Blasphemy! Seven clubs lock horns for the title after sir Alex Ferguson's retirement!

• Thread starter Thread starter KevinHann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 373K
View attachment 418898

Premier League predictions: Lawro v Simon Pegg

BBC Sport's football expert Mark Lawrenson is pitting his wits against a different guest each week this season.

This week he takes on English actor, comedian, writer, film producer, director and Chelsea fan Simon Pegg. He is best known for having co-written and starred in the Edgar Wright features Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and The World's End, and the comedy series Spaced.

View attachment 418897
Lawro vs Chelsea fan Simon

A correct result is worth ONE point. A correct score earns THREE points.

Arsenal - Manchester United
Simon Pegg: I don't say this because of prejudice, I just think this game has draw all over it - 2-2.
Mark Lawrenson: Arsenal denied me last week but I will go against them again, I like how the Red Devils look at the moment and the Gunners traditionally play poorly in this fixture. 1-3.

Newcastle - Cardiff
Simon Pegg: Easy win for the home side, sadly. 3-0.
Mark Lawrenson: I'll back the Magpies here as well but after the cup game midweek I think they will concede. 4-2.

Manchester City - Nottingham Forest
Simon Pegg: Do they allow this in the Premier League now, murder? 5-0.
Mark Lawrenson: Ha-ha, yes, I will back the Citizens for a big score, too. 4-1.

Everton - Chelsea
Simon Pegg: Of course you invite me when we have a tough game. Hope the fans aren't too disappointed but I will predict a draw for us here. 2-2.
Mark Lawrenson: And I think the Blues will win this one. 1-3.

Hull - Tottenham
Simon Pegg: Should be a routine back to winning ways game for Spurs. 0-2.
Mark Lawrenson: I don't see it so routine though. Hull held City to a draw last weekend and Spurs lost last two so let's say a draw here. 1-1.

Last week, Lawro got two results right, with no perfect scores. His score of 2 was not good enough to match the predictions of Liverpool fan Leonardo DiCaprio, who managed three correct results with one perfect score.

Total scores after Week Five
Lawro: 23
Guests: 17

View attachment 418893
Premier League
Round 6

Saturday 27th September 2014:

Arsenal - Manchester United 4-1
Giroud (27, pen 34, 83), Ramsey (31); Rooney (52)
View attachment 418889View attachment 418888View attachment 418887

Manchester City - Nottingham Forest 1-3
Alaba (10); Campbell (17, 33), *** (35)
View attachment 418885View attachment 418884

Everton - Chelsea 0-1
Distin o.g. (19)
View attachment 418883View attachment 418882

Newcastle - Cardiff 4-0
Alvarez Balanta (13), Suarez (29, 78), Remy (68); Taylor sent off (58)
View attachment 418881View attachment 418880

Monday 29th September 2014:

Hull - Tottenham 1-3
Aspas (53); Sandro (4), Soldado (27), Dawson (36)
View attachment 418877View attachment 418876

League Table:

View attachment 418892

Gary Lineker: Good evening and welcome to Match of the Day for our thoughts on the 2014/15 Premier League season! It seems the race will be as tight as ever this time around and as we all know it is those direct 6-pointer clashes that play a decisive part in deciding who will fly and who will fall. For this reason we will be focusing solely on those giant games in Match of the Day. Stay with us as Alan Hansen and Alan Shearer aid me on analyzing the key aspects of what happened and why it happened for you!

Arsenal - Manchester United
4-1

View attachment 418850

Gary Lineker: The Emirates hosted the latest edition of a truly classic rivalry. Manchester United arrived in London as heavy favourites and the Gunners were expected to be happy with a draw after securing exactly the same result a week ago against Chelsea. The opening twenty minutes were a bit cagey with neither side willing to take risks but then Arsenal switched up a gear and took the lead with a good Giroud strike. This goal left the visitors shell shocked and the Gunners took the initiative, looking to add further goals and put the game beyond reach. It was exactly what they did with Ramsey getting a second just four minutes later. Before David Moyes could change anything his players conceded a stupid penalty another three minutes further and Giroud bagged his second goal. The Red Devils tried to get back in contention after the break after Rooney pulled one back but were killed off by a fourth goal from the home side - Giroud completing his hattrick and the final score.
Alan Hansen: This game comes to show how important it is to take your chances in a very close encounter. Arsenal made the most of that first goal they got and wrapped it up comfortably when on a different day it could have gone either way. Looking at the stats David Moyes will have some motivational work to do as nothing really separated the two teams and the Red Devils even had the majority of chances.
Alan Shearer: The entire visiting team did poorly but the scraping goat will certainly be Fabio, who simply wasn't Premier League standard in this game. Man United were unlucky to see their most dangerous players Bale and Rooney pick up knocks which affected their performance as well. The entire Arsenal midfield should be given credit for picking up the tempo after the first goal and of course the standalone figure is hattrick hero and PoM Olivier Giroud.
Gary Lineker: This game fires Arsenal right up there with the title favourites and despite only being assigned marginal chance to challenge, the Gunners are now joint leaders with reigning champions Newcastle. They also remain unbeaten despite playing two contender derbies early in the season. The loss has harmed Manchester United though as they are four points below the top and will need to avoid dropping further points at all cost.

View attachment 418843

September Watch

View attachment 418837
Premier League Table

The Contenders:

Newcastle (1st; 16pts; +14) - the Magpies enjoy a great September by beating Spurs and returning to the top.
Player of the month: Hatem Ben Arfa (AMRC) 7.50
4 Current first team injuries:
Alex Sandro (WBL) - 3-4 weeks (broken arm)
Mathieu Debuchy (WBR) - 4 days (twisted knee)
Yohan Cabaye (DM/MC) - 2 days (concussion)
Eduardo Salvio (AMRL) - 2-4 weeks (dislocated shoulder)

Arsenal (2nd; 16pts; +10) - the Gunners remain unbeaten after home encounters with Chelsea and Man United picking up four points in those two which is enough to remain at the summit with only Newcastle ahead of them.
Player of the month: Thomas Vermaelen (DLC) 7.64
1 Current first team injury:
Filipe (D/WBL) - 3 days (flu)

Chelsea (3rd; 14pts; +8) - the Blues salvaged a late point away to Arsenal and notched a good away win in a close encounter away at Everton to stay just two points away from the top.
Player of the month: Willian (AMRLC) 7.46
0 Current first team injuries.

Manchester United
(5th; 12pts; +4) - the Red Devils suffer heavy defeat away at Arsenal and struggle to keep up the pace with a four point gap opened between them and the top.
Player of the month: Phil Jones (DRC/DM/MC) 7.54
2 Current first team injuries:
Jonny Evans (DLC) - 2-3 weeks (strained knee ligaments)
Gareth Bale (AMRLC) - 3-5 days (gashed leg)

Manchester City (7th; 11pts; +3) - the Citizens had a horrid month despite booking a win away to Spurs with a draw against Stoke and shock home defeat to Nottingham Forest bringing them down in the league table.
Player of the month: Cristiano Ronaldo (AMRL/ST) 7.98
3 Current first team injuries:
Matija Nastasic (DC) - 7-8 weeks (broken ankle)
Adil Rami (DC) - 3-8 days (broken wrist)
David Silva (MC/AMRLC) - 7-9 days (damaged elbow)

Tottenham (8th; 10pts; +1) - Spurs lost to both Man City and Newcastle this month which is exactly the difference to the top for them - six points.
Player of the month: Jan Vertonghen (DLC/DM) 7.66
5 Current first team injuries:
Younes Kaboul (DC) - 2-3 months (damaged achilles tendon)
Stephan Lichtsteiner (D/WB/MR) - 4-5 weeks (damaged spine)
Paulinho (DM/MC) - 5-8 days (gashed leg)
Mousa Dembele (M/AMC) - 3 months (torn hamstring)
Diego Costa (AMRC/ST) - 4 months (torn calf muscle)

Other teams to watch:

Southampton (4th) - the Saints are still unbeaten and deservedly find themselves in the top four with two months from the campaign gone!

Aston Villa (6th) - the Villains begin the season brightly to boost hopes of European qualification.

Crystal Palace, Sunderland and Hull occupy the bottom three but things are very tight down there and one good result can shuffle a lot of teams. Nevertheless Hull will be getting worried as they are the only team yet to win a game.

September Player of the Month:
Carlos Vela (Arsenal)
View attachment 418840

September Young Player of the Month:
Eder Alvarez Balanta (Newcastle)

View attachment 418841

September Manager of the Month:
Mauricio Pochettino (Southampton)
View attachment 418842

Leading Goalscorers:
View attachment 418838

Hristov signs new weird contract as Newcastle manager

View attachment 418809
Rob Lee
Published at 8:54AM, October 1 2014

The peculiar negotiations between Newcastle owner Mike Ashley and manager Dimiter Hristov have dragged into a second season with the Bulgarian refusing to commit to a long term deal with the club. Hristov has been using his always-about-to-expire contract as a leverage to boost the financial backing in the market. I won't be digging too deep in the political twists and behind the stages power struggle at Saint James' Park but fact is this will inevitably start to affect the first team at some point.

View attachment 418804
Dubious contract

Anyway the latest development is Hristov has renewed his contract, even though the new deal expires at the same date as the last one - at the end of the current season. The only significant changes are the manager gets a slight wage hike and Mike Ashley has agreed to release additional funds for the wage budget - which according to the Evening Chronicle accountant advisor would translate to increasing the transfer budget by approximately 6 million pounds - to a total of 10.0 million which will be available in January, should Hristov decide to use it.

Usain St. Leo Bolt @usainbolt what a tool @ Marseilles can youiiiilievmmme 1m

#ChampionsLeague
#mufc - Viktoria Plzen 2-0
Rooney (42), Hamsik (pen 58)

Expand

Liam Gallagher @liamgallagher what a tool @ Marseilles can you--iiiiiiiiiiiiiii 1m

#ChampionsLeague
Paris Saint-Germain - #mcfc 2-1
Ibrahimovic (2, 58); Ronaldo (65)
LGx

Expand

Sting @OfficialSting what a tool @ Marseilles can you beiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilieve 1m

#ChampionsLeague
#nufc - Anderlecht
Ben Arfa (88); Borart sent off (90+3)

Expand

Phil Collins @PhilCollinsFeed what a tool @ Marseilles can -u-----------e 1m

#EuropaLeague
Panathinaikos - #THFC 0-2
Soldado (1), Eriksen (25)

Expand

Hi guys im looking forward to make my website and talk about football manager there but i need ideas! Any ideas of what should i put on my website?

View attachment 418797

Premier League predictions: Lawro v Sting

BBC Sport's football expert Mark Lawrenson is pitting his wits against a different guest each week this season.

This week he takes on songwriter, lead singer and bassist for The Police and Newcastle fan Sting. As a solo musician and member of the Police, Sting has received 16 Grammy Awards, three Brit Awards, a Golden Globe, an Emmy Award, and several Oscar nominations for Best Original Song.

View attachment 418796
Lawro vs Newcastle fan Sting

Cardiff - Manchester City
Sting: I don't think City will suffer another shock result here. 0-3.
Mark Lawrenson: I also don't see any way the Citizens will lose ground in Wales. 1-2.

Arsenal - Hull
Sting: That's interesting. Hull have been the giant killers recently although I was really impressed with the Gunners last weekend and they should really win it. 3-0.
Mark Lawrenson: I'll go for a surprise here. 1-1.

Manchester United - Brighton
Sting: One sided affair for me. 3-0.
Mark Lawrenson: I also expect the Red Devils to dominate this game from start to end. 4-0.

Aston Villa - Newcastle
Sting: Hopefully I won't be the one to spoil the party, we are good enough to win at Villa Park. 1-3.
Mark Lawrenson: The Magpies showed some signs of dropping form in the Champions League midweek game when they barely won with a very late goal, and the way Villa perform recently they can really take something. 2-2.

Nottingham Forest - Tottenham
Sting: I'll play it safe here. 0-2.
Mark Lawrenson: Do you dare betting against Forest after they beat City at the Etihad? Spurs are missing so many key players, the Diego Costa one literally killing them. This might go either way, really! 1-1.

Chelsea - Southampton
Sting: I like the Saints this season but they don't have much of a chance at Stamford Bridge. 1-0.
Mark Lawrenson: I think the visitors will give it a good go but Chelsea will have too much for them - 3-2.

Last week, Lawro got two results right, with no perfect scores. His score of 2 was enough to just match the predictions of Chelsea fan Simon Pegg, who managed two correct results with no perfect scores.

Total scores after Week Six
Lawro: 25
Guests: 19

Last edited:
View attachment 418788
Premier League
Round 7

Saturday 4th October 2014:

Cardiff - Manchester City 0-2
Aguero (59), Kompany (90)
View attachment 418786View attachment 418785

Arsenal - Hull 1-1
Vela (45+1); Helenius (6)
View attachment 418784View attachment 418783

Manchester United - Brighton 4-1
Young (10, 56), Rooney (pen 17), Fellaini (26); Mackail-Smith (61)
View attachment 418782View attachment 418781

Aston Villa - Newcastle 2-1
Brandt (52), Benteke (pen 90+2); Ben Arfa (68)
View attachment 418780View attachment 418779

Sunday 5th October 2014:

Nottingham Forest -
Tottenham 1-2

Drinkwater sent off (67), King (77), Pearce sent off (90+2); Soldado (23), Ayew (90+3)
View attachment 418778View attachment 418777

Monday 6th October 2014:

Chelsea - Southampton 3-0
Sanchez (36), Mangala (53), Hazard (58), Mangala sent off (76)
View attachment 418776View attachment 418769

League Table:
View attachment 418768

View attachment 418756

Premier League predictions: Lawro v Piers Morgan

This week he takes on British journalist, television host, former television talent competition judge and Arsenal fan Piers Morgan.

View attachment 418755
Lawro vs Arsenal fan Piers

Manchester City - Aston Villa
Piers Morgan: I would love a draw here but the mind says City will win. 3-1.
Mark Lawrenson: I really enjoyed the character Villa showed last weekend and will back them for a draw here. 1-1.

Newcastle - Crystal Palace
Piers Morgan: Can't see past Newcastle for this one - 2-0.
Mark Lawrenson: The Magpies will be itching to bounce back with a win after the international break and they should have enough to get it - 3-1.

Swansea - Chelsea
Piers Morgan: This will be a tricky trip to Wales for Chelsea and I can see them drop points. 1-1.
Mark Lawrenson: Swansea aren't that good this season and I think the Blues will win there - 1-3.

Everton - Manchester United
Piers Morgan: This is my bet on a surprise. 1-1.
Mark Lawrenson: Don't think the Red Devils will allow an upset in Liverpool. 1-3.

Brighton - Arsenal

Piers Morgan: This is a must-win game, the type we usually flop but this season is quite different and I'll back us to get all three points. 0-2.
Mark Lawrenson: I expect a comfortable, patient win by a small margin for the Gunners - 0-1.

Tottenham - Cardiff
Piers Morgan: This is Spurs and I must give them some flak, no? 1-3.
Mark Lawrenson: Home games are where Spurs must take all points and they should do so against Cardiff - 2-0.

Last week, Lawro got four results right, with one perfect score. His score of 6 was too good for the predictions of Newcastle fan Sting, who managed four correct result with no perfect scores.

Total scores after Week Seven
Lawro: 31
Guests: 23

View attachment 418746
Premier League
Round 8

Saturday 18th October 2014:

Manchester City - Aston Villa 2-0
Rami (7), Ronaldo (33)

View attachment 418744View attachment 418743

Swansea - Chelsea 0-1
Falcao (45)
View attachment 418742View attachment 418741

Everton - Manchester United 0-1
Fellaini (59)
View attachment 418740View attachment 418739

Newcastle - Crystal Palace 3-1
Sissoko (29, 90+2), Lamela (44); Guedioura (61)
View attachment 418737View attachment 418736

Sunday 19th October 2014:

Brighton -
Arsenal 0-3

Ozil (52), Giroud (56, 64)

View attachment 418735View attachment 418734

Monday 20th October 2014:

Tottenham - Cardiff 2-1
Sandro (19), Soldado (79); Gunnarsson (45+3)
View attachment 418733View attachment 418732

League Table:

View attachment 418745

Usain St. Leo Bolt @usainbolt what a tool @ Marseilles can youiiiilievmmme 1m

#ChampionsLeague
Atletico Madrid - #mufc 2-1
Leandro Damiao (52), Mario Suarez sent off (65), Arda Turan (70); Hamsik (86)

Expand

Liam Gallagher @liamgallagher what a tool @ Marseilles can you--iiiiiiiiiiiiiii 1m

#ChampionsLeague
#mcfc - Feyenoord 2-2
Vidal (3), Toure (51); Rami o.g. (6), Pelle (45+1)
LGx

Expand

Sting @OfficialSting what a tool @ Marseilles can you beiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilieve 1m

#ChampionsLeague
A.C. Milan - #nufc 2-4
Pazzini (33), Matri (80); Cisse (13, 27, 45+1), Alvarez Balanta (88)

Expand

Back