Blasphemy! Seven clubs lock horns for the title after sir Alex Ferguson's retirement!

• Thread starter Thread starter KevinHann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 373K

Simon Pegg @simonpegg what a tool @ Marseilles can yo-----i------ue 1m

#ChampionsLeague
#CFC - Steaua 4-1
Caulker (59), Oscar (61, 69), Bordea o.g. (84); Chifa (30)

Expand

Liam Gallagher @liamgallagher what a tool @ Marseilles can you--iiiiiiiiiiiiiii 1m

#ChampionsLeague
FC Kobenhavn - #mcfc 0-2
Modric (9), Ronaldo (16), Vidal sent off (77)
LGx

Expand

Hugh Laurie @hughlaurie what a tool @ Marseilles can -u--------------e 1m

Europa League
Arsenal - Standard 2-1
Campbell (2), Cavani (pen 39);
Demeyere sent off (58), Millecamps (66), Beckers sent off (80)

Expand

View attachment 413735

Premier League predictions: Lawro v Leonardo DiCaprio

BBC Sport's football expert Mark Lawrenson is pitting his wits against a different guest each week this season.

This week he takes on Hollywood superstar actor, producer and Liverpool fan Leonardo DiCaprio who has been nominated for three Academy Awards and nine Golden Globe Awards. DiCaprio won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor for his performance in The Aviator.

View attachment 413733
Lawro vs Liverpool fan Leo

A correct result is worth ONE point. A correct score earns THREE points.

Manchester City - Liverpool
Leonardo DiCaprio: I must back a good result for the lads here, don't I? 1-1.
Mark Lawrenson: Sorry Liverpool fans, this might be embarrassing. 5-1.

Chelsea - Nottingham Forest
Leonardo DiCaprio: This will be pretty much one sided. 3-0.
Mark Lawrenson: I can't see anything different than a big home win here. 4-1.

Newcastle - Arsenal
Leonardo DiCaprio: I can see these two take points off each other, the champions are in a rough patch now. 2-2.
Mark Lawrenson: The Magpies had a rocky spell recently but the Gunners are way worse at the moment. 3-1.

Tottenham - Manchester United
Leonardo DiCaprio: This will be a true spectacles, question is who will score more. 4-3.
Mark Lawrenson: Could go either way, but I'll back the Red Devils. 2-3.

Last week, Lawro got four results right, with two perfect scores. His score of 8 completely blew out of the water the predictions of Manchester United fan Usain Bolt, who scored 1, only managing one correct result with no perfect scores.

Total scores after Week Four
Lawro: 18
Guests: 4

View attachment 413729
Premier League
Round 5

Saturday 19th September 2015:

Manchester City - Liverpool 4-0
Modric (23), Ronaldo (27, 30), Messi (33)

View attachment 413728View attachment 413727

Chelsea - Nottingham Forest 2-0
Neymar (26), Ramos (48); Haidara sent off (79)
View attachment 413726View attachment 413725

Sunday 20th September 2015:

Newcastle - Arsenal 3-2
Suarez (14, 38, 90); El Shaarawy (34), Isco (67)
View attachment 413723View attachment 413722View attachment 413721

Tottenham - Manchester United 1-1

Payet (69); Rooney (16)
View attachment 413720View attachment 413719View attachment 413718

League Table:

View attachment 413717

Gary Lineker: Good evening and welcome to Match of the Day for our thoughts on the 2015/16 Premier League season! It seems the race will be as tight as ever this time around and as we all know it is those direct 6-pointer clashes that play a decisive part in deciding who will fly and who will fall. For this reason we will be focusing solely on those giant games in Match of the Day. Stay with us as Alan Hansen and Alan Shearer aid me on analyzing the key aspects of what happened and why it happened for you!

Newcastle - Arsenal
3-2
View attachment 413714

Gary Lineker: Unexpectedly it was two underperforming teams meeting in a title contenders clash at Saint James' Park. Newcastle entertained an appalling Arsenal side needing no less than three points to keep their title defense bid alive. Suarez gave the hosts the lead twice in the first half sandwiching an El Shaarawy goal but Isco once again pulled the visitors on level terms after the break. It was seeming the game was heading towards a draw despite the Magpies putting more and more pressure on the Gunners but they somehow got the winner at the death, Luis Suarez sealing his hattrick.
Alan Hansen: It is becoming obvious Newcastle are having problems in defense since the sale of Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa and lack of experience in that area is haunting them at the moment. The Gunners created very little and somehow were able to get back in the game twice. Discipline might also turn into a problem for the usually aggressive hosts as they continue to rack up plenty of cards. They won the game today but you could see nerves setting in and it's never a good sign.
Alan Shearer: Luis Suarez was without a doubt the top player in that game, scoring all home goals and taking the PoM award. Peruzzi also impressed down the right flank, providing an assist. It was a poor game for Marquinhos and the young defender is struggling to adapt to the Premier League. Isco did well for the Gunners but defensive lapses from Nkoulou, Davies and captain Vermaelen were costly. Sirigu especially had a real nightmare of a game.
Gary Lineker: It was a hard-fought win for Newcastle and perhaps they got a little lucky in the end but they will hope that's enough to kick-start their season. Arsenal continue to perform way below expectations and Arsene Wenger is in all kinds of trouble right now.

Gary Lineker: Good evening and welcome to Match of the Day for our thoughts on the 2015/16 Premier League season! It seems the race will be as tight as ever this time around and as we all know it is those direct 6-pointer clashes that play a decisive part in deciding who will fly and who will fall. For this reason we will be focusing solely on those giant games in Match of the Day. Stay with us as Alan Hansen and Alan Shearer aid me on analyzing the key aspects of what happened and why it happened for you!

Tottenham - Manchester United
1-1
View attachment 413711

Gary Lineker: Two high-flying title contenders met at White Hart Lane as Red Devils took the train for London. Both clubs were in a good position and could afford to settle for a draw - even though a win would have allowed them to keep the pace of red hot favorites Chelsea and Man City, who had already booked three points in their respective games. As expected, the hosts had a slight advantage but it was the visitors who had the lead at half time thanks to an early goal from Wayne Rooney. The home side picked up the tempo after the break and got a valuable equalizer with a good Payet strike but neither team showed willingness to take risks in the closing stages and it ended in a draw.
Alan Hansen: I think this game was very physical and it wasn't as much for lack of balls but no sufficient energy left in the tank at the end that caused the cautious endspiel. Rafael and Coentrao picked up knocks and it was the least both teams could have suffered as casualties considering how tired they all seemed after the final whistle. Overall it was a good strategic battle and the result was a fair representation on what we saw on the pitch.
Alan Shearer: Payet was the standalone player for the home side, picking up the PoM award for the constant threat he posed in the final third. Sandro was also very good controlling the midfield. De Gea and Rafael were the best players for the Red Devils and played a big part in beating off Spurs' late charge for a winner.
Gary Lineker: I don't think Laudrup or Moyes will be disappointed with this score. Both of them wanted to avoid a loss and it was mission accomplished - but they should be aware this mindset won't keep them close to Chelsea and Man City for long.

English Title Contenders Cup Watch
View attachment 413708

Third Round

Tuesday 22nd September 2015:

Newcastle - Preston 2-1
Januzaj (47), Zouma (57); Davies (36)
View attachment 413702View attachment 413701

Chelsea - Barnsley 2-0
Terry (38), Willian (79); Dunne sent off (89)
View attachment 413700View attachment 413699

Bradford - Manchester City 1-4
Doyle (53); Vidal (4), Messi (32), Ronaldo (48), Fernandinho (75)
View attachment 413698View attachment 413697

Tottenham - Coventry 2-0
Bertrand (33), Lawal (47)
View attachment 413696View attachment 413695

Wednesday 23rd September 2015:

Arsenal - Blackburn 2-1
Cavani (63), El Shaarawy (90+4); Chicksen (9)
View attachment 413694View attachment 413693

View attachment 413689

Premier League predictions: Lawro v Simon Pegg

BBC Sport's football expert Mark Lawrenson is pitting his wits against a different guest each week this season.

This week he takes on English actor, comedian, writer, film producer, director and Chelsea fan Simon Pegg. He is best known for having co-written and starred in the Edgar Wright features Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and The World's End, and the comedy series Spaced.

View attachment 413682
Lawro vs Chelsea fan Simon

Chelsea - Blackburn
Simon Pegg: I'll go for a surprise here despite my desires, Rovers have built a nice team. 1-1.
Mark Lawrenson: Sorry, can't see past the Blues for this one. 3-0.

Manchester City - Crystal Palace
Simon Pegg: Can't bet against the Citizens here. 4-0.
Mark Lawrenson: The way City play right now the only question is will the visitors hold to a respectable loss. 5-1.

Swansea - Manchester United
Simon Pegg: This is as good a place for Man United to drop points as any. 2-2.
Mark Lawrenson: The Red Devils will win this, one way or another. 1-3.

Newcastle - Liverpool
Simon Pegg: I'll back the champions here. 2-0.
Mark Lawrenson: I don't think rumors of pressure growing on Hristov are true and nevertheless I can't see the Magpies dropping points at home to a promoted team, no disrespect to Liverpool. 4-1.

Arsenal - Nottingham Forest
Simon Pegg: This is a great opportunity for the Gunners and they will take it. 3-0.
Mark Lawrenson: I second that but given the precarious position Arsenal are in, it will be a struggle - 2-1.

Everton - Tottenham
Simon Pegg: I believe we will emerge victorious from this trip to Liverpool. 1-3.
Mark Lawrenson: Nobody should underestimate the Toffees this season, if they can beat Man United - they can get a result here. 2-2.

Last week, Lawro got three results right, with no perfect scores. His score of 3 was just enough to beat the predictions of Liverpool fan Leonardo DiCaprio, who scored 1, managing one correct result with no perfect scores.

Total scores after Week Five
Lawro: 21
Guests: 5

View attachment 413671
Premier League
Round 6

Saturday 26th September 2015:

Chelsea - Blackburn 1-0
David Luiz (42)
View attachment 413668View attachment 413667

Manchester City - Crystal Palace 4-1
Ronaldo (34), Modric (44), Williamson o.g. (57), Silva (87); Jerome (64)
View attachment 413665View attachment 413664

Swansea - Manchester United 1-3
Michu (42); Nani (10), Hernandez (39), Smalling (55)
View attachment 413663View attachment 413662

Newcastle - Liverpool 3-0
Lamela (1, 35), Cabaye (3), Baines sent off (12)
View attachment 413661View attachment 413660

Sunday 27th September 2015:

Arsenal - Nottingham Forest 3-0
Isco (14), Reyes (62), Vela (90+1)
View attachment 413659View attachment 413658

Monday 28th September 2015:

Everton - Tottenham
0-1
Higuain (49)
View attachment 413657View attachment 413656

League Table:

View attachment 413654

Liam Gallagher @liamgallagher what a tool @ Marseilles can you--iiiiiiiiiiiiiii 1m

#ChampionsLeague
#mcfc - FC Porto 4-1
Sigurdsson (pen 18, 45, 57), Messi (25); Lucho Gonzalez (31)
LGx

Expand

Memorable Champions League night results in new contract for Hristov!

View attachment 413557
Rob Lee
Published at 11:54PM, September 30 2015

Two-times running champions Newcastle had a slow start to the season with notorious 3-0 and 2-0 leads against Manchester United and Tottenham surrendered to eventually lose the former game 3-4 and only get a 2-2 draw in the latter. It built up to press reports Dimiter Hristov's future as Newcastle manager might be under consideration - and his cause wasn't helped by his usual habit of signing 1-year deals. Fast forward a couple weeks and the Magpies were about to welcome Dortmund at Saint James' Park in a massive Champions League game on the back of last-breath 3-2 success over Arsenal and a convincing 3-0 win over Liverpool. The Geordie crowd was buzzing awaiting another free-scoring show but the visitors silenced the stadium with a first-minute strike from wonderkid Timo Werner. Instead of improving, the Magpies quickly conceded a second when Dortmund executed a perfect counter attack to release Thomas Muller in a shooting position and he calmly slotted the ball home.

View attachment 413547View attachment 413546View attachment 413545
Saint James' Park witnesses most memorable European night in club history

Any other team would have been shell-shocked at such a horrid start - but not the Magpies. Memphis Depay stepped up to the plate to celebrate a quick three-minute double strike and secure a 2-2 half-time break. What happened after that will be forever remembered in the Geordie folklore. Landon Donovan gave us the lead and Depay completed his hattrick until the hour mark at which point it became evident Dortmund would not be able to salvage anything from this game. But Newcastle didn't stop here. Adnan Januzaj hit another two, Zouma added a seventh and the visitors just wanted it to be over. There was just enough time for Januzaj to complete the second hattrick of the night. Final score Newcastle 8, Dortmund 2!! After such a glorious night the board had no choice but to submit to manager Hristov's demands to re-sign his contract running down at the end of the season while accepting to look for a feeder club and boost the current wage budget from 2.33 million pounds weekly to 3.14 million pounds weekly - to translate it for the fans it means additional 42.0 million pounds for transfers should the budget be adjusted!

View attachment 413544

September Watch

View attachment 413543
Premier League Table

The Contenders:

Chelsea (1st; 16pts; +10) - the Blues picked up all 9 points on offer this month and not only climbed to the top but also opened up a nice 3 point lead!
Player of the month: Steven Caulker (DC) 7.76
2 Current first team injuries:
Kevin Strootman (DM/MC) - 1-4 days (groin strain)
John Obi Mikel (DM/MC) - 2-3 weeks (double hernia)

Manchester City (3rd; 13pts; +11) - the Citizens also took all 9 points on offer and climbed up to third, just three behind leaders Chelsea!
Player of the month: Cristiano Ronaldo (AMRL/ST) 8.32
0 Current first team injuries.

Manchester United
(4th; 13pts; +7) - the Red Devils only managed 4 points this month and dropped down to fourth even though they are still within touching distance to the top.
Player of the month: Gareth Bale (AMRLC) 7.24
3 Current first team injuries:
Angel Di Maria (AMRLC) - 2-4 days (twisted knee)
Nani (AMRL) - 3 weeks (dislocated jaw)
Robin van Persie (ST) - 11 days (knock)

Newcastle (5th; 13pts; +5) - the Magpies picked up 7 points this month which might be short of flawless but just good enough to hang in with the chasing pack.
Player of the month: Memphis Depay (AMRL/ST) 8.16
0 Current first team injuries.

Tottenham (7th; 12pts; +7) - Spurs only got 5 points this month and slided down to seventh although their fixture list was horrific.
Player of the month: Ryan Bertrand (D/WB/AML) 7.66
Andre Ayew (AML) - 2-7 days (twisted ankle)
Diego Costa (AMRC/ST) - 9 days (knock)

Arsenal (17th; 4pts; -2) - the Gunners managed just four points this month - which is still four points better than what they got in the previous one - it's not exactly title contender material but at least gets them out of the bottom three.
Player of the month: Nicolas Nkoulou (DC/DM) 7.44
Bernard (AMLC/ST) - 2 months (torn hamstring)
Theo Walcott (AMR/ST) - 4 days (knock)

Other teams to watch:

Stoke (2nd) - the Potters simply astonished the Premier League with their six-games unbeaten start of the season to mix it with the top guns!

Everton (6th) - the Toffees lost pace but remain pretty close and can look forward to a thrilling fight for Europe.

Leeds (12th) - the best promoted club so far even though they are just 3 points above the bottom three.

Liverpool (16th) - the promoted club are struggling to pull away from the bottom three for the time being and it might be a long season for Merseyside red fans.

Blackburn, Swansea and Crystal Palace occupy the bottom three and the latter two are yet to book a win, although Rovers are only there because of goal difference.

September Player of the Month:
Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester City)
View attachment 413539

September Young Player of the Month:
James Ward-Prowse (Leeds)
View attachment 413540

September Manager of the Month:
Jurgen Klopp (Manchester City)
View attachment 413541

Leading Goalscorers:
View attachment 413542

Hugh Laurie @hughlaurie what a tool @ Marseilles can -u--------------e 1m

Europa League
Gladbach - Arsenal 2-1
Raffael (49), Wolters (90); Vela (74)

Expand

Last edited:
View attachment 413530

Premier League predictions: Lawro v Sting

This week he takes on songwriter, lead singer and bassist for The Police and Newcastle fan Sting. As a solo musician and member of the Police, Sting has received 16 Grammy Awards, three Brit Awards, a Golden Globe, an Emmy Award, and several Oscar nominations for Best Original Song.

View attachment 413529
Lawro vs Newcastle fan Sting

Aston Villa - Chelsea
Sting: The Blues can't just keep winning, they will make a wrong step and I'll go for it here - 1-1.
Mark Lawrenson: I won't be betting against the Blues right now. 1-3.

Manchester United - Cardiff
Sting: The Red Devils have more than enough to win this comfortably. 3-0.
Mark Lawrenson: I'll also go with the home side here. 4-2.

Everton - Newcastle
Sting: I simply must back us for a win here, Everton are losing ground already and we were exceptional midweek - 1-4.
Mark Lawrenson: I will go for a surprise here. 2-2.

Crystal Palace - Arsenal
Sting: The Gunners might be in dire straits but this is a game they will win. 1-3.
Mark Lawrenson: Thing is I'm not sure Arsenal will even get three points there, but I'll side with them on this occasion. 0-2.

Tottenham - Swansea
Sting: I'd like to say otherwise but Spurs are too good for Swansea. 3-0.
Mark Lawrenson: I think Spurs are reverting to their old inconsistent selves. 2-2.

Blackburn - Manchester City
Sting: Tough call but Rovers have more quality than given credit for and City are way too confident to avoid complacency so why not? 2-1.
Mark Lawrenson: Can't even imagine Messi, Ronaldo and all the others will fail to beat the likes of promoted Blackburn, even away from home. 1-4.

Last week, Lawro got five results right, with one perfect score. His score of 7 was enough to beat the predictions of Chelsea fan Simon Pegg, who scored 6, managing four correct results with one perfect score.

Total scores after Week Six
Lawro: 28
Guests: 11

Back