Blasphemy! Seven clubs lock horns for the title after sir Alex Ferguson's retirement!

• Thread starter Thread starter KevinHann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 373K

Phil Collins @PhilCollinsFeed what a tool @ Marseilles can -u-----------e 1m

#EuropaLeague
#THFC - Stromsgodset 3-0
Sigurdsson (46), Eriksen (52), Ayew (54)

Expand

View attachment 418710

Premier League predictions: Lawro v Marsha Thomason

BBC Sport's football expert Mark Lawrenson is pitting his wits against a different guest each week this season.

This week he takes on British television and film actress and Manchester City fan Marsha Thomason, who is known in the United States for her recurring role on Lost as Naomi Dorrit, and for playing FBI agent Diana Berrigan on White Collar.

View attachment 418709
Lawro vs Manchester City fan Marsha

A correct result is worth ONE point. A correct score earns THREE points.

Crystal Palace - Manchester City
Marsha Thomason: This is a good game to get back on track after the draw in Europe midweek. 0-3.
Mark Lawrenson: I also can't see past the Citizens in this game - 1-3.

Queens Park Rangers - Newcastle
Marsha Thomason: That's interesting but I guess the Magpies will win it. 1-2.
Mark Lawrenson: Newcastle will be buoyant after the great win away in Milan and this should be enough to win them the game - 0-2.

Arsenal - Everton
Marsha Thomason: Close, and I think it will be a draw - 1-1.
Mark Lawrenson: I'll keep on awaiting a slip from the Gunners and will back Everton here - 1-2.

Chelsea - Stoke
Marsha Thomason: Don't think there will be any surprises in this one. 2-0.
Mark Lawrenson: I contemplated backing the draw here, but only for a split second - Chelsea are too good to lose points at home and will win, 3-1.

Aston Villa - Tottenham

Marsha Thomason: This one will be very even - 1-1.
Mark Lawrenson: I like the Villains, I really do, but will go with my gut feeling that Spurs will edge it, 1-2.

Manchester United - Southampton
Marsha Thomason: As good a game as any to see Man United suffer. 0-2.
Mark Lawrenson: This could be a very entertaining high scoring game, but once the flood gates are open the Red Devils certainly have more firepower - 4-2.

Last week, Lawro got five result right, with one perfect scores. His score of 7 was way too good to be matched by the predictions of Arsenal fan Piers Morgan, who managed three correct results with no perfect scores.

Total scores after Week Eight
Lawro: 38
Guests: 26

Last edited:
View attachment 418704
Premier League
Round 9

Saturday 25th October 2014:

Crystal Palace - Manchester City 1-3
Pilkington (76), Boyata sent off (81); Rami (21), Negredo (35, 43)
View attachment 418702View attachment 418701

Chelsea - Stoke 0-0
View attachment 418700View attachment 418699

Arsenal - Everton 0-1
Jelavic (56)
View attachment 418697View attachment 418696

Q.P.R. - Newcastle 1-2
Zouma o.g. (26); Remy (84), Cisse (86)
View attachment 418695View attachment 418694

Sunday 26th October 2014:

Manchester United - Southampton
2-0

Rooney (71, 75)
View attachment 418691View attachment 418690

Aston Villa - Tottenham 1-0
Agbonlahor (37)
View attachment 418693View attachment 418692

League Table:

View attachment 418689

Last edited:
View attachment 418651

October Watch

View attachment 418648
Premier League Table

The Contenders:

Newcastle (1st; 22pts; +16) - the Magpies retain the top spot although suffered a disappointing first league loss to Aston Villa.
Player of the month: Eder Alvarez Balanta (DLC) 7.98
0 Current first team injuries.

Chelsea (2nd; 21pts; +12) - the Blues gained 7 points this month, remain unbeaten and are just a point shy of the league leaders.
Player of the month: Eliaquim Mangala (DLC) 7.42
2 Current first team injuries:
David Luiz (DC/DM) - 2-9 days (torn groin muscle)
Branislav Ivanovic (DRLC) - 12-21 days (double hernia)

Manchester United (3rd; 21pts; +10) - the Red Devils were flawless this month after a rocky start and that puts them back in contention with a bang with the gap to the top cut to a single point.
Player of the month: Fabio Coentrao (D/WB/ML) 7.24
3 Current first team injuries:
Milan Badelj (DM/M/AMC) - 3-4 weeks (fractured ribs)
Shinji Kagawa (AMRLC) - 5-6 weeks (strained knee ligaments)
Nani (AMRL) - 3-5 days (gashed leg)

Arsenal
(4th; 20pts; +12) - the Gunners only pick up 4 points this month and that pushes them down two positions, although the top is still within just two points.
Player of the month: Olivier Giroud (ST) 7.72
8 Current first team injury:
Wojciech Szczesny (GK) - 2-3 weeks (pulled hamstring)
Micah Richards (DRC) - 5-7 weeks (torn knee ligaments)
Filipe (D/WBL) - 12-14 days (twisted ankle)
Isco (AMLC) - 5-6 weeks (strained knee ligaments)
Mesut Ozil (AMRLC) - 7-10 days (damaged elbow)
Juan Cuadrado (AMR) - 8 days (knock)
Santi Cazorla (AMRLC) - 13 days (knock)
Lukas Podolski (AML/ST) - 2-3 months (knee tendonitis)

Manchester City (5th; 20pts; +9) - the Citizens recovered well from a poor start of the campaign, avoided any upsets and climbed within two points from the top.
Player of the month: David Silva (AMRLC) 7.82
1 Current first team injury:
Matija Nastasic (DC) - 2-4 weeks (broken ankle)

Tottenham (8th; 16pts; +2) - Spurs picked up six points this month which allowed them to maintain the six point gap to the top but the pack in front of them is getting away.
Player of the month: Vlad Chiriches (DC) 7.54
4 Current first team injuries:
Younes Kaboul (DC) - 4-6 weeks (damaged achilles tendon)
Mousa Dembele (M/AMC) - 6-8 weeks (torn hamstring)
Kevin Mirallas (AMRL) - 4 months (broken foot)
Diego Costa (AMRC/ST) - 2-3 months (torn calf muscle)

Other teams to watch:

Aston Villa (6th) - the Villains kept up the pace, inflicted first defeat on champions Newcastle and remain sixth in the table.

Southampton (7th) - the Saints couldn't keep up with the tempo and slided down three positions this month.

Cardiff, Crystal Palace and Brighton occupy the bottom three but things are very tight down there and one good result can shuffle a lot of teams.

October Player of the Month:
Vincent Kompany (Manchester City)
View attachment 418646

October Young Player of the Month:
Ben Davies (Swansea)
View attachment 418647

October Manager of the Month:
David Moyes (Manchester United)
View attachment 418650

Leading Goalscorers:
View attachment 418649

View attachment 418634

Premier League predictions: Lawro v Darcey Bussell

BBC Sport's football expert Mark Lawrenson is pitting his wits against a different guest each week this season.

This week he takes on former British ballerina and Tottenham fan Darcey Bussell. Darcey is widely acclaimed as one of the great British ballerinas. Since retiring from ballet in 2007, she has continued to be very committed to the world of dance. In 2012 she became the President of the Royal Academy of Dance.

View attachment 418633
Lawro vs Tottenham fan Darcey

Swansea - Manchester United
Darcey Bussell: The Swans beat Manchester United once this season in Wales to show home advantage really boosts them in big games, no reason they can't repeat the feat - 2-1.
Mark Lawrenson: Can't see how the Red Devils will drop points here. 0-2.

Fulham - Chelsea
Darcey Bussell: London derbies are hard and this will be no different despite the gulf in class. 1-1.
Mark Lawrenson: The Cottagers aren't as good this season and I will back Mourinho's team to get a win here. 0-1.

Manchester City - Q.P.R.
Darcey Bussell: No surprises here. 2-0.
Mark Lawrenson: Largely expect a big margin here. 4-0.

Newcastle - West Ham
Darcey Bussell: Home advantage will count here. 2-1.
Mark Lawrenson: The Magpies have been getting results but blow hot and cold recently and will slip up somewhere - don't expect it to happen here though. 3-0.

Tottenham - Crystal Palace

Darcey Bussell: We have what it takes to beat Palace at home - would be suicidal to drop points here, 3-0.
Mark Lawrenson: I also like Spurs for it, but it won't be a big gap between those two. 2-1.

Southampton - Arsenal
Darcey Bussell: What a great chance for Arsenal to slip up! 2-1.
Mark Lawrenson: The Gunners have been plagued with bad injuries and it will catch up with them. 2-2.

Last week, Lawro got three results right, with one perfect score. His score of 5 was good enough to beat the predictions of Manchester City fan Marsha Thomason, who managed two correct results with one perfect score.

Total scores after Week Nine
Lawro: 43
Guests: 30

View attachment 418631
Premier League
Round 10

Saturday 1st November 2014:

Swansea - Manchester United 2-3
Michu (31), Chadli (58); van Persie (pen 28), Young (38), Bale (52)

View attachment 418617View attachment 418616

Fulham - Chelsea 0-2
Terry (3, 61)
View attachment 418615View attachment 418614

Manchester City - Q.P.R. 2-1
Toure (25, 45+3); Park Ji-Sung (pen 57)
View attachment 418613View attachment 418612

Newcastle - West Ham 3-0
Santon (11), Collison o.g. (25), Lamela (90+2)
View attachment 418611View attachment 418610

Sunday 2nd November 2014:

Tottenham - Crystal Palace 2-0
Clyne (41), Soldado (80)
View attachment 418609View attachment 418608

Monday 3rd November 2014:

Southampton - Arsenal 2-3
Fonte sent off (33), Elm (pen 55), Ramirez (83); Giroud (48, 76), Wilshere (69)

View attachment 418606View attachment 418605

League Table:

View attachment 418618

Sting @OfficialSting what a tool @ Marseilles can you beiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilieve 1m

#ChampionsLeague
#nufc - A.C. Milan 2-0
Varane (12, 23); Constant sent off (85)
#nufc qualify for Knockout round

Expand

Last edited:

Simon Pegg @simonpegg what a tool @ Marseilles can yo-----i------ue 1m

#ChampionsLeague
Galatasaray - #CFC 3-1
Burak Yilmaz (8), Drogba (14), Selcuk Inan (pen 52); Dzeko (89)

Expand

Usain St. Leo Bolt @usainbolt what a tool @ Marseilles can youiiiilievmmme 1m

#ChampionsLeague
#mufc - Atletico Madrid 2-3
Alderweireld o.g. (21), Di Maria (43); Adrian (58), Arda Turan (60), Villa (63)

Expand

Phil Collins @PhilCollinsFeed what a tool @ Marseilles can -u-----------e 1m

#EuropaLeague
Stromsgodset - #THFC 0-2
Eriksen (15), Lennon (25)
#THFC qualify for Knockout round

Expand

Last edited:
View attachment 418561

Premier League predictions: Lawro v Megan Fox

This week he takes on American actress, model and Manchester United fan Megan Fox. She emerged to stardom after starring in Transformers. Fox is also considered one of the modern female *** symbols and has appeared in magazines such as Maxim, Rolling Stone and FHM.

View attachment 418559
Lawro vs Manchester United fan Megan

West Ham - Manchester City
Megan Fox: Heart says go for the Hammers, mind says no - what a fan would I be if I let reason in the way? 3-0.
Mark Lawrenson: The Citizens should be able to win this comfortably. 0-3.

Manchester United - Stoke
Megan Fox: It's time for us to go top of the table. 5-2.
Mark Lawrenson: The Red Devils should win this in a routine manner, 2-0.

Q.P.R. - Tottenham
Megan Fox: Do they play in the queen's back yard, cool! 2-0.
Mark Lawrenson: The queen's back yard won't find it that easy and I will back Spurs here. 1-2.

Arsenal - Swansea
Megan Fox: Aren't Swansea from Barcelona, why are they allowed in the Premier League? 1-2.
Mark Lawrenson: The Gunners will have to work hard here and might not get all points but I'll back them nevertheless. 2-1.

Chelsea - Newcastle
Megan Fox: Ugh never heard, heads or tails? 1-1.
Mark Lawrenson: This is the game for Chelsea to establish themselves as genuine title challengers and I'll put my bet on them - 3-2.

Last week, Lawro got five results right, with one perfect score. His score of 7 was too much for the predictions of Tottenham fan Darcey Bussell, who managed three correct results with no perfect scores.

Total scores after Week Ten
Lawro: 50
Guests: 33

View attachment 418448
Premier League
Round 11

Saturday 8th November 2014:

West Ham - Manchester City 2-2
Jarvis (22), Walters (71); Vidal (45+1), Negredo (64)

View attachment 418447View attachment 418446

Manchester United - Stoke 3-0
Rooney (23), Cleverley (37), Hernandez (88)
View attachment 418445View attachment 418444

Sunday 9th November 2014:

Q.P.R. - Tottenham 1-3
Austin (5); Soldado (45+2, 67, pen 86)
View attachment 418443View attachment 418442

Arsenal - Swansea 0-0
View attachment 418441View attachment 418440

Monday 10th November 2014:

Chelsea - Newcastle 4-1
Lampard (pen 15, 43), Hazard (58, 68); Baines (pen 52)
View attachment 418439View attachment 418438View attachment 418437

League Table:

View attachment 418436

Martin O'Neill has been fired by Cardiff City Owner Vincent Tan. O'Neill's departure is thought to have been triggered by the club's poor league position, forcing Cardiff into a decision. The former Sunderland employee has been manager at Cardiff since December 2013. Cardiff are currently lying in 20th place in the Premier League, having lost all of their five last games.

View attachment 418433
O'Neill becomes first managerial victim this season

Speculation as to O'Neill's replacement at Cardiff City is certainly keeping everyone guessing, with Gary Bowyer, Steve McClaren and Sam Allardyce being linked to the vacancy. The favourite however remains Roberto Martinez, who the oddsmakers believe could well make the move to the Cardiff City Stadium in the near future.

Odds for next Cardiff City manager:
3-1 Roberto Martinez (unemployed)
5-1 Gary Bowyer (Blackburn)
5-1 Steve McClaren (Derby County)

Odds for next manager to get the sack:
5-4 Oscar Garcia (Brighton)
5-4 Brendan Rodgers (Crystal Palace)
5-4 Malky Mackay (Everton)

Gary Lineker: Good evening and welcome to Match of the Day for our thoughts on the 2014/15 Premier League season! It seems the race will be as tight as ever this time around and as we all know it is those direct 6-pointer clashes that play a decisive part in deciding who will fly and who will fall. For this reason we will be focusing solely on those giant games in Match of the Day. Stay with us as Alan Hansen and Alan Shearer aid me on analyzing the key aspects of what happened and why it happened for you!

Chelsea - Newcastle
4-1

View attachment 418430

Gary Lineker: Chelsea welcomed champions Newcastle in a game Jose Mourinho's men had to win. Jose's grudge with Dimiter Hristov from last season threw in some spice but the knowledge a win here would allow the Blues to leapfrog their opponents and go top of the league was still the main catalyst. Chelsea did exactly so by two Frank Lampard goals in the first half and two Eden Hazard goals in the second, sandwiching a Leighton Baines penalty for the visitors.
Alan Hansen: You make it sound like a genuine trashing, Gary, but it wasn't so. Newcastle were the better side throughout the first half, had numerous chances and got back into it after the break, but the third Chelsea goal killed them. The score isn't a fair representation of what happened on the pitch with the Magpies creating more. Chelsea had that little extra bit of accuracy in passes and heading that probably gave them an advantage but that was it. And kaboom - four goals, sometimes they just go all in.
Alan Shearer: Except for Leighton Baines and probably substitute Yohan Cabaye, the entire Newcastle team should be ashamed with falling flat to deliver a performance to the standard of this game. Luis Suarez was particularly disappointing - I don't care how many you miss against Stoke and Swansea, but you must take your chances against Chelsea. As for the winning team - Lampard and Hazard were the standalone players with the latter picking up the PoM award, but I'd like to highlight the massive performance of Thibaut Courtois in Chelsea goal - the keeper pulled 11 saves to make this convincing victory possible for his team.
Gary Lineker: Everybody was expecting Newcastle to drop points here, but the manner of which it happened leaves us doubting if they will be able to pick up and defend their title. On the other hand Chelsea broke to top place and are looking forward to the next round, eager to maintain that position. If anything, this result was a bonus for the neutrals as the title race is as tight-packed as even right now!

Cardiff City have unveiled Roberto Martinez as their new manager. He is said to be delighted at the chance to be involved in the day to day decisions at Cardiff City Stadium and the Cardiff supporters will no doubt be hoping their new boss can bring fresh momentum to the team.

View attachment 418427
Martinez returns to the Premier League

Roberto Martinez began his managerial career at Swansea in February 2007. During his six year stay with the Swans Martinez won the Sky Bet League 1. He took charge of Wigan where he stayed until June 2013, lifting the English FA Cup. Martinez also had a brief spell in charge of Everton between June 2013 and November 2013 and spent exactly one year in unemployment before Vincent Tan appointed him at Cardiff.

View attachment 418410

Premier League predictions: Lawro v Samuel Jackson

This week he takes on American film and television actor and film producer, as well as Liverpool fan Samuel Jackson. Jackson's many roles have made him one of the highest-grossing actors at the box office. He has won multiple awards throughout his career and has been portrayed in various forms of media, including films, television series, and songs.

View attachment 418409
Lawro vs Liverpool fan Samuel

Manchester United - Newcastle
Samuel Jackson: Two good teams, not much to set them apart. 1-1.
Mark Lawrenson: I will stand by my prognosis the Magpies will suffer in the big games, especially away from home. 3-1.

Sunderland - Manchester City
Samuel Jackson: This one is easy to call, 0-3.
Mark Lawrenson: The Black Cats had a pretty decent record against the Citizens until recently and it's possible there is a surprise here - but I won't take any chances. 1-2.

Chelsea - Tottenham
Samuel Jackson: London derby, right? Both will be up for it then, 2-2.
Mark Lawrenson: I don't think the Blues will drop momentum after the massive win over Newcastle last round, 3-1.

Arsenal - Fulham
Samuel Jackson: Another London derby, but this time the hosts seem too big for the atmosphere to affect them. 2-0.
Mark Lawrenson: Usually I wouldn't bet against the Gunners in a home game against lesser teams, but this time I think the London derby might lift the Cottagers to a good result - 1-1.

Last week, Lawro got three results right, with no perfect scores. His score of 3 was good enough to beat the predictions of Manchester United fan Megan Fox, who managed one correct result with no perfect scores.

Total scores after Week Eleven
Lawro: 53
Guests: 34

View attachment 418404
Premier League
Round 12

Saturday 22nd November 2014:

Manchester United - Newcastle 0-2
Santon (27), Remy (33)

View attachment 418386View attachment 418385View attachment 418384

Sunderland - Manchester City 1-2
Giaccherini (9); Ronaldo (24), Pedro (88)
View attachment 418383View attachment 418382

Chelsea - Tottenham 1-0
Dzeko (88)
View attachment 418381View attachment 418380View attachment 418379

Monday 24th November 2014:

Arsenal - Fulham 2-1
Sagna (56, 64); Howson (53)
View attachment 418378View attachment 418377

League Table:

View attachment 418387

Back