Blasphemy! Seven clubs lock horns for the title after sir Alex Ferguson's retirement!

• Thread starter Thread starter KevinHann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 373K
Well, for one thing, it's Newcastle doing well. For another, I love the detail you put into this.

As for my 'still doing this' comment, last time I saw the story before today was when it looked like you'd stopped updating. That's all.

View attachment 418044

Premier League predictions: Lawro v Jude Law

BBC Sport's football expert Mark Lawrenson is pitting his wits against a different guest each week this season.

This week he takes on English actor, film producer, director and Tottenham fan Jude Law. After starring in films directed by Clint Eastwood and David Cronenberg, Jude was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Acror in 1999 for his performance in The Talented Mr. Ripley. In 2000 he won a Best Supporting actor BAFRA Award for his work in the film. In 2003 he was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actor in Cold Mountain. He is also known for his role as Dr. John Watson in the 2009 film Sherlock Holmes and its 2011 sequel and has starred in memorable films such as Gattaca, Road to Perdition, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, Enemy at the Gates. In 2006 Law was ranked as one of the top ten most bankable film stars in Hollywood.

View attachment 418045
Lawro vs Tottenham fan Jude

A correct result is worth ONE point. A correct score earns THREE points.

Arsenal - Nottingham Forest
Jude Law: It's a pity seeing the Gunners over us again but they are doing well and I can't see them not winning here. 3-0.
Mark Lawrenson: I'll back Arsenal for a routine win in this game. 2-0.

Brighton - Tottenham
Jude Law: Not a bad place to get back to winning ways for us, it's about time to pick up what's left of our season. 0-3.
Mark Lawrenson: I think Spurs are in dire straits right now and the hosts will know they can take something from this game - 1-1.

Chelsea - Crystal Palace
Jude Law: There shouldn't be any surprises in this one, Chelsea are way too good - 3-1.
Mark Lawrenson: I think the Blues will win this by a big margin, they are chasing the title and in good shape - 4-0.

Southampton - Newcastle
Jude Law: This is a hard place to go to right now and even the champions might have some trouble there, especially after playing 120 minutes midweek - 2-2.
Mark Lawrenson: the Magpies have enough strength in depth to counter any tiredness in the squad after the extra time in the cup game with Hull - 1-3.

Everton - Manchester City
Jude Law: This will be a hard game for the Citizens but I can see them winning it. 1-2.
Mark Lawrenson: I'll go for a surprise result here. 1-1.

Manchester United game postponed

Last week, Lawro got four results right, with one perfect scores. His score of 6 was too good for the predictions of Manchester City fan Ricky Hatton, who managed two correct results with one perfect score.

Total scores after Week Sixteen
Lawro: 70
Guests: 45

Last edited:
View attachment 418027
Premier League
Round 17

Saturday 20th December 2014:

Arsenal - Nottingham Forest 2-1
Cazorla (19), Giroud (90+3); Giroud o.g. (83)
View attachment 418025View attachment 418024

Brighton - Tottenham 1-3
Hateley sent off (43), Baldock (90); Clyne (35), Soldado (44), Ayew sent off (49), Chiriches (52)
View attachment 418023View attachment 418022

Sunday 21st December 2014:

Chelsea
- Crystal Palace 5-1
Hazard (6, 34), Moreno (18), Lampard (pen 29), Terry (38); Gayle (83)
View attachment 418001View attachment 418000

Southampton - Newcastle 1-3
Lovren (42); Suarez (13), Baines (64), Cisse (66)
View attachment 417999View attachment 417998

Monday 22nd December 2014:

Everton - Manchester City 1-2
Jelavic (2); Pedro (11), Rami sent off (20), Jovetic (34)
View attachment 417997View attachment 417996

Manchester United game postponed

League Table:

View attachment 417995

View attachment 417908

Premier League predictions: Lawro v Drake

BBC Sport's football expert Mark Lawrenson is pitting his wits against a different guest each week this season.

This week he takes on Canadian recording artist, rapper, songwriter, actor and Manchester United fan Drake. He has sold over 5 million albums worldwide and his work has earned him a Grammy Award, three Juno Awards and six BET Awards. With twenty number-one singles, Drake has more than any other artist on Billboard's Hot Rap Songs chart. With ten number-one singles, he also has more than any other rapper, passing Jay-Z in August 2012. Drake has also written songs for other artists, including Alicia Keys and Jamie Foxx. He featured as a voice actor in Ice Age: Continental drift as the mammoth Ethan.

View attachment 417909
Lawro vs Manchester United fan Drake

Newcastle - Swansea
Drake: After watching Newcastle beat us to the title last season, I can't imagine they would drop points here. 2-0.
Mark Lawrenson: I think Swansea are quite capable of turning style on for the big games, as suggested by them winning the Europa League and the European Super Cup. 2-2.

Cardiff - Arsenal
Drake: I really expect a surprise in Wales - 1-1.
Mark Lawrenson: I'll back the Gunners for this one. 1-3.

Aston Villa - Manchester United
Drake: Boxing day trip to Villa Park is hardly the best Christmas present ever but we'll have to make do with what we have - 1-3.
Mark Lawrenson: I think the Red Devils' hectic schedule is bound to catch up with them at some point and this is a very hard away game regardless. 2-2.

Manchester City - Southampton
Drake: I won't be a fan if I give the Citizens a good prognosis, right? 2-2.
Mark Lawrenson: As much as I like the Saints, I don't think they can pull a result at the Etihad - 3-0.

Q.P.R. - Chelsea
Drake: Tough call but I'll side with the visitors on this one. 1-2.
Mark Lawrenson: No surprises here, routine win for Mourinho. 0-2.

Tottenham - Everton
Drake: Close, this might be an upset. 1-2.
Mark Lawrenson: Spurs can't remain in limbo eternally and this is a good game to start rebuilding - 2-1.

Last week, Lawro got three results right, with one perfect scores. His score of 5 was not good enough to match the predictions of Tottenham fan Jude Law, who managed four correct results with one perfect score.

Total scores after Week Seventeen
Lawro: 75
Guests: 51

View attachment 417900
Premier League
Round 18

Saturday 27th December 2014:

Newcastle - Swansea 3-0
Sissoko (45), Suarez (55), Zouma (90+1)
View attachment 417896View attachment 417895

Aston Villa - Manchester United 0-0
View attachment 417894View attachment 417893

Cardiff - Arsenal 0-1
Doumbia sent off (7); Giroud (pen 5)
View attachment 417891View attachment 417890

Manchester City - Southampton 2-1
Aguero (64, 81); Ramirez (pen 76)
View attachment 417887View attachment 417886

Q.P.R. - Chelsea 1-1
Park Ji-Sung (71); Hazard (28)
View attachment 417874View attachment 417873

Tottenham - Everton 0-0
Coleman sent off (87)
View attachment 417881View attachment 417880

League Table:

View attachment 417878

View attachment 417870

Premier League predictions: Lawro v Caro

This week he takes on Danish professional tennis player and Liverpool fan Caroline Wozniacki. Caroline is a former World No. 1 on the WTA Tour. As of 23 January 2012, she held this position for 67 weeks. She was the first Scandinavian woman to hold the top ranking position and 20th overall. To date Wozniacki has won 21 WTA titles.

View attachment 417869
Lawro vs Liverpool fan Caroline Wozniacki

Stoke - Newcastle
Caroline Wozniacki: Can't side against them right now - 1-3.
Mark Lawrenson: I'll go for an upset here, Britannia is a tough place to go and the Magpies have had little time to prepare for it - 2-2.

Southampton - Tottenham
Caroline Wozniacki: Sounds like a close, even match - 1-1.
Mark Lawrenson: I'll back the Saints for this one - 2-1.

Arsenal - Aston Villa
Caroline Wozniacki: Will be a cracking game but I think Arsenal will prevail in the end - 3-1.
Mark Lawrenson: I was impressed with the Villains last round, will back them for a draw here - 1-1.

Chelsea - West Ham
Caroline Wozniacki: This will be a walk in the park for Chelsea. 3-0.
Mark Lawrenson: Normally I'd be concerned predicting a home win considering this is a London derby although the Blues will be itching to set the record straight and I can't see them dropping points twice in a row - 2-0.

Manchester United - Crystal Palace
Caroline Wozniacki: Easy, the only question is how many they will score - 4-0.
Mark Lawrenson: I also expect the Red Devils to enjoy a good game here, 3-0.

Swansea - Manchester City
Caroline Wozniacki: Let's call for an upset here, 2-1.
Mark Lawrenson: I don't think the Citizens will allow any slip-ups right now. 0-1.

Last week, Lawro got four results right, with no perfect scores. His score of 4 was too good for the predictions of Manchester United Drake, who managed one correct result with no perfect scores.

Total scores after Week Eighteen
Lawro: 79
Guests: 52

View attachment 417860
Premier League
Round 19

Tuesday 30th December 2014:

Stoke - Newcastle 1-3
Emanuelson (43); Suarez (67), Lamela (85, 90+1)
View attachment 417842View attachment 417841

Southampton - Tottenham 0-1
Ayew (68)
View attachment 417844View attachment 417843

Wednesday 31st December 2014:

Arsenal - Aston Villa 1-0
Giroud (21)
View attachment 417846View attachment 417845

Chelsea - West Ham 3-0
Falcao (6), Ramires sent off (9), Morrison o.g. (43), Willian (64); Rincon sent off (73)
View attachment 417848View attachment 417847

Manchester United - Crystal Palace 6-1
Fellaini (18), Hamsik (31, 32), van Persie (43, 87), Nani (45+1); Chamakh (51)
View attachment 417850View attachment 417849

Swansea - Manchester City 0-2
Ronaldo (2), Aguero (22)
View attachment 417852View attachment 417851

League Table:
View attachment 417853

View attachment 417839
December Watch

View attachment 417834
Premier League Table

The Contenders:

Newcastle (1st; 49pts; +37) - the Magpies picked up 18 points this month but it's not enough to open up a gap from the chasing back.
Player of the month: Moussa Sissoko (DM/MC) 8.10
1 Current first team injury:
Cheick Tiote (DM/MC) - 7-11 days (pulled hamstring)

Chelsea (2nd; 46pts; +30) - the Blues picked up 16 points this month and remain very close to league leaders Newcastle.
Player of the month: Ashley Cole (DL) 8.12
1 Current first team injury:
Thibaut Courtois (GK) - 5-7 weeks (damaged spine)

Manchester City
(3rd; 46pts; +19) - the Citizens picked up 16 points this month which is enough to climb up two positions and remain within touching distance with the top!
Player of the month: Pedro (AMRL) 7.58
7 Current first team injuries:
Scott Loach (GK) - 3-5 days (gashed leg)
Vincent Kompany (DC/DM/MC) - 4-5 weeks (fractured ribs)
Javi Garcia (DC/DM/MC) - 3-4 weeks (sprained ankle)
David Alaba (D/WBL/MLC) - 5-9 days (twisted knee)
Gael Clichy (D/WBL) - 5-8 days (strained wrist)
Yaya Toure (DM/M/AMC) - 5-6 weeks (sprained ankle)
Samir Nasri (AMRLC) - 3-6 weeks (broken ankle)

Arsenal (4th; 43pts; +17) - the Gunners picked up 13 points this month which sees them slide down a position but they are still on track for a return in the top four.
Player of the month: Thomas Vermaelen (DLC) 7.32
6 Current first team injuries:
Wojciech Szczesny (GK) - 4-5 weeks (broken finger)
Emiliano Viviano (GK) - 9-14 days (broken finger)
Filipe (D/WBL) - 4-7 days (twisted ankle)
Santi Cazorla (AMRLC) - 4-7 days (twisted ankle)
Mesut Ozil (AMRLC) - 7-8 weeks (torn hamstring)
Carlos Vela (AMRLC/ST) - 2-9 days (torn groin muscle)

Manchester United
(5th; 40pts; +20) - the Red Devils picked up 10 points this month and were knocked off the top four but have a game in hand and winning it would put them back in.
Player of the month: Gareth Bale (AMRLC) 7.78
0 Current first team injuries.

Tottenham (7th; 32pts; +5) - Spurs picked up just 7 points this month and it's just not good enough as they are now 11 points away from the top four and 17 from the top!
Player of the month: Jan Vertonghen (DLC/DM) 7.56
4 Current first team injuries:
Younes Kaboul (DC) - 1-4 days (thigh strain)
Andros Townsend (AMRL) - 7-12 days (twisted ankle)
Kevin Mirallas (AMRL) - 1-2 months (broken foot)
Diego Costa (AMRC/ST) - 10 days (torn calf muscle)

Other teams to watch:

Southampton (6th) - the Saints maintain their strong position in the league and are still in with a bang for European qualification!

Aston Villa (8th) - the Villains keep their position and have it all to play for with sixth just three points away from them.

Stoke, Cardiff and Brighton occupy the bottom three but things are STILL very tight down there and a couple good results can shuffle a lot of teams - with teams as high as 10th just six points above. Time seems to be running out for Brighton though as they are now seven points away from safety and rock bottom in the league table.

December Player of the Month:
Eden Hazard (Chelsea)
View attachment 417836

December Young Player of the Month:
Ben Davies (Swansea)
View attachment 417837

December Manager of the Month:
Dimiter Hristov (Newcastle)
View attachment 417838

Leading Goalscorers:
View attachment 417835

View attachment 417830
World Annual Awards

2014 World Golden Ball:
Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester City)
View attachment 417827

2014 World Player of the Year:
Eden Hazard (Chelsea)​
View attachment 417828

2014 European Golden Boy:
Romelu Lukaku (Chelsea)
View attachment 417829

2014 World Team of the Year:
GK. Salvatore Sirigu (Paris Saint-Germain)
DR. Sergio Ramos (Chelsea)​
DL. David Alaba (Manchester City)
DC. Vincent Kompany (Manchester City)​
DC. Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus)
MC. Thiago Alcantara (Chelsea)
MC. Andres Iniesta (Barcelona)​
AMR. Marco Reus (Dortmund)
AML. Eden Hazard (Chelsea)​
AMC. David Silva (Manchester City)
ST. Mario Balotelli (A.C. Milan)​
View attachment 417826

English Title Contenders Cup Watch

View attachment 417779

Third Round

Saturday 3rd January 2015:

Preston - Chelsea 1-3
Davies (84); Dzeko (8, 13), Thiago Alcantara (90)
View attachment 417769View attachment 417767

Manchester United - Nottingham Forest
2-1
Coentrao (75), Rooney (77); Graham (7)
View attachment 417770View attachment 417771

Liverpool - Manchester City 1-1
Suso (19); Ronaldo (29)
View attachment 417774View attachment 417775

Macclesfield - Newcastle 1-4
Sanders (84); Donovan (8), Remy (36), Webster o.g. (68), Depay (79)
View attachment 417777View attachment 417776

Sunday 4th January 2015:

Aston Villa - Tottenham 0-2
Vertonghen (71), Sandro (74)

View attachment 417766View attachment 417765

Monday 5th January 2015:

Reading - Arsenal 1-1
Pogrebnyak (46); Vermaelen (78)
View attachment 417763View attachment 417762

English Title Contenders Cup Watch

View attachment 417756

Fourth Round Draw

Newcastle - Ipswich
Arsenal/Reading - Doncaster
Sheffield Wednesday - Chelsea
Sheffield United - Tottenham
Manchester United - Derby County
Manchester City - Stoke

i would like the save and try and take liverpool from championship days to champions league glory once again?

Lee Dixon: Young striker leaves Manchester City
View attachment 417723
LEE DIXON Tuesday 6 January 2015
Manchester City have decided to release one of the young prospects at the club as they received a 1.6 million pounds offer from Blackburn for John Guidetti (22). The Sweden international had been transfer listed for a while as his demand for first team football fell on deaf ears. It was always going to be exceptionally hard for John to get his breakthrough in a team brimming with world class quality.

View attachment 417719
Guidetti goes to Blackburn

Guidetti managed only two appearances for the Citizens, one of which coming off the bench - but also managed to score a goal in those limited minutes on the pitch. He showed what he could do during a season long loan spell at Feyenoord back in 2011/12 when he got 20 goals in just 23 games and there is little doubt the fans will agree his talent would have been wasted in the reserve team.

John Guidetti transfer verdict: 4.5/10 - it was the right move without any questions asked but there is a note of sadness the club has failed to make the most of its academy.

Spurs add Karim power
Double boost with Diego Costa back after broken leg

View attachment 417693
David Pleat
The Guardian
, Wednesday 7 January 2015

Tottenham suffered a crucial blow to top four ambitions this season when summer recruit Diego Costa suffered a broken leg before being able to influence the campaign in any way. This is why the board has decided to sanction an additional striker signing and the fans will be happy to hear who it is - Karim Benzema (27) has agreed to come to White Hart Lane after Real Madrid accepted a 27.5 million pounds offer for the French international.

View attachment 417685
Benzema says yes to Spurs move

Karim has represented his country 67 times with 22 goals. Even though he often came under fire at Madrid, his form has been prolific in the past year and a half, scoring 17 goals in 32 league appearances last term and 10 in 22 so far this one. His arrival has raised interesting questions in front of Andre Villas-Boas as both Karim and Diego Costa have similar attributes and it will be interesting to see how he intends to use them.​

Karim Benzema transfer verdict: 8.5/10 - high profile striker signing goes as a great deal in our book although it would have been even better if such an outlay provided the squad with a different option rather than more of what we already have.

Last edited:

Liam Gallagher @liamgallagher what a tool @ Marseilles can you--iiiiiiiiiiiiiii 1m

Buddy at #mcfc tells me we are about to sign top defender from a Premier
League club LGx

Expand

Back