Blasphemy! Seven clubs lock horns for the title after sir Alex Ferguson's retirement!

• Thread starter Thread starter KevinHann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 373K
View attachment 501733

Arsenal
buy fullback Filipe (29) from Atletico Madrid for 13.75 million pounds
View attachment 419259

Manchester United sign fullback Kyle Walker (24) from Tottenham for 19.5 million pounds
View attachment 419258

Manchester City sell winger Cristian Tello (23) to AS Monaco for 12.5 million pounds
View attachment 419257

Tottenham buy fullback Stephan Lichtsteiner (30) from Juventus for 8.75 million pounds
View attachment 419256

Tottenham buy fullback Nathaniel Clyne (23) from Southampton for 7.5 million pounds
View attachment 419255

Chelsea sign center back Juan Manuel Mari (16) from Valencia for 3.0 million pounds
View attachment 419253

Newcastle send midfielder Pero Sunara (17) on loan to West Brom for 115k pounds p/m
View attachment 419251

Transfer Market is now CLOSED!

Important Message

All summer transfers concluded after the start of the season have now been included in the 2014/15 team squad posts located at page 58 of the thread.

On page 6 and I just want to say that this story has been brilliant so far and the detail and hard work you have put in is incredible keep it up!

Congrats on an excellent first season, KIU!

Didn't notice that Croatian regen before, he looks world-class!

On page 6 and I just want to say that this story has been brilliant so far and the detail and hard work you have put in is incredible keep it up!

Thank you, mate! Hope you enjoy it beyond page 6 :)

Congrats on an excellent first season, KIU!

Didn't notice that Croatian regen before, he looks world-class!

It's not just him, mate - I love all the regens I snapped up, Grimm even more because it was a bit of a chase and I was beginning to fear I might lose out on him.

View attachment 502086
View attachment 419085
Transfer Window Aftermath

Gary Lineker: Hello and welcome to our Transfer Window Aftermath program. The dust is already settling down and emotions are calming so we can now analyze what really happened with our team of pundits. How are our title contenders situated when the gong signaled the end of transfers at least until January? Did they get what they needed or it will be a struggle when injuries and fatigue strike? As usual we will begin with media predicted top contender Manchester United. Gary, Roy?

View attachment 419084
Gary Neville: Hello! What David Moyes did this summer was address some long-standing issues like the central midfield problem and signing a quality fullback. On top of it the Red Devils managed to pull a real coup with the transfer of Gareth Bale to signal they are still financially capable in the era of megaspenging Citizens and Chelsea. There is sufficient cover in all areas now and the club can concentrate solely on the pitch.​
Roy Keane: The Red Devils aimed at quality rather than quality as David Moyes added three first team players to the fold. The net spend at Manchester United was 57.64 million pounds.
Gary Lineker: Thank you, Gary, Roy. Let's see if there was more noise with the Blue half of Manchester. Lee?Lee Dixon: Hello! As we already know, Manchester City did some splendid business this summer to back new manager Jurgen Klopp. I personally feel the club could have used an additional center back and a fullback just to provide squad depth but Klopp is famous for integrating academy players in the first team so perhaps that wasn't needed at this stage. In general the Citizens were very active this window. Jurgen Klopp added six new first team players to the fold. The net spend at Manchester City was 184.71 million pounds.
Gary Lineker: Thank you, Lee. For the next part of our review we will have to move to London... Ray, Tony?

Ray Wilkins: Hello! It was a very, very eventful window for Chelsea and I think they did the best of all contenders. The squad is exactly as Jose likes it - brimming with quality and numbers - and I wonder how he is going to keep all those players at least satisfied with their role in the team. There were massive additions in nearly all areas, including a superstar signing for the wings and a top-notch natural goalscorer to finally replace Drogba. Credit to the board!
Tony Cascarino: In general the Blues were very aggressive in the market this window. Jose Mourinho signed seven first team players. The net spend at Chelsea was 165.78 million pounds.
Gary Lineker: Happy days at Stamford Bridge then. Let's see how the reigning champions did up in the North East. Kevin, Rob?

Rob Lee: We are here at Saint James' Park, Gary, and what I can say is Hristov did exactly as promised by upgrading on a couple positions and increasing the group by one or two. My only minor worry for the squad is we would seriously struggle should Tim Krul get an injury. Other than that we look stronger as an unit than last season.
Kevin Keegan: Unlike last summer, the Magpies were quick to wrap up all their moves early and never returned to the market. Dimiter Hristov brought in four new players. The net spend at Newcastle was 90.79 million pounds - most of which was spread over the next four years to make it financially possible.
Gary Lineker: That's still more than they spent last summer though! From the champions to those who barely failed and are expected to do the same yet again, let's take a look to North London... From White Hart Lane, Terry, David?

Terry Venables: Hi! Spurs did well on the market and added quality and numbers on the flanks in both defense and offense, plus a quality striker up front. The team seems balanced and adequate in terms of numbers now.
David Pleat: In general Spurs were strategic on the market and Andre Villas-Boas brought in five new first team players. The net spend at Tottenham was 36.68 million pounds which doesn't quite place them in the same bracket as the top spenders but is still a big investment for this board.
Gary Lineker: Sounds like Spurs can look forward to the season then! Let's see what their arch-rivals did across North Longon - Alan, Sol?

Alan Smith: Thank you, Gary! The Gunners enjoyed a big summer of restructuring after the massive failure last season. Wenger saw a number of first team players leave but replaced them well and the team has good depth. Looking at the other contenders though I feel we are lacking in terms of quality, especially up front.
Sol Campbell: The Gunners were the most active title contender bringing in a total of nine new first team players. The net spend at Arsenal was 65.71 million pounds. Gary?

View attachment 419075
Gary Lineker: That is all from our watch of how the title contenders did in the summer transfer market. At the end of our broadcast let's take a look at how all clubs fared in terms of spending:

[TABLE="width: 700, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD]Spend Rank[/TD]
[TD]Media Pred.[/TD]
[TD]Club[/TD]
[TD]Total Spent[/TD]
[TD]Total Received[/TD]
[TD]Net Spent[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]1.[/TD]
[TD]2nd[/TD]
[TD]Manchester City[/TD]
[TD]216.0[/TD]
[TD]31.29[/TD]
[TD]184.71[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2.[/TD]
[TD]3rd[/TD]
[TD]Chelsea[/TD]
[TD]184.0[/TD]
[TD]18.22[/TD]
[TD]165.78[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]3.[/TD]
[TD]4th[/TD]
[TD]Newcastle[/TD]
[TD]132.0[/TD]
[TD]41.21[/TD]
[TD]90.79[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]4.[/TD]
[TD]6th[/TD]
[TD]Arsenal[/TD]
[TD]99.65[/TD]
[TD]33.94[/TD]
[TD]65.71[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]5.[/TD]
[TD]1st[/TD]
[TD]Manchester United[/TD]
[TD]115.0[/TD]
[TD]57.36[/TD]
[TD]57.64[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]6.[/TD]
[TD]5th[/TD]
[TD]Tottenham[/TD]
[TD]85.42[/TD]
[TD]48.74[/TD]
[TD]36.68[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]7.[/TD]
[TD]8th[/TD]
[TD]Southampton[/TD]
[TD]47.03[/TD]
[TD]16.55[/TD]
[TD]30.48[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]8.[/TD]
[TD]9th[/TD]
[TD]Swansea[/TD]
[TD]32.2[/TD]
[TD]7.9[/TD]
[TD]24.3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]9.[/TD]
[TD]11th[/TD]
[TD]Fulham[/TD]
[TD]23.93[/TD]
[TD]1.37[/TD]
[TD]22.56[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]10.[/TD]
[TD]18th[/TD]
[TD]Crystal Palace[/TD]
[TD]16.8[/TD]
[TD]3.01[/TD]
[TD]13.79[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]11.[/TD]
[TD]17th[/TD]
[TD]Hull[/TD]
[TD]12.91[/TD]
[TD]2.83[/TD]
[TD]10.08[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]12.[/TD]
[TD]20th[/TD]
[TD]Brighton[/TD]
[TD]10.03[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]10.03[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13.[/TD]
[TD]19th[/TD]
[TD]Nottingham Forest[/TD]
[TD]10.52[/TD]
[TD]1.57[/TD]
[TD]8.95[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]14.[/TD]
[TD]12th[/TD]
[TD]Stoke[/TD]
[TD]15.62[/TD]
[TD]9.01[/TD]
[TD]6.61[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]15.[/TD]
[TD]16th[/TD]
[TD]Cardiff[/TD]
[TD]9.4[/TD]
[TD]4.05[/TD]
[TD]5.35[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]16.[/TD]
[TD]14th[/TD]
[TD]Queens Park Rangers[/TD]
[TD]10.53[/TD]
[TD]7.28[/TD]
[TD]3.25[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]17.[/TD]
[TD]13th[/TD]
[TD]West Ham[/TD]
[TD]3.3[/TD]
[TD]1.56[/TD]
[TD]1.74[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]18.[/TD]
[TD]15th[/TD]
[TD]Sunderland[/TD]
[TD]0.9[/TD]
[TD]3.25[/TD]
[TD]-2.35[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]19.[/TD]
[TD]10th[/TD]
[TD]Aston Villa[/TD]
[TD]8.45[/TD]
[TD]13.8[/TD]
[TD]-5.35[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]20.[/TD]
[TD]7th[/TD]
[TD]Everton[/TD]
[TD]1.7[/TD]
[TD]16.85[/TD]
[TD]-15.15[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

View attachment 419026

Premier League predictions: Lawro v Usain Bolt

BBC Sport's football expert Mark Lawrenson is pitting his wits against a different guest each week this season.

This week he takes on Manchester United fan Usain Bolt - the Jamaican superstar sprinter widely regarded as the fastest person ever.

View attachment 419025
Lawro vs Manchester United fan Usain

A correct result is worth ONE point. A correct score earns THREE points.

Tottenham - Manchester City
Usain Bolt: This is a perfect game to see our rivals drop points - 2-2.
Mark Lawrenson: I like Spurs but the Citizens are just a different class and will edge it. 1-2.

Nottingham Forest - Newcastle
Usain Bolt: Not a bad place for Newcastle to drop some points - 1-1.
Mark Lawrenson: It will be too hard for Forest to get anything even at home against the reigning champions. 0-3.

Chelsea - Brighton
Usain Bolt: This can only go one way - 3-0.
Mark Lawrenson: I will second that, Brighton have no chance here. 4-0.

Manchester United - Hull
Usain Bolt: Those are the games we must win comfortably and I expect us to do just so. 4-0.
Mark Lawrenson: It might be tougher than the Red Devils think but I can't see Hull taking any points here. 3-1.

Sunderland - Arsenal
Usain Bolt: The Gunners are going well so far and it should continue - 0-2.
Mark Lawrenson: I expect Arsenal do lose pace at some point. 2-2.

Last week, Lawro got one results right, with no perfect scores. His score of 1 was a perfect match for the predictions of Tottenham fan Phil Collins, who also managed one correct result with no perfect scores.

Total scores after Week Three
Lawro: 13
Guests: 9

View attachment 419023
Premier League
Round 4

Saturday 13th September 2014:

Tottenham - Manchester City 1-2
Soldado (57); Nasri (2), Vidal (68)

View attachment 419022View attachment 419021View attachment 419020

Nottingham Forest - Newcastle 0-3
Pearce sent off (36); Sissoko (5), Donovan (pen 37, pen 64)
View attachment 419019View attachment 419018

Chelsea
- Brighton
2-0
Lukaku (49), Ream o.g. (64)
View attachment 419017View attachment 419016

Manchester United - Hull 3-0
Rooney (pen 25), Bale (57), Nani (77)
View attachment 419015View attachment 419014

Monday 15th September 2014:

Sunderland - Arsenal 1-3
Fletcher (17); Vela (2), Vermaelen (68), Filipe (82)
View attachment 419013View attachment 419012

League Table:

View attachment 419024

Gary Lineker: Good evening and welcome to Match of the Day for our thoughts on the 2014/15 Premier League season! It seems the race will be as tight as ever this time around and as we all know it is those direct 6-pointer clashes that play a decisive part in deciding who will fly and who will fall. For this reason we will be focusing solely on those giant games in Match of the Day. Stay with us as Alan Hansen and Alan Shearer aid me on analyzing the key aspects of what happened and why it happened for you!

Tottenham - Manchester City
1-2
View attachment 419009

Gary Lineker: The Citizens concluded the transfer window on top of the net spent charts and were expected to put that to use in games like the one at White Hart Lane. Spurs also invested big and had their hopes of taking something from the match. The visitors enjoyed an explosive start as Samir Nasri capped a wonderful opening move to give them the lead with just two minutes gone. The Citizens were all over their hosts in these first minutes but then suffered a blow as new arrival Adil Rami had to come off with an injury in the eighth minute. Spurs held on till the half time whistle even though possession and chances didn't go their way. They started the second half brightly though and created a couple of chances which was enough for Roberto Soldado to equalize just before the hour mark. It was all Manchester City from that point on and the away side managed to claw the win with a beautiful strike from Arturo Vidal.
Alan Hansen: With both managers employing identical formations it was always down to individual duels to decide the outcome and Spurs were visibly outclassed by their visitors. Manchester City dominated all components of the game except for the aerial fight which was probably essential for Spurs as there were plenty of corners for the Citizens and the scoreline could have been different. It now suggests a close game and it was pretty one-sided affair.
Alan Shearer: I feel Tottenham's fullbacks were the weak links as they simply couldn't cope with their men on the wings and even Andre Villas-Boas noticed that as both Clyne and Rose were substituted. On the other hand Chiriches was a rock at the heart of defense and the home fans have to thank him and Dawson for keeping the score in respectable figures. The Citizens demonstrated the amount of class in their side as superstars Ronaldo and Aguero both had an off day but it didn't prevent them from winning. Alaba was exceptional once again and David Silva ran the show, created a goal and deservedly picked up the PoM award.
Gary Lineker: City are now picking up pace and it will be interesting to see if anyone can stop them. It was a heartbreak for the outclassed Spurs and their first loss for the season but it's early days and they can make up for it.

English Title Contenders European Watch
View attachment 419008

Tuesday 16th September 2014:

Group A
View attachment 419000

Galatasaray - Olympique Lyonnais 1-1

Chelsea - Celtic 2-0
Lukaku (57), Hazard (77)

View attachment 418994View attachment 418992

Group D
View attachment 418999

Anderlecht - A.C. Milan 2-2

Real Madrid - Newcastle 2-3
Insigne (59), Benzema (72); Suarez (4), Baines (pen 28, pen 45+2), Anita sent off (53)
View attachment 418997View attachment 418995

Wednesday 17th September 2014:

Group F
View attachment 418984

Viktoria Plzen - Atletico Madrid 2-0

Zenit - Manchester United 1-2
Danny (90+2); Carrick (47), Rooney (60)
View attachment 418981View attachment 418980

Group G
View attachment 418983

Feyenoord - Paris Saint-Germain 3-2

Manchester City - FC Bayern 3-2

Ronaldo (11, 74), Kompany (13); Muller (17), Gotze (32)

View attachment 418979View attachment 418978

View attachment 419007

Thursday 18th September 2014:

Group E
View attachment 418977

Stromsgodset - Panathinaikos 0-1

Tottenham - Sporting Lisbon 3-0
Ayew (8, 80), Vertonghen (77)
View attachment 418976View attachment 418975

View attachment 418974

Premier League predictions: Lawro v Leonardo DiCaprio

BBC Sport's football expert Mark Lawrenson is pitting his wits against a different guest each week this season.

This week he takes on Hollywood superstar actor, producer and Liverpool fan Leonardo DiCaprio who has been nominated for three Academy Awards and nine Golden Globe Awards. DiCaprio won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor for his performance in The Aviator.

View attachment 418973
Lawro vs Liverpool fan Leo

A correct result is worth ONE point. A correct score earns THREE points.

Arsenal - Chelsea
Leonardo DiCaprio: Can't really separate those two, can you? 1-1.
Mark Lawrenson: It's a title contender derby, a London derby and a game both teams primarily don't want to lose. Recipe for disaster for Arsenal. 1-2.

Manchester United - Sunderland
Leonardo DiCaprio: I'd love to see them fail but can't. 3-0.
Mark Lawrenson: I also thing the Red Devils will be too good for Sunderland, especially at home. 3-1.

Hull - Manchester City
Leonardo DiCaprio: I'll go for a surprise here. Everyone is expecting City to win, if it gets in their heads they become complacent, 1-1.
Mark Lawrenson: Can't even imagine anything different than a visitors win here, 0-3.

Newcastle - Tottenham
Leonardo DiCaprio: This one sounds even to me, 2-2.
Mark Lawrenson: I'll go for a Newcastle win, didn't like how Spurs seemed in a big game last week and this one is away from home. 3-1.

Last week, Lawro got four results right, with two perfect scores. His score of 8 completely blew out of the water the predictions of Manchester United fan Usain Bolt, who managed three correct results with no perfect scores.

Total scores after Week Four
Lawro: 21
Guests: 12

Brilliant series as always, KH. Will you be covering Liverpool if they bounce back?

Brilliant series as always, KH. Will you be covering Liverpool if they bounce back?

Thanks! As for Liverpool - depends how far off they would be in the media predictions set. I would gladly switch them on if they were back in with a shout. Why?

Just curious on how Real Madrid's doing. Can you post their current squad and what did they achieve last season ? because it seems that they have sold all of their stars :/ wonder why

View attachment 418967
Premier League
Round 5

Saturday 20th September 2014:

Arsenal - Chelsea 2-2
Vela (36), Wilshere (52); Falcao (46, 89)
View attachment 418966View attachment 418965View attachment 418964

Manchester United - Sunderland 3-0
Hernandez (11, pen 57, pen 79)
View attachment 418963View attachment 418962

Hull - Manchester City 2-2
Kompany o.g. (6), Aspas (pen 86); Zabaleta (27), Ronaldo (pen 81)
View attachment 418961View attachment 418960

Sunday 21st September 2014:

Newcastle - Tottenham 2-0
Remy (49), Suarez (75)
View attachment 418959View attachment 418958View attachment 418957

League Table:
View attachment 418956

Just curious on how Real Madrid's doing. Can you post their current squad and what did they achieve last season ? because it seems that they have sold all of their stars :/ wonder why

Sorry, mate, only have the Premier League loaded. Real came second in Primera last season after Barcelona and won the Spanish Cup, that's all I can see about them. By the way the only players they sold were those who went in the contenders I watch, but curiously they didn't sign anyone to replace them this summer! Here are some screenies about their team:

View attachment 418955View attachment 418954

Gary Lineker: Good evening and welcome to Match of the Day for our thoughts on the 2014/15 Premier League season! It seems the race will be as tight as ever this time around and as we all know it is those direct 6-pointer clashes that play a decisive part in deciding who will fly and who will fall. For this reason we will be focusing solely on those giant games in Match of the Day. Stay with us as Alan Hansen and Alan Shearer aid me on analyzing the key aspects of what happened and why it happened for you!

Arsenal - Chelsea
2-2

View attachment 418951

Gary Lineker: The Gunners entered this contenders clash with the confidence of league leaders knowing they could afford a strategic draw. The pressure to get a win was on Jose Mourinho's Chelsea even though at this stage of the season the famous manager also emphasizes on security rather than aggressively pursuing points. The Blues were happy to play on the counter, giving possession at the home side's hands and were to be punished for this - Carlos Vela scored the only first half goal to give Arsenal the lead. Chelsea came back storming after the break and the Gunners will moan their lack of concentration as their lead was immediately canceled by Falcao. Instead of using the psychological advantage to gain momentum in the game, the Blues retreated in their own half and soon Jack Wilshere gave Arsenal the lead again. In any other game this would have been enough to seal a win and three vital points but Mourinho's teams never give up and Chelsea scraped a late equalizer through Falcao again, final score 2-2.
Alan Hansen: I would like to clarify Chelsea weren't that toothless though, Gary. It was more because of luck and wastefulness that their game plan failed rather than chasing a dull draw. The Blues did allow the hosts to have more of the ball but were extremely dangerous on the break and had the majority of chances. They registered 11 shots on goal to Arsenal's 4 and I think both sides will be more disappointed with the two points dropped than what was gained here.
Alan Shearer: I'll back that up by highlighting the importance of Szczesny in Arsenal goal this game. He made a string of key saves to deny Chelsea. Filipe had a tremendous game as well, but Wilshere ran the show in midfield and nearly everything dangerous went through Vela. Giroud was disappointing failing to aim any of his four shots on target. As for Chelsea it was all about Falcao and it only underlines how much they needed a top striker since Drogba left - two goals, the PoM award and single-handedly earning a point for his team when all seemed lost. Their offensive players created plenty but also failed miserably with the final touch so I can't highlight anyone else.
Gary Lineker: These two cannot afford to dwell on negative emotions after this game. It was a point won where easily could have been a loss and it does help both clubs establish themselves near the top. Arsenal lost their first position in the current table but should draw confidence they can cut it with the best.

Newcastle - Tottenham
2-0

View attachment 418947

Gary Lineker: Newcastle entertained Spurs immediately after a glorious winning return to the Champions League at Santiago Bernabeu, even though they had to fight for their lives at the end after a second Anita booking left them exposed and at the brink of collapsing a three-goal lead. But I think winning 3-2 there did more for their confidence than a 3-0 would have. In the same time Spurs arrived at Saint James' Park aware losing a second consecutive title contender derby would put a serious dent in their ambitions for the season. Newcastle understandably started more brightly but suffered a blow before even ten minutes had passed with wing back Alex Sandro stretched off with an injury. It affected the game and as Spurs were unwilling to take any risks the first half ended with a dull 0-0 draw. The Magpies came back reinvigorated after the break and immediately took the lead with an excellent Loic Remy goal. Spurs never recovered after that and were there for the taking. Remy hit the bar twice and Luiz Suarez bagged his first league goal for the Magpies in his Premier League debut for the team with a wonderful rebound on a volley. Despite this comfortable win Newcastle will be left sweating as a second wing back - Mathieu Debuchy, limped off with an injury.
Alan Hansen: Newcastle totally dominated this game thanks to their mobility throughout the team - there were constantly players on the run for them, and Sissoko utilized his physical presence in a great manner to compensate for a lack of numbers in midfield. Spurs gave them a battle - they prevailed in both tackling and heading duels, but were ultimately unable to contain their hosts.
Alan Shearer: The only standout player for the visitors was Sandro, who gave his all to marshal the midfield area but his teammates failed him. Michael Dawson was so slow and clumsy that it was a pain watching him taken on by Suarez, Remy and Lamela time after time. Sadly Lamela couldn't deliver an end product to the numerous runs he had in the Spurs box. Suarez stole the headlines with a goal and assist but I personally liked Remy more as he was involved in nearly every dangerous situation for the Magpies.
Gary Lineker: The outcome of this game saw Newcastle return to the summit of the league on goal difference, while Spurs are dealt a big psychological blow and need to pick up fast before that crack opens wide into a big point gap to the top.

English Title Contenders Cup Watch
View attachment 418901

Third Round

Tuesday 23rd September 2014:

Newcastle - West Brom 5-3
Baines (22), Depay (26, 69), Januzaj (30), Cisse (63); Osman (34), Nabi (60, 86)
View attachment 418912View attachment 418911

Chelsea - Crystal Palace 0-0
Chelsea win 4-3 on penalties
View attachment 418909View attachment 418908

Leeds - Manchester City 0-3
Ronaldo (32, 44), Jovetic (44)
View attachment 418907View attachment 418906

Tottenham - Bournemouth 0-1
Mcquoid (42)
View attachment 418905View attachment 418904

Wednesday 24th September 2014:

Preston - Manchester United 0-3