Blasphemy! Seven clubs lock horns for the title after sir Alex Ferguson's retirement!

• Thread starter Thread starter KevinHann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 373K
What Facepack do you use?

I honestly don't know, the same one I used on FM13 plus some smallish updates I got immediately after installing FM14. Why? You noticed Will Hughes is faceless? It annoys me, too :(

Will Hughes normally comes with a face though, that's automatic...

View attachment 414370

BBC Sport Call-In

6 days and counting down to the start of the new season! This is the time to get engaged! Check who got what at page 98! Call in and let us know what you think:
- Which transfer captivated you this summer?
- Which club did the best business so far in the window?
- Who do you fancy to win the title race and why?
- What do you think of the promoted clubs?
Plus anything else you'd like to share!
*Note - please, no more abusive calls towards Mark Lawrenson - he doesn't listen so don't address him!*

- Javi Martinez to NUFC because I've been unable to sign him from Bayern even for 80M.
- Chelsea
- Chelsea, because I support the club. :P
- I HATE LEEDS.

- Javi Martinez to NUFC because I've been unable to sign him from Bayern even for 80M.
- Chelsea
- Chelsea, because I support the club. :P
- I HATE LEEDS.

At least you didn't lose to Galatasaray in the Champions League :(
I fancy Blackburn, they did great on the market so far. Leeds have spent loads but not on good players and they will waste Campbell and Ntaflas. Chelsea are very strong, Arsenal have done pretty well and might break in the top four. Man City have done weird transfers so far.

Marquinhos, because I didn't think you'd go for the other fantastic potential center back when you already had Varane and Balanta.
Chelsea have probably done the best business.
I fancy Newcastle to win it, you're the manager after all.
I would have preferred Liverpool stayed down but oh well.

At least you didn't lose to Galatasaray in the Champions League :(
I fancy Blackburn, they did great on the market so far. Leeds have spent loads but not on good players and they will waste Campbell and Ntaflas. Chelsea are very strong, Arsenal have done pretty well and might break in the top four. Man City have done weird transfers so far.
City always do weird transfers regardless of manager. They've never bought Ronaldo in my save, they usually buy medicore players in their primes for big big fee.

At least Galatasaray fans didn't stab two of Newcastle fans :( Two Chelsea supporters injured amid clashes in Istanbul | Football | The Guardian

Sorry for the off topic there, Leeds and Chelsea have a rivalry anyway, that's why. Also with Liverpool so I obviously am backing Blackburn.

- Cesc, i thought his loyalty to Arsenal in the Premier league would stop him from moving to any other team... disapointing.
- Probably Chelsea, but i like how Arsenal just got the few players he needed in the right positions, might be a good contestant for the upcoming season.
- Arsenal, Cavani and Pique will bring experience and quality.
- They deserve to be in the Premier League.

Spanish, Italian, and German league must have crappy players... everybody is moving to the Premier league!

- Cesc, i thought his loyalty to Arsenal in the Premier league would stop him from moving to any other team... disapointing.
- Probably Chelsea, but i like how Arsenal just got the few players he needed in the right positions, might be a good contestant for the upcoming season.
- Arsenal, Cavani and Pique will bring experience and quality.
- They deserve to be in the Premier League.

Spanish, Italian, and German league must have crappy players... everybody is moving to the Premier league!
Some of current German players have that career plan "Would prefer not to play in England" which is just sad. Likes of Reus, Kroos, Muller just won't leave Germany.

View attachment 414259View attachment 414258View attachment 414257

Manchester United - Newcastle
FA Community Shield
Sunday 9 August 2015
15:00

2' Goal!! 0-1 Luis Suarez
21' Goal!! 0-2 Luis Suarez
33' Goal!! 1-2 Shinji Kagawa
39' Goal!! 1-3 Luis Suarez
45+2' Half Time
52' Goal!! 2-3 Marouane Fellaini
53' Goal!! 2-4 Luis Suarez
60' Goal!! 3-4 Gareth Bale
65' Mathieu Debuchy (Newcastle) booked
72' Marouane Fellaini (Man Utd) booked
75' Phil Jones (Man Utd) booked
84' Goal!! 3-5 Kurt Zouma

90+2' Full Time

FINAL SCORE:
Manchester United 3-5 Newcastle

What a game! The Red Devils simply refused to give up - but Luis Suarez single-handedly put their defense to sword! The Magpies have finally broken the hoodoo of losing finals to Man United and it is the first time manager Dimiter Hristov wins the Community Shield. Credit must go to both sides for this entertaining opening to the season - and we can only dream that it sets the tone for the entire campaign! Let's take a look at match stats and individual performances:
View attachment 414256View attachment 414255View attachment 414254

View attachment 513080
FA Community Shield 2015/16 - holders Newcastle!

Gunners let Rodwell go after a single season
Wanyama transfer spelled the end for Jack

View attachment 414252
Sol Campbell
The Guardian
, Monday 10 August 2015

Arsenal have announced the departure of midfielder Jack Rodwell (26) to newly promoted Blackburn for 4.9 million pounds. Wenger admitted Rodwell was only signed to patch-up a hole in defensive midfield until the club could arrange a more appropriate long-term signing and thanked Jack for his performances last season. The Gunners have also pocketed a tidy profit for a player they signed on a free.

View attachment 414249
Rodwell leaves for Rovers

Gunner fans will keep fond memories of Jack who didn't exactly shine during his single season at the Emirates but provided a solid foundation for the team to attack the top four. Rodwell played 28 games in the red and white shirt and created one goal. He missed approximately two months of the campaign to various injuries which is thought to have been a decisive factor in Wenger's decision to let him go after Wanyama joined the fold.​

Jack Rodwell transfer verdict: 6.0/10 - the midfielder is worth at least a million over what the club received for him but even that was good business for a player who simply can't stay out of the injury room.

View attachment 414248

Premier League predictions: Lawro v Hugh Laurie

BBC Sport football expert Mark Lawrenson is back for the new season and will again be pitting his wits against a different guest each week.

His first opponent of the new campaign is English actor, comedian, writer, musician, director and Arsenal fan Hugh Laurie.

View attachment 414247
Lawro vs Laurie for the opening games this season

A correct result is worth ONE point. A correct score earns THREE points.

Manchester City - Chelsea
Hugh Laurie: I think this will be a very tight affair and can't see any side win it. 2-2.
Mark Lawrenson: I have been very impressed with the Blues business this summer while the Citizens are leaving their deals late - for this reason I'll back the guests to sneak a win. 1-2.

Fulham - Newcastle
Hugh Laurie: Hardly a surprise here. 0-3.
Mark Lawrenson: I also expect the Magpies to score big after kicking the season off with style putting five past the Red Devils. 0-5.

Leeds - Manchester United
Hugh Laurie: The Rose derby has a special meaning for the hosts and they will try their best to mark a much anticipated return to the top flight with a positive result. 1-1.
Mark Lawrenson: I am really happy Leeds are finally back where they belong but emotions aside, the Red Devils will be wanting a reaction after losing the Community Shield and drawing the line Leeds are a newly promoted team. 1-3.

Arsenal - Stoke
Hugh Laurie: We did well in the market and need to start the season positively. 2-0.
Mark Lawrenson: I will also back the Gunners for a win here but it will be difficult. 2-1.

Southampton - Tottenham
Hugh Laurie: Spurs need to be kept at bay and I have faith the Saints will do just so. 2-1.
Mark Lawrenson: The visitors have put together a massive strike force and it will deliver goals - the question is can they protect a lead. 2-4.

Last season, Lawro was precise with his predictions and completely blew his guests out of the water:

Total scores for season 2014/15:
Lawro: 145
Guests: 128

View attachment 414238
Premier League 2015/16 kicks off!

Saturday 15th August 2015:

Manchester City - Chelsea 1-1
Jovetic (72); Ramos sent off (48), Lewandowski (73)

View attachment 414236View attachment 414235View attachment 414234

Fulham - Newcastle 2-3
Rhodes (42), Dejagah (69); Alvarez Balanta (22), Donovan (49), Suarez (59)

View attachment 414233View attachment 414232

Sunday 16th August 2015:

Arsenal - Stoke 0-1
Emanuelson (62)
View attachment 414231View attachment 414230

Leeds - Manchester United
0-2
Rooney (58), Di Maria (90+1)
View attachment 414229View attachment 414228

Monday 17th August 2015:

Southampton - Tottenham
1-4
Stanciu (13), Taylor sent off (46); Lennon (11), Bonaventura (51, 55, pen 64)
View attachment 414227View attachment 414226

League Table:

View attachment 414237

Gary Lineker: Good evening and welcome to Match of the Day for our thoughts on the 2015/16 Premier League season! It seems the race will be as tight as ever this time around and as we all know it is those direct 6-pointer clashes that play a decisive part in deciding who will fly and who will fall. For this reason we will be focusing solely on those giant games in Match of the Day. Stay with us as Alan Hansen and Alan Shearer aid me on analyzing the key aspects of what happened and why it happened for you!

Manchester City - Chelsea
1-1

View attachment 414223

Gary Lineker: The Etihad geared up for the first title contenders derby of the season as red hot favorites Chelsea came in Manchester. Fans and pundits expected a patient tactical game as neither team would have wanted to begin the campaign with a loss but it was probably Chelsea who had the slight advantage thanks to their positive moves on the market. The first half did little to disperse expectations but that quickly changed after the break when Sergio Ramos got himself sent off for a second yellow card. The Citizens appeared on track to win the encounter when Jovetic gave them the lead with less than 20 minutes to go but Chelsea struck back immediately with a Lewandowski goal and eventually held off for a valuable draw.
Alan Hansen: The red card got Mourinho out of his skin but also turned a cagey affair into a much more interesting game and the hosts tried to make the most of it. Had it not been for a lapse of concentration just after they took the lead they would have won it. They had total control over play and produced double the chances the visitors did. It comes to tell you how impressive the Blues are though - they can do well even when pushed into a corner and are still my favorite to win the title this season.
Alan Shearer: Substitute Jovetic has to be the pick of the game for me - he scored with his first touch after being introduced and got the PoM award. Courtois and Mangala both were at fault with that goal but Lewandowski did the best with the scrapes he had to work with to earn his team a point. I also thought Neymar had a poor debut for the visitors and he was rightly taken off in the second half.
Gary Lineker: It's very early to draw conclusions but what this derby tells us is the big teams will fight teeth and claws for any single point on the table. Jurgen Klopp will know his boys have missed a golden opportunity to make a flying start and even if Mourinho blasted the ref after the final whistle he will be far happier with the outcome.

Last edited:

Liam Gallagher @liamgallagher what a tool @ Marseilles can you--iiiiiiiiiiiiiii 1m

Hearing of a furious bust-up between Klopp and the board at #mcfc after the
Chelsea game re transfers more to follow LGx

Expand

Liam Gallagher @liamgallagher what a tool @ Marseilles can you--iiiiiiiiiiiiiii 1m

Huge scandal breaking up in Munich about tax issues with Guardiola contract
heavy rumors #mcfc set to take advantage LGx

Expand

View attachment 414207

Trio leave the Emirates
Fans sad to see Per and Lukas go

View attachment 414204
German spirit will be missed

View attachment 414206
By Alan Smith
10:12PM GMT 17 Aug 2015

Summer rebuilding at Arsenal has continued after the season kicked off. Wenger earned much praise for the sensible deals the club concluded so far but players have to leave and it will hurt to hear the first through the exit door is experienced defender Per Mertesacker (30) who has been allowed to return to Germany in a 2.0 million pounds deal with Schalke. Per spent four great years with the Gunners and made 95 league appearances with five goals.

View attachment 414200
Per returns to Germany

Another German to leave Arsenal is winger Lukas Podolski (30) after a 2.1 million pounds bid from Aston Villa was accepted. Lukas spent three years in London and managed 69 appearances and 21 goals. He has featured less recently and perhaps it was the right career choice to step down a level.

View attachment 414198
Lukas becomes a Villain

The third player Arsenal sold doesn't come as a surprise as he has been on the transfer list for some time now. Adel Taarabt (26) failed to impress during his spell at the Emirates and once Southampton lodged a 2.9 million pounds bid for him Wenger swiftly accepted it. Adel was with the Gunners for a single season but only managed six appearances from the bench without doing anything significant on the pitch.

View attachment 414192
Taarabt looks to put Arsenal spell behind his back

Per Mertesacker transfer verdict: 4.5/10 - it was obvious Per is not the player he used to be but his experience could have helped in a big season for the Gunners so he could have been given another year.

Lukas Podolski transfer verdict: 5.5/10 - the German was past his best and it was the right call to let him go.

Adel Taarabt transfer verdict: 3.5/10 - while it was correct to sell him the club took a huge loss and it will remain a mystery why he was brought in to begin with.

#mcfc set to make huge announcement linked with FC Bayern crisis LGx

Expand

Back