the game. Your thoughts?
Jose Mourinho: He likes to complain, doesn't he? He can moan as much as he wants but I saw three other accidents when the ball bounced off the arm of a Spurs defender. He's not commenting on any of these, is he?
Reporter: How important is this win for your title aspirations? Both Manchester United and Newcastle dropped points today.
Jose Mourinho: Everyone will drop points and I already said that. I don't see why you're so surprised it finally happened. Yes, they were on a great run. Next thing we may go on a great run. You never know in this league. We'll give them a good run for their money though and that is a given.

Gary Lineker: Andre was unwilling to get dragged in a war of words with his old mentor but Mourinho had no such scruples. I feel Spurs lost the game because both sides represented the mentality of their managers on the pitch.
Alan Hansen: It's not important if there was a pen or there were three other pens, the result is all that matters in the end of the day.
Alan Shearer: Let's not get carried away as we have one more game to cover.

Manchester City - Newcastle
3-2

View attachment 449946
Gary Lineker: The second match we picked up today saw title contenders Manchester City and Newcastle clash at the Etihad as the hosts were looking to cut the gap to the top and inflict first defeat of the season to their visitors. After an uneventful first half it appeared that great run for the Magpies would go on as they came into the second period flying with two quick goals from Salvio and Remy. A mad tackle by Kurt Zouma got him sent off though and opened the door for the Citizens to produce an amazing comeback. Negredo grabbed two goals, including a dramatic equalizer with 3 minutes to go and then Fernandinho produced a wonderful winner just before the full time whistle.
Alan Hansen: Newcastle have themselves to blame here as I thought they were on track to a great, great away win when Zouma had a moment of sheer madness. It is games like this bringing back the memories of how the title was lost on Tyneside back in the nineties.
Alan Shearer: Toure was a monster for City, picking up the PoM award, but Negredo was equally good. Fernandinho, Zabaleta, Lucas Leiva and David Silva all impressed, too. Salvio, Marveaux and Remy were the better players for the Magpies.
Gary Lineker: Let's see what the managers had to say after the game!

Reporter: What a turnaround! You must be really confident after this game?
Manuel Pellegrini: We will not let the good final thirty minutes erase the fact we were poor for an hour before that. I am glad with the result but the performance leaves a lot to be desired. If we don't change this we may not be lucky to score late next time.
Reporter: Do you think the red card influenced the game?
Manuel Pellegrini: You don't seriously expect me to deny that, do you? Of course it did but I also thought it was deserved and from that point on that's Newcastle's concern.Reporter: You must be devastated to come so close to a great score at the Etihad only to walk out of the game empty handed. Kurt Zouma's mistake arguably cost you three points today, will you drop him now?
Dimiter Hristov: Kurt will need to serve his suspension now but other than that I don't plan any further disciplinary action. We had a chat and he understands what he did and said sorry to both me and the team. We are building a young, talented side and things like this will inevitably happen at some stage. It's not the end of the world and we will keep working in the same direction.
Reporter: This is your first defeat in management. Are you afraid this might signal the end of your bright form and you will struggle to hold your high position in the league?
Dimiter Hristov: If you think so you haven't been in our dressing room recently. We are where we are to stay so get used to it - we're not going anywhere!

Gary Lineker: Pellegrini knows his team got lucky today with that red card and it would have been interesting to see how the game would have ended without it.
Alan Hansen: I also noticed the red card occured when Hristov had a triple change lined up and that seriously hurt his gameplan. Even then I still think City would have found a way back in the match without the sending off, they were on top at that point already.
Gary Lineker: What do you have for us in the news and rumours section today, Alan?
Alan Shearer: The usual reports of pressure on Rodgers and Wenger are still persisting. Zouma and Fabio will be suspended for Newcastle and Manchester United respectively. Aaron Lennon will be fine despite picking up a knock for Tottenham and there really aren't any other injuries for the title contenders this round. We will finish with our team of the week:

View attachment 449889
Round 15 Team of the Week

That is all from this edition of Match of the Day! Watch out for the newspaper columns of our regular pundits to find out their take of the games!

Last edited:
No country for old men? Think again!
View attachment 449900
Tony Cascarino Commentary
Last updated at 11:51PM, December 9 2013

The general consensus amongst Chelsea fans after winning the Champions League a couple seasons ago was the core of experienced players have gone as far as they could and it's time to revitalize the squad with young blood. While this was correct and a lot of the old dogs moved on, some of them remain till this day. Jose Mourinho was blessed with the chance to find John Terry and Frank Lampard still in the team he left several years ago and he wasted little time in putting them on the pitch.

View attachment 449899
Lampard converts another pen

This faith is paying back as Lampard scored another key goal at White Hart Lane to seal the three points in a game that was heading for a stalemate. Even though he is 35 now, Frank already has five goals in just ten league games this season - not bad for an old man, huh? Of course he can't keep up with the physical demands of playing three games a week but he has been instrumental for Chelsea and Mourinho was wise to utilize him.

View attachment 449898
Young guns need guidance

The most important thing the Blues must remember is you can't renew your entire team at once. Well, they could considering the financial muscle they got but that's not the way to do it. For any generation transition to go smoothly you need a couple old men around to lead and show lethal touch when the youngsters can't cut it.

Lee Dixon: Timely win over Magpies doesn't convince of City title credentials
View attachment 449896
LEE DIXON Monday 9 December 2013
Manuel Pellegrini didn't seem a happy man after the final whistle at the Etihad this weekend even though Manchester City had just inflicted first loss to Newcastle this season. Despite the importance of the result and cutting the gap to the top to 11 points, Pellegrini knows the Citizens were outplayed by an enthusiastic yet much inferior team and it was total fluke Kurt Zouma made that tackle to ultimately surrender the hard-fought lead his team had in the second half.

View attachment 449891
Utilizing top guns required

This is turning into a serious problem for the new manager. Further class was added to the squad in the summer but City still fail to impose that on the pitch and beat their opponents in a convincing manner. Without these results more teams will come and play believing they can take something off us. When you have such weapons you simply must go out and win a few games by 5 or 6 goals to instill fear in the smaller teams.

View attachment 449890
Stars won't give you fighting shifts

If you don't do that what's the point of having all these awesome players? They are the best you will find around but they won't give you a fighting shift week in, week out. Failure to employ their reputation to do the dirty work instead will only see you get a special result here and there and drop points to the likes of Cardiff and Hull right after. Hardly a way to win the title.

Simon Pegg @simonpegg what a tool @ Marseilles can yo-----i------ue 1m

#ChampionsLeague
#CFC - Atletico Madrid 2-0
Torres (14), Hazard (65), Ramires sent off (21), Azpilicueta sent off (64)
Petr Cech out with broken shoulder

Expand

Liam Gallagher @liamgallagher what a tool @ Marseilles can you--iiiiiiiiiiiiiii 1m

#ChampionsLeague
#mcfc - FC Bayern 0-1
Boateng (67)
#mcfc knocked out of #ChampionsLeague
LGx

Expand

Hugh Laurie @hughlaurie what a tool @ Marseilles can yo-----i-------ue 1m

Champions League
Arsenal - Lyon 1-0
Giroud (33); Richards sent off (89)
Arsenal knocked out of the Champions League

Expand

Phil Collins @PhilCollinsFeed what a tool @ Marseilles can -u-----------e 1m

#EuropaLeague
#THFC - P. Ferreira 2-0
Defoe (23), Naughton (27)

Expand

View attachment 449878

Premier League predictions: Lawro v Ricky Hatton

BBC Sport's football expert Mark Lawrenson is pitting his wits against a different guest each week this season.

This week he takes on former WBA (Super), IBF, IBO and The Ring Light Welterweight Champion, and WBA Welterweight Champion, as well as Manchester City fan Ricky Hatton.

View attachment 449876
Lawro vs Manchester City fan Ricky

A correct result is worth ONE point. A correct score earns THREE points.

Manchester United - Manchester City
Ricky Hatton: Straight off and deep in the water, huh? We must win this and if the lads roughen up we can. 1-2.
Mark Lawrenson: There isn't much to separate these two and I will go for a draw. 2-2.

Arsenal - Sunderland
Ricky Hatton: The Gunners are in shambles but they punch hardest when in a corner. 3-0.
Mark Lawrenson: It's the first time I remember Arsenal drop out of the group stages in the Champions League and I fear this crisis they got at their hands won't be easy to get out of. 1-1.

Chelsea - Aston Villa
Ricky Hatton: The Villains have been good this season so I'll go with David here. 0-1.
Mark Lawrenson: I don't think the Blues will get complacent right now. 2-0.

Newcastle - Tottenham
Ricky Hatton: This seems an even match. 2-2.
Mark Lawrenson: To be honest watching the Magpies nearly shock City at the Etihad and then the manner in which Spurs lost to Chelsea I don't think this will be even close. 4-1.

Liverpool game postponed

Last week, Lawro got one result right, with no perfect scores. His score of 1 was totally blown out of the water by the predictions of Arsenal fan Sarah Michelle Gellar, who managed three correct results with three perfect scores.

Total scores after Week Fifteen
Lawro: 59
Guests: 55

i have bookmarked your story and check it atleast twice daily for an update!!!!!

**** YOU FOR MAKING ME THINK THERE HAD BEEN AN UPDATE!

On a (slightly) more serious note, and equally anecdotal in execution, I have done the same as alokated has.

Back