Blatter labels England "bad losers"

• Thread starter Thread starter GodCubed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 126
  • Views Views 5K
[/COLOR]
Except that Platini is French. :)
really??? are you sure???

of course he's french - read it again, Blatter was abused by an English man, took it out on Platini and blamed the english man for it all....

Off topic but we "Great Britain" have won it "eurovision" 5 times...
97' Katrina and the waves :wub:

however i definitely get your point!!

fifa said that england was the only country that could host the world cup 2moro
they also said that if they wanted to make the most money england would be best
plus in the presentation things we said that if we won we would put as much money into world wide football as fifa do

but the world cup goes to a country were the stadiums will a third full after the world cup every week

Just an off-topic questions. Have FIFA always announced 2 world cup hosts all the time, or was this years, just a one-off

@mfage

Off topic butI wouldn't say that everyone hates England, I would say it is the media, I personally don't hate England but i dread them winning anything because the media blow it totally out of proportion and they never drop it.

I believe there is corruption within FIFA but there is no doubt that England are being sore losers about this.

what's this then?! that doesn't seem directed at any media to me...

Considering blatter is one of the biggest criminals involved in football - his words annoy me!

Maybe our bribe was not as huge as the russians, or the russian mafia sent you death threats :)

all in all....blatter - your a **** :)

so happy

glad england didnt get it there so far up there own **** tubes its unbelievable!
home of football??
im believe thats scotland yet they try say there the home of football england altogether is just a joke!
think they can get what they want when they CANT!!

fifa are the power of football not you *****!!

get a grip england you posh stuck up arrogant ***** ! boo hoo too yoo '#

Trying to think of this logically. Is it really a bad thing? Look at the economy. Will it be back to usual by then? I doubt it, because Labour screwed up so royally, it'll take a good while, so the cost of the World Cup here potentially would have made it worse. I don't mind that much Russia getting the world cup, apart from the fact there's very open racism and tickets would cost up to 300 per cent more than usual. And to be frank, after the way the squad is playing right now, and the fact that after the Euro's we'll have a new gaffer, I see it as we need time for a period of transision for the squad. Total rebuild.
And by that time, Blatter should be gone (unless he's cryogenically frozen just to pee us off even more), we should have a better squad, and be more prepared to at least make more than a half hearted attempt to win something. But I agree Qatar getting the World Cup was taking the michael. Australia would've been better if FIFA didn't pick England. And maybe Scotland will have a much better team than the garbage they have right now, so the UK can make a decent attempt as a whole along with Wales and the Irish.
Or am I missing something? Just thought I'd dabble my oar in the water

The English have been bad losers, but they deserved to be. After all, having the best resources, finances and passion/fanbase, since when is that not enough ?

What I hate is how everyone is going on about English being bad losers, so u guys mean to say there are no Polish, Spanish, Italian people who are bad losers, stop generalising a persons character by his nationality guys,

I'm not generalising, what I'm saying is, even though the English are being 'bad losers' about the WC Bid, they have a right to be 'bad losers'

I'm not generalising, what I'm saying is, even though the English are being 'bad losers' about the WC Bid, they have a right to be 'bad losers'

lol, anyone would be a bad loser if u consider that we were by far the strongest bid and we were refused on blatant corruption, the thing ******* me off is that everyone says how English are the bad losers but they would be moaning too if their bid got refused, anyways i understand what u meant :)

Yeah, I'm a bit frustrated that Australia lost out to Qatar, so I understand where England is coming from aswell... :S

glad england didnt get it there so far up there own **** tubes its unbelievable!
home of football??
im believe thats scotland yet they try say there the home of football england altogether is just a joke!
think they can get what they want when they CANT!!

fifa are the power of football not you *****!!

get a grip england you posh stuck up arrogant ***** ! boo hoo too yoo '#

Sigh.

Even if the game wasn't first from England, the English codified the Laws of the Game and published them. This laid the foundations for the modern game, and gave proper written rules to football for the first time. It's generally accepted that this is when football started as a sport.

I don't see why we couldn't get what we wanted? We wanted the World Cup, we had the best overall bid. Why couldn't we have it? Sepp and FIFA's alleged corruption. And that's why we're annoyed.

So please do us all a favour and shut up.

All aussys sticking up for us!

I hope not, my brain wouldn't be able to take it. Aussies sticking up for us? Whoaa... :P

Yeah, I'm a bit frustrated that Australia lost out to Qatar, so I understand where England is coming from aswell... :S

That's another thing, how the **** did Australia get only one vote? South Korea/Japan has hosted one eight years ago, so they wouldn't deserve it, and the USA hosted the competition not so long ago which was the worst World Cup possibly ever. That leaves Qatar and Australia. Qatar has no stadiums, few fans, **** leagues, no good players, is in the middle of a desert and is utterly tiny. Australia is well stocked with stadiums, has a large and passionate fanbase, decent enough leagues and has many good players like Cahill and Kewell who play in the biggest leagues in the world. It's a disgrace.

Im suprised how people are focusing on england. The Aussies were furious over 2022, spain/portgual were pretty unhappy too. In fact its hard to find any of the losing sides that were happy.

My question is, we had broken promises from 2006, why on gods earth would we think it would be different this time round?

My question is, we had broken promises from 2006, why on gods earth would we think it would be different this time round?

We're far too optimistic, as a nation. We always think it'll be "better next time".

Back