9Batistuta

Reaction score
BLOOD DIAMOND FM17

I started a career at Barnet and wanted to work my way up to a one of the big teams in the PL. After two back-to-back promotions with Barnet I went to Fulham to clinch the Championship title. After a short spell at Southampton it was a dream come true when Newcastle hired me as their manager. I wanted to win the PL with them and in my third season at the club, we did it(A)using the Blood Diamond tactic.

It doesn't matter where or when you use it, the Blood Diamond works in every league, with every team(H)
When you buy a lot of new players, it sometimes needs some time to get up to steam. In the end it never fails to bring you succes, so don't change anything and keep calm.

View attachment 91086View attachment 91080

I developed the Blood Diamond tactic for CM0102 and I have been using it ever since. It's a simple 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond and it has brought me great succes in FM17:D

View attachment 91091View attachment 91087

Set your favourite tactic to 4-1-2-1-2 in your manager profile and put it in all three slots in the game!

The aim of the tactic is to attack through te middle using 8 players and if that doesn't work, the two wingbacks will overlap and cross te ball. The play will be in a very high tempo using short passing. When you attack it will be more of a 2-1-2-3-2 formation. You will score lots of goals because of the five attacking players and the two central midfielders making runs into the box.

View attachment 91090

Opposition Instructions

Ok i want try it whit Istant Result and Torino FC media prediction 10th on Serie A Tim (italy).

Gonna test with Antwerp (Belgium - 2nd division - prediction: 1st)

Torino 'El Toro' has that brilliant striker.... He's perfect BELOTTI

Torino 'El Toro' has that brilliant striker.... He's perfect BELOTTI

Yeah and Falque for T C :D :D
NO3OI.png

NO4zU.png

Remember i play only whit istant result :D

At Barnet, did you already play with CF? Or can you adjust to your strikers...

Yes, although they weren't that complete;) Thierry Ambrose is fast and he can finish, that's all you really need at that level. The reason they are Complete Forwards has to do with their role in the team. They roam from their position and do a lot of defensive work(H)

I wouldn't adjust anything. At that level make sure your strikers are fast and can finish. Ambrose, Akpom, Armstrong. They are set to CF on support for a tactical reason.

IN TRAINING you should probably change their training from CF to Poacher, that's what I did at the lower levels.

Ok thanks, i'm loving the tactic, the attacking play. Curious if it also works against big teams..

Ok thanks, i'm loving the tactic, the attacking play. Curious if it also works against big teams..

Football is all about the quality of the players. In the PL you will struggle to get a good result in away games against the big boys. Just buy better players and eventually you'll do fine against every team.

Football is all about the quality of the players. In the PL you will struggle to get a good result in away games against the big boys. Just buy better players and eventually you'll do fine against every team.

True, i do have a good team (playing the tactic in my Club Brugge safe, 3 titles in a row but always losing in quarter final of champ league). Hopefully good results in europe now!