Blasphemy! Seven clubs lock horns for the title after sir Alex Ferguson's retirement!

• Thread starter Thread starter KevinHann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 373K
Just caught up with this now !! Still going strong KUTGW :)

just caught up myself. Loved the story, even though I absolutely hate Newcastle in my own save (I play Middlesbrough) because they are my bogey team. The key reason why I lost the league in my 3rd season, and unable to get a domestic cup were all caused by losses to Newcastle. :D

**** YOU FOR MAKING ME THINK THERE HAD BEEN AN UPDATE!

On a (slightly) more serious note, and equally anecdotal in execution, I have done the same as alokated has.

I've subscribed to instant email notifications, my mobile buzzes as soon as someone posts. Imagine how I feel when I check its not an update by Kevin. :\

Seems like a lot of fm players are getting frustrated with the game and are giving up on saves. I've seen 2 of my fav stories (including this) stop in recent weeks.

View attachment 425202
Premier League
Round 16

Saturday 14th December 2013:

Title Contenders Clash
View attachment 425201
Manchester United - Manchester City

4' Zabaleta (MC) booked
11' Vidic (MU) booked
24' Rafael (MU) booked
28' 1-0 Kagawa
43' 1-1 Negredo
44' Negredo (MC) booked

Half Time
49' Carrick (MU) booked

Full Time

Final score

Manchester United - Manchester City 1-1
View attachment 425200View attachment 425199View attachment 425198

Arsenal - Sunderland 2-0
Podolski (27), Giroud (79)
View attachment 425197View attachment 425196

Chelsea - Aston Villa 1-1
Lampard (pen 32); Benteke (pen 30)

View attachment 425195View attachment 425194

Sunday 15th December 2013:

Title Contenders Clash
View attachment 425193
Newcastle - Tottenham

5' 1-0 Salvio
20' 2-0 Ben Arfa
43' 2-1 Lamela
45' Peruzzi (N) booked
Half Time
70' Donovan
(N) missed pen
72' 2-2 Lamela
73' Capoue (T) booked

Full Time

Final score

Newcastle - Tottenham 2-2
View attachment 425191View attachment 425190View attachment 425189

Liverpool Game postponed

League Table:

View attachment 425188

Last edited:
Welcome back, missed this story!

Thanks, mate. Having various serious issues with fonts not coming out as they should, being forced to use basic uploader and go through images one by one, etc. The above post took more than half an hour plus had to re-do it twice and edit it five-six times. Is something with the site wrong or it's my browser?

This is extremely annoying. I am unable to click on the Select Files button when I try to upload a file from my computer. Therefore I cannot upload any images unless I go to basic uploader and handle them one by one. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? I have tried on various browsers like Chrome, Opera, Mozilla, the problem persists. I've updated Adobe, the problem persists.

English Title Contenders Cup Watch
View attachment 425103

Quarter Final

Tuesday 17th December 2013

Norwich - West Brom 0-1
Olsson (30)

Wolves
- Chelsea 3-3
Griffiths (64), Potter (70), Schwarzer o.g. (115); Essien (35), Mata (46), Reach o.g. (94)
Chelsea win 6-5 on penalties
View attachment 425102View attachment 425101

Wednesday 18th December 2013

Newcastle
- Manchester City 3-2

Remy (24), Santon (33), Salvio (51); Negredo (67, 83)
View attachment 425099View attachment 425098View attachment 425097

Swansea - Aston Villa 2-2
Williams (90), Vazquez (103); Agbonlahor (26), Baker (113)
Aston Villa win 5-3 on penalties

Last edited:
English Title Contenders European Watch

View attachment 425094

First Knockout Round Draw

Dortmund - Napoli

Barcelona - Olympique Lyonnais

Juventus - FC Bayern

FC Kobenhavn - Real Madrid

Atletico Madrid - Manchester United

AC Milan - Real Sociedad

Leverkusen - Chelsea

FC Porto - Paris Saint-Germain

View attachment 425093

First Knockout Round Draw

Wigan - Betis

Swansea - Udinese

Anji - Tottenham

Benfica - Arsenal

Zenit - Manchester City

View attachment 425088
Premier League
Round 17

Saturday 21st December 2013:

West Brom - Manchester City 0-1
Silva (42)
View attachment 425090View attachment 425089

Newcastle - Swansea 3-1
Depay (12, 73), Cisse (57); Lamah (58)

View attachment 425087View attachment 425086

Liverpool - Southampton 1-6
Aspas (87);
Lambert (7, 64), Lallana (16), Wanyama (45+2), Osvaldo (48, 80)
View attachment 425085View attachment 425084

Sunday 22nd December 2013:

Chelsea - Stoke 2-0
Mata (5), Wilson o.g. (25)
View attachment 425082View attachment 425081

Manchester United - Aston Villa 4-0
Young (31), Fellaini (49, 52), Okore o.g. (85)
View attachment 425080View attachment 425079

Monday 23rd December 2013:

Arsenal - Tottenham 0-1
Soldado (26)
View attachment 425078View attachment 425077View attachment 425076

League Table:

View attachment 425075

This is extremely annoying. I am unable to click on the Select Files button when I try to upload a file from my computer. Therefore I cannot upload any images unless I go to basic uploader and handle them one by one. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? I have tried on various browsers like Chrome, Opera, Mozilla, the problem persists. I've updated Adobe, the problem persists.
Use imgur to upload pictures, then insert them in with "Retrieve remote file locally" option then change size however you want, that's how I did it, seems easier for some reason.

It's good to have you back, btw

Use imgur to upload pictures, then insert them in with "Retrieve remote file locally" option then change size however you want, that's how I did it, seems easier for some reason.

It's good to have you back, btw

It's about doing it fast and in a simple manner due to the sheer number of images - thank you for the suggestion but I don't know how uploading them twice will ultimately take less time or spare the annoying delay in composing the posts. Plus when redirecting to a remote file you have to do it one by one again anyway. I really need that feature to work :( On top of it when I paste a template from a previous post the fonts move around in a random fashion and size upon preview/post and require further editing which gets really messy and incredibly irritating. Is this a common problem around here nowadays?!

I think everyone is having this problem at the moment and beyond being told to use the basic uploader nobody has been able to help me either.

It's about doing it fast and in a simple manner due to the sheer number of images - thank you for the suggestion but I don't know how uploading them twice will ultimately take less time or spare the annoying delay in composing the posts. Plus when redirecting to a remote file you have to do it one by one again anyway. I really need that feature to work :( On top of it when I paste a template from a previous post the fonts move around in a random fashion and size upon preview/post and require further editing which gets really messy and incredibly irritating. Is this a common problem around here nowadays?!
Yeah it has been happening, I actually did a story recently and I used a lot of pictures, if you want to check (just for the pictures and all > http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...michael-ballack-bayer-leverkusen-story-6.html The thing is, I set it to upload the pictures at imgur while playing, it does in background, bulk upload and then when you insert images, it doesn't take too much time, but whatever suits you better, mate.

Brendan Rodgers has been released from his position as manager of Liverpool by club President Thomas Werner. Rodgers' departure comes in the wake of a recent run of bad play for Liverpool and the club felt that a change was necessary for the good of the team. The former Swansea employee had been manager at Liverpool since May 2012. Liverpool have been disappointing in the Premier League so far this season and find themselves in 19th place having lost four of their last five games in the league.

View attachment 424892
Brendan Rodgers leaves Liverpool in relegation threat

The media is already speculating that high profile manager Diego Simeone could be tempted to quit Atletico Madrid for Anfield. A host of other top-class managers are also being linked with the post including Marcelo Bielsa, Luciano Spalletti and Claudio Ranieri.

Odds for next Liverpool manager:
5-2 Diego Simeone
3-1 Marcelo Bielsa
6-1 Luciano Spalletti

Odds for next manager to get the sack:
5-4 Ian Holloway (Crystal Palace)
5-4 Martin Jol (Fulham)
5-4 Chris Hughton (Norwich)

Last edited:
Back