Blasphemy! Seven clubs lock horns for the title after sir Alex Ferguson's retirement!

Sting @OfficialSting what a tool @ Marseilles can you beiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilieve 1m

Shocking news at Tyneside! Afraid what Mike Ashley might do when back from
the business trip to Sierra Leone #nufc

Expand

good read! i love the amount of effort you put into your stories

Surprise! Hristov and Kinnear messed it up! What now?!

View attachment 455632
Rob Lee
Published at 7:33PM, July 26 2013

This is life at Newcastle - like it or hate it, love it or be bored to death with it, it never stops being interesting. But as the Chinese saying goes, that's not necessarily a good thing. And I fear after tonight it may be a short trek to ****.

It was a calm evening at Tyneside and nothing suggested major fireworks are about to light the fire of insecurity threatening to swallow our dear club. Newcastle remained true to the recent standard of high activity on the transfer market but as funds in the coffers have been significantly decreased it was little surprise the club focused on outgoing transfers.

At 5:13PM Newcastle announced midfielder Haris Vuckic (20) has been loaned out for the season to Championship outfit Bolton. Wanderers will have the option of making the signing permanent in exchange of a 2.0m pounds fee.

View attachment 455608
The Haris days are numbered

At 5:35PM Newcastle made another announcement - fullback James Tavernier (21) also went out on loan to the Championship, Blackpool his destination. A fixed fee of 675k pounds was thrown as a clause in the deal.

View attachment 455607
Tavernier also out

At 5:42PM Newcastle offered Blackpool to activate the clause in Tavernier's loan contract and the Championship club agreed. The transfer was immediately finalized and James Tavernier was sold for 675k pounds.

But the real havoc broke loose as the clock ticked past 6:00. Much to the dismay of fans, pundits and everyone related to English football, Newcastle sanctioned a deal to bring in Brazil international Alex Sandro from FC Porto for a 11.5 million pounds fee, 4.5 million up front and the rest over the next 4 years. The deal was amusing as it both depleted the transfer budget and because Alex is... a left fullback. A position Newcastle have well and truly covered already with Davide Santon, Massadio Haidara and new recruit Leighton Baines - for whom Hristov broke the club record fee.

View attachment 455606View attachment 455572View attachment 455571View attachment 455570
Another Brazilian at SJP - Sandro to compete with Santon, Baines or Marveaux?

As the club declined to comment before the official press conference, speculation exploded Santon will be sold or Alex Sandro is actually Hristov's replacement for Jonas and will be employed on the left flank. But the genuine truth is nobody had a clue. The Brazilian is definitely a flair player as he likes to get forward and finish attacks on his own by lobbing the opposition keeper. He spent two seasons with FC Porto and managed 32 games with 2 goals.

Clouds of confusion gathered over Saint James Park as Joe Kinnear returned to the ground after a prolonged trip abroad. The local press expected clarification over the Alex Sandro deal but were stunned as the Magpies Director of Football announced that a further signing has been made and Argentina international winger Eduardo Salvio (23) is to join the club from Benfica in a 15.0 million pounds deal, 6.0m pounds up front and the rest over the next 48 months.

View attachment 455580View attachment 455575View attachment 455574View attachment 455573
Salvio vs Jonas and compared with Ben Arfa/Marveaux/Gouffran

Kinnear, visibly tired from a hectic schedule, moved on to briefing the Salvio credentials - 29 appearances for Benfica with 10 goals during last season, ability to play down both flanks, etc. - without realizing he has just spent over the budget available. When interrupted and asked for explanation, Kinnear was unable to provide such and concluded the press conference with the words he would need to investigate the matter. Hristov himself was available to comment on the events but did not reveal how the events tonight became possible:

Reporter: What happened tonight, Mr. Hristov?
Dimiter Hristov: To my best judgment we signed two exceptional players for this great football club.
Reporter: Would you please explain how that was possible? How could you spend money you don't actually have?!
Dimiter Hristov: I can't give you an explanation here, the financial side of the negotiations was at Joe's hands, I merely talked with the players and their agents to convince them Newcastle is their best destination after the Director of football had agreed terms with the respective clubs. So can we please focus on the footballing side of things?
Reporter: Alright, I will indulge you for a second. Why on earth would you need to spend so much on yet another left fullback after you have Santon and Haidara and you already splashed big on Leighton Baines? How will you even use these players?!
Dimiter Hristov: Alex Sandro is a little bit different to them and he offers us something more going forward plus he can really step in on the wing if needed so he is definitely a good buy. Right now Haidara is pretty much surplus to requirements but he is injured so I can't move him out. Hopefully when he is back to full fitness we may be able to arrange some kind of a loan deal for him. Which leaves me exactly where I want to be - I have Debuchy and Peruzzi covering the right flank of defense, Baines and Alex Sandro on the left and Santon providing cover for both.
Reporter: Ugh all that for just some 100-150 million or whatever it was... What about Salvio? Why not just go for Gaitan who is more experienced and significantly cheaper?
Dimiter Hristov: I was very impressed with Salvio's influence in the Europa League quarter final when we met Benfica earlier this year. Our scouting crew was adamant he is a much, much better player than Gaitan and has the potential to become even better. Between the two of those, it was a no-brainer.
Reporter: Mr. Hristov, you don't print money in your basement, do you? I will ask you once again, are you some Arab protege or something? How did you pull the financial aspects of these deals? Are they reversible considering this is obviously money you don't have?
Dimiter Hristov: The Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley is on his way and will provide these answers for you once he makes it to the airport. What I can confirm at this moment is the transfers are irreversible and these players are here to stay. You WILL get the answers you are looking for, I'm just not the person to provide them at this stage.

It will be extremely interesting to hear what Ashley has to say when he makes it to Newcastle. Initial reports suggest he was literally ****** off when he heard what is going on and there was a lot of shouting in several phone conversations before he boarded the plane from Sierra Leone. One thing is certain - he did not sanction the hectic spending we witnessed over the past weeks and did not provide the additional cash we saw poured out on transfers tonight. Key figures at the club hinted Hristov is set for big trouble while the financial future of the entire club is hanging in the balance. Stay tuned for further news from the North East!

Haris Vuckic transfer verdict: 6.5/10 - loan deal with buy-out clause at a good price for a young player who failed to live up to expectations - decent move.

James Tavernier transfer verdict: 4.5/10 - nothing special here - the player obviously had to be moved on but the fee could have been higher.

Alex Sandro transfer verdict: 1.5/10 - excellent player but 1. expensive, 2. where will he play?, 3. very expensive.

Eduardo Salvio transfer verdict: 1.0/10 - the young winger doesn't deserve this but he could turn out to be the catalyst for a real meltdown at Saint James' Park in the year the FA will be monitoring all clubs with a view for the FFP rules coming in force.

We also keep tracking the transfer budget Hristov promised would be reinvested straight in the squad. 90% of the transfer fee for James Tavernier (610k pounds) has been added to the pot while the transfer fees for Alex Sandro (4.5 million pounds) and Eduardo Salvio (6.0 million pounds) have been deducted:

Newcastle transfer budget: -4.94m pounds (9.36m initial)

Caroline Wozniacki @CaroWozniacki what a tool @ Marseilles can -u---e 1m

Good deal! Glad to see Rodgers replacing Lucas with #EPL experience
#liverpool

Expand

Nice twist - it makes it very interesting! How did you manage to do that in-game, though? Did you just post the wrong budgets in this thread, or have you found another way to do it - lowering the wage budget, maybe? Anyway, like I said - great read, keep it up! I'll definitely be following this story closely.

Nice twist - it makes it very interesting! How did you manage to do that in-game, though? Did you just post the wrong budgets in this thread, or have you found another way to do it - lowering the wage budget, maybe? Anyway, like I said - great read, keep it up! I'll definitely be following this story closely.

I guess Mike Ashley will bring some clarity once he gets off that plane... if I am still around to keep you informed after that :)

This is very very good, one of the most detailed stories I've seen. Well done mate, keep it up. :)

This is very very good, one of the most detailed stories I've seen. Well done mate, keep it up. :)

Thanks, mate! I've a lot of things I want to put in there but we'll see how it goes once the season starts.

View attachment 455532

Liverpool turn to tireless Hammer to fill Lucas void
Mohamed Diame proud to join biggest club in England

View attachment 455527
Diame stands his ground in midfield

View attachment 455531
By Alan Hansen
10:22PM GMT 07 Aug 2013

Liverpool have made a strong bid to fill the void left at the team with the capture of West Ham tireless midfielder Mohamed Diame (26) for a bargain fee of 3.5 million pounds. Diame proved his Premier League worth with spells at the Hammers and Wigan. The Senegal international (15 caps) has incredible work rate and enforcing physical presence which allows him to bomb forward when given the opportunity.

View attachment 455452
Diame has an eye for goal

The player described the move as a dream come true and declared himself proud to join "the biggest club in England" - words undoubtedly aimed at the fans. Time will tell if this will be a match made in heaven but the signs are there to suggest Diame could be an influential player in Liverpool's midfield.

View attachment 455450View attachment 455449View attachment 455448
Diame compared to Lucas and competitors for DM Matuidi and Allen

Diame faces a stern task in replacing Lucas Leiva who was the unsung hero in Liverpool ranks before his move to Manchester City earlier this summer. He will also need to see off competition from fellow new signing Blaise Matuidi and Joe Allen - a fact that pleases Brendan Rodgers:

Reporter: Your squad is looking stronger in DM despite the disappointing loss of Lucas - the fans cannot wait to see Diame and Matuidi compete for a regular place in the starting team.
Brendan Rodgers: I relish that fight myself. Both of them are fine players and each will make the other one work harder. But they are also different and can bring something of their own when on the pitch.
Reporter: Pundits are already suggesting Momo can be your Yaya. Would you give him license to go forward or you intend to use him strictly as a physical shield in front of the back four?
Brendan Rodgers: That depends on the opposition. I know he can hurt teams when the ball is at his feet and there is nobody to block his move for ten feet or so. That's something we will need to manage, when to go forward and when to pass it.
Reporter: Once again you have proven you don't need to spend 15 or 20 million to buy genuine Premier League quality. You must be pleased with your efficiency on the market given how other clubs have spiraled out of control?
Brendan Rodgers: Well I am a lucky person - I didn't need to dig in the wing back market. Read somewhere it is much tighter and expensive.

Mohamed Diame transfer verdict: 8.5/10 - quality capture for Brendan Rodgers as he boosts Liverpool ranks and creates positive atmosphere around the club for what could be the steal of the season.

Hugh Laurie @hughlaurie what a tool @ Marseilles can -u--------------e 1m

Reports emerging Arsenal are wrapping up a striker signing. Awaiting
confirmation from Wenger. Exciting times!

Expand

Not the striker Arsenal fans expected
Wenger goes for youth again

View attachment 455328
Sol Campbell
The Guardian
, Thursday 8 August 2013

Despite suggestions a new era of heavy spending is set to begin, Arsenal once again neglected the opportunity to flex financial muscle when addressing key areas at the squad. Instead of going for Karim Benzema or another top name striker, Wenger focused on youth again as the club announced the signing of Dutch U21 striker Richairo Zivkovic (16) from FC Groningen for just 575k pounds. Zivkovic is very far from the finished article as he has only managed six games for the Dutch club since his breakthrough two seasons ago.​

View attachment 455326
Richairo hoping to become one of the greats

The teenager was visibly excited at sealing his dream move to the Premier League but he is certainly one for the future. He becomes the second young striker to join the ranks after the arrival of Yaya Sanogo earlier this summer. Sanogo should be much closer to starting games though as there is an obvious gulf in current ability:

View attachment 455325
Zivkovic way behind Sanogo

Question remains whether Arsenal will be able to complement the Mesut Ozil transfer with another move for an established player now that Wenger has money to spend. The longest serving Premier League manager appeared comfortable despite the fact there are only three weeks left before the window shuts:

Reporter: The fans are underwhelmed at this announcement, Mr. Wenger. You should have seen the buzz in the social networks when news broke out you are about to sign a striker...
Arsene Wenger: I am not on the market to please the social networks and the fans should be patient. I have already stated that despite the improved financial situation we will remain faithful to our well established policy and there is nothing to add to that for the time being. Richairo is a player we expect to see a lot from in years to come so we decided we want to see it in an Arsenal shirt rather than somewhere else.
Reporter: That may well be the case in four or five years but what about the more immediate future? Will you answer the prayers of millions Gooner fans throughout the world and break the bank for a top striker?
Arsene Wenger: We are not in the market to overspend. The fact we can finance a big deal doesn't mean we will do it for the sake of it. All this hype isn't helping as any club expect us to pay over the odds now the minute we come knocking at their door.
Reporter: Aren't you concerned this cautious approach may haunt you as a number of clubs have undeniably reinforced their squads greatly? Even Liverpool have done so without spending as big as you are uncomfortable to go?
Arsene Wenger: I believe in the model we have set here and carry the responsibility for it to be successful. That's all I can say right now.

Thing Wenger needs to realize is there is no excuse for not investing in the highest tier of players available anymore. Top players cost a fortune regardless of your spending power and he should know that. Looking for a bargain includes a major degree of risk which we as a club must be able to avoid from now on.

Richairo Zivkovic transfer verdict: 4.5/10 - another youngster on the cheap, what a surprise. If things go as the fans would hope them to, by the time this lad gets to show his potential he should find it very hard to break in the first team.

Another typical Wenger signing, although he's been spending big in my save.

Piers Morgan @piersmorgan what a tool @ Marseilles can youiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie 1m

Some scouting work for Wenger: Falcao, Benzema, Rossi, Benteke - these
are players to buy #Arsenal

Expand

Piers Morgan @piersmorgan what a tool @ Marseilles can youiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie 1m

On another note here's a more realistic list: Ljajic, Jese, Lukaku #Arsenal

Expand

Cheryl Cole @CherylCole what a tool @ Marseilles can you beiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie 1m

Reports Ashley is back at Tyneside! Big news coming up #nufc

Expand

Wind of change blows at Newcastle as Mike Ashley provides an explanation

August , 2013

By Kevin Keegan

An air of uncertainty was surrounding Saint James' Park over the past week. New power brokers Joe Kinnear and Dimiter Hristov went all out on massive spending and somehow exceeded the transfer budget at their disposal after a number of expensive signings were sanctioned. Fees in excess of 105 million pounds have been paid or will be due over the next 48 months as the duo brought in no less than 10 new players. The staggering figure of 56 million went on three fullbacks despite the fact established players like Debuchy and Santon were already at the club. Fans and pundits are still at loss how that was allowed to happen and what would follow once the owner Mike Ashley, reportedly unaware of the situation while on a business trip to Sierra Leone, returns to the North East.

View attachment 455299
Ashley lands in Newcastle

The Newcastle owner is a maverick and highly controversial figure and divided opinions with a number of bizarre or completely insane decisions over the past several years. One thing cannot be disputed - he is a top businessman and the duo he trusted to run Newcastle harmed the club's finances in a way literally beyond comprehension. Ashley returned to the city today and a series of high-profile meetings were held in order to clarify the situation before he could make a decision how to proceed. The Sports Direct owner virtually avoids speaking to the press but chose to make an exception given the extraordinary circumstances:

Reporter: What happened at Newcastle, Mr. Ashley?
Mike Ashley: You mean the overspending that got such ill reports in the press.
Reporter: It was certainly something we didn't expect to see from your club and something we know you weren't aware was happening.
Mike Ashley: I had sanctioned a budget and was assured any incoming player deals will be funded by the sales. Your information is generally correct.
Reporter: As a largely successful businessman I don't have to explain the question we have here is layered so allow me to break it down for the readers.
Mike Ashley: Okay. Go ahead.
Reporter: Were you aware and did you approve the fact the budget was maximized by spreading the majority of the fees over the next four years? The club made payments around the figure of 47 million pounds although additional 58 million pounds will be due to various clubs and practically put a massive financial burden on Newcastle. That is exceptionally untypical considering the sound transfer policy you had in place in recent years.
Mike Ashley: Considering the players we sold I expected the total figure to sit at around 40 million pounds. Everything extra was in excess.
Reporter: Are you saying the club spent two and a half times over what you as an owner sanctioned?
Mike Ashley: That is a correct estimation.
Reporter: The second part of the question is even more confusing. On top of those monstrous figures the club somehow exceeded the budget available. Which means money was spent that literally wasn't there. How was that even possible?
Mike Ashley: We have tracked the problem down to the day team bonuses were determined. The manager had asked for the transfer budget money to be fully converted to the wage budget in order to allow better clause flexibility during contract negotiations. The team bonuses should have been deducted from the transfer budget figure but it duplicated the budget instead.

View attachment 455292
Revealed: team bonus gaffe the poison apple

Reporter: You have me confused here. I know it hurts but would you please explain further:
Mike Ashley: Let's say there was 10 million pounds transfer budget and 200k wage budget in the morning. The 10 million was moved to the wage budget driving it up to 300k. At the time the team bonuses were determined the transfer budget should have been deducted by say 1 million but as it wasn't there the opposite happened and 9 million was added instead. We went through the accounts and the wage budget was not decreased that day. It was drained at a much later stage allowing the additional deals to be finalized. These figures are exemplary but that is the mechanism.

While I didn't expect the man who sold James Milner when I asked him for new players to have sanctioned all those huge transfers, this indeed is a monumental mistake. It sounds shocking but we must remember this is the man who bought the club without proper due diligence to discover the true financial state after the deal was finalized. Even then it is hard to perceive how this could be overlooked. Ashley was at a loss, too, while the question of who is actually to be held responsible arose:

Reporter: So it was an accountancy mistake? How wasn't anybody able to track it down before those moves were finalized?
Mike Ashley: It seems both the director of football and the manager were overly occupied with extensive negotiations with a large number of players and agents and worked under heavy pressure to agree the deals. Joe Kinnear is completely shattered at what happened and said he just kept trying to close every deal before moving on to the next one, the total spending completely went off his mind.
Reporter: Will you be able to repair that mistake somehow?
Mike Ashley: No. The contracts were signed and we will damage the club finances much more if we backtrack on any of them at this point. We cannot even reverse the accounts and deplete the current transfer budget so money will have to be pumped in from somewhere else.
Reporter: Are you saying there is further budget available on transfers?!
Mike Ashley: As strange as it may sound, yes. Although the figure is nowhere near what has been already spent. There is around 50,000 wage budget available and 1.79 million left in the transfer budget account. The big transfers are officially over.
Reporter: There must be consequences after such a tremendous gaffe. What actions will be taken?
Mike Ashley: A change of staff is in place. As of today Joe Kinnear is stepping down as Newcastle United Director of football to be replaced by Damien Comolli. Joe admitted he is completely battered by the hectic two months and could not resume his duties. The entire financial department have been relieved of their duties pending legal action if our team of lawyers can confirm they are to be held accountable in terms of law.

View attachment 455288
Damien Comolli replaces Kinnear as Magpies DoF

Reporter: What about the manager?
Mike Ashley: The issue with Mr. Hristov is more complicated. There is a large group of new players who were signed according to his vision. I had a personal chat with a couple managers and they assured me the current team is heavily imbalanced and any other manager would request additional transfers to be made. This is something we cannot afford given the outlay over the next four years. To put it simple, the negatives of a managerial change at this stage heavily outweigh the positives.
Reporter: Are you suggesting Hristov will remain as Newcastle United manager?
Mike Ashley: For the time being, yes. He has taken certain commitments over the level of performance of the team and will be judged accordingly throughout the season.
Reporter: In other words should the young and inexperienced manager fail to drive the club to a league position that would cover the financial losses he will become expendable.
Mike Ashley: Your words, not mine.

Perhaps the audience is still unaware of several pieces of speculation that have gone viral over the past hour. Sticking these together will allow us to judge the situation much better. Word has it Hristov never forgave Joe Kinnear for getting his name wrong in the notorious press conference when he was introduced as Newcastle manager. Apart from that reports have emerged the young Bulgarian has had a close work relationship with Comolli during his career as football agents consultant. The former Tottenham and Liverpool DoF has been spotted watching numerous players Newcastle already signed this summer. The unlikely but possible scenario is Comolli aided Hristov on the spending spree while a pact was in place to oust Joe Kinnear from the club and appoint Comolli in the vacated position. The Bonusgate affair was manufactured for the purpose and Kinnear went straight in that trap. What was the cost of that plot though? Ashley went on to explain:

Reporter: What would make up for such a massive unpredicted expenses?
Mike Ashley: Qualification to the Champions League group stages.
Reporter: The fans are more concerned with what would happen with the club should that fail to happen?
Mike Ashley: The implications would be severe. No new players over the next four seasons. Additional player sales to cover the current losses. We may even find ourselves in a situation we have to sell one of the newly acquired players for a cut price while we still owe a larger financial package for the same player through monthly installments.

View attachment 455284
Hristov and Comolli in for a high-stakes game of poker

Reporter: So the club is basically desperate for Hristov to succeed?
Mike Ashley: The sad reality is from financial perspective this would merely justify covering the cracks rather than represent genuine success. A more proper way to phrase it would be "failure is not an option".
Reporter: Sounds like Hristov is in for a high-stakes game of poker.
Mike Ashley: If the Newcastle fans are comfortable with the club being the stake in this metaphor, yes.

Hristov certainly impresses with having the nerve to mess with the big players and stand his ground there. I guess fans, pundits and Ashley were all staggered to realize he is by no means the Yes-man all thought he would be. You have to be bold to stand a chance of survival at this level although I don't think the fans will ever forgive him tying his own success or failure with the very future of Newcastle.

Reporter: There is one final thing we need to clarify here. A little earlier you mentioned the funds spent over the budget will need to be taken from somewhere else. Does this mean you will pump more of your own money into the coffers?
Mike Ashley: If you mean another loan-free interest, I can't do that. We need to keep in mind the impending FFP rules - now more than ever as we simply cannot afford to risk any potential European ban. The money has to come from within the club's own finances. The most rational approach was to enforce the shareholders to cover for that difference. So practically yes, I will pump some of my money into the club in my quality of a shareholder.
Reporter: There were rumors you have discussed selling the club training grounds or the youth academy to avoid mugging money from the shareholders...
Mike Ashley: The topic was covered although the perspective was entirely different. To get to the shareholders we needed to lock the assets as some of them preferred to see the facilities sold rather than pay. We made sure any facilities were unsellable at the current point by sanctioning further outlay on improving them - money that will also be taken from the shareholders.
Reporter: Sounds like the fans will have at least a little something to cheer for in a day so dominated by bad news.

View attachment 455280
View attachment 455279
Comolli in action at Newcastle

A club source informed me the idea of blocking a potential facility sale by opening construction works on them came from none other than Damien Comolli. One thing Ashley did not cover in this interview was Comolli also sanctioned a feeder club link with Belgian Westerlo - a name with striking resemblance to none other than the place where Napoleon was defeated by the armies of the Seventh Coalition. It seems Hristov and Comolli have engaged a war of no lesser magnitude turning Newcastle into their Waterloo. Whether they win it or lose it I pray to the Lord they don't erase the battlefield to the ground.

A quick update on the transfer budget Hristov and Comolli have at their disposal as confirmed by Newcastle owner Mike Ashley:
Newcastle transfer budget: 1.79m pounds (9.36m initial)

Excellent read, I;ve started 3 game in FM so far this year and CIty have always bought Lucas and Tello in preseason :)

Leonardo DiCaprio @LeoDiCaprio what a tool @ Marseilles can youiiiilieve 1m

Excellent work from Rodgers, Dutch international and the wings are sorted for
the season #liverpool

Expand