Bluth's Asymmetric 4-2-3-1 for 14.3 (Double with Everton and Double with Roma)

Great tactic m8. Stilll testin and playin around with different teams/players, but im gonna start up a new save as soon as i figure some things out. ! What i would like to know, what players to use in different roles ? Especially the striker and the LCB. What attributes do i have to look out for. I read the OP, but since then the roles have all changed in V4.

Also, can the AP be an attacking AP like Sneijder or, does he have to have some decent defending stats as well since theres bassicly only one midfielder behind him. Who's set as an DLP

I've only used the original rosters of the the teams I was testing with, no transfers at all, so practically anyone can work. If you're building a team, for the striker you only really need to focus on finishing and speed. With the left and right backs, marking and tackling are important, but crossing is huge. If you can get a good crosser in those roles, they'll give you assist after assist.

AP can be full-on attacker. He's set to close down more and tight marking, so even if his defensive stats aren't great, he'll get in the way and slow things down to give time for the other mid and back 4 to clean things up. A defensive AP would work, but not as well, actually, since he's a main creative force upfront.

might try this one, always looking for new tactical ideas :)

A couple of questions: I read this tactic features out and out wingers (right foot/right side etc) though I see a lot of inverted wingers in your screenshots (pienaar, snodgrass, inui, herrera, saborit) so what's the best option in your opinion? does it make a huge difference in the way the tactic plays?

Also who's the primary goal scorer in this formation usually? SS or DLF?

thanks for any advice :)

Last edited:
might try this one, always looking for new tactical ideas :)

A couple of questions: I read this tactic features out and out wingers (right foot/right side etc) though I see a lot of inverted wingers in your screenshots (pienaar, snodgrass, inui, herrera, saborit) so what's the best option in your opinion? does it make a huge difference in the way the tactic plays?

Also who's the primary goal scorer in this formation usually? SS or DLF?

thanks for any advice :)

I guess I stick whoever is healthy in there ;) But in an ideal situation, I'd have a right footer on the right, left on left, though to be honest it only matters for crosses. They'll still cut inside and get on the ends of crosses themselves, often with their head, so that's an important stat to consider too.

This tactic really spreads your scorers out. You typically won't have one person dominating with 90% of your goals or anything. They are pretty evenly spread out between the DLF, the SS, and the 2 wingers, who get on the end of lots of crosses themselves.

Let me know if you try it out!

I guess I stick whoever is healthy in there ;) But in an ideal situation, I'd have a right footer on the right, left on left, though to be honest it only matters for crosses. They'll still cut inside and get on the ends of crosses themselves, often with their head, so that's an important stat to consider too.

This tactic really spreads your scorers out. You typically won't have one person dominating with 90% of your goals or anything. They are pretty evenly spread out between the DLF, the SS, and the 2 wingers, who get on the end of lots of crosses themselves.

Let me know if you try it out!

thanks, will certainly do!

I only recently went back playing FM14 after a 6 months break, seems to me that 14.3 ME doesnt like goals scored by strikers/poachers or it's just me? Hope it's not the case as I always like having a prolific superstar striker ;)

I think its better defensively with a BBM and Anchorman for sure.

Still working a treat for me. 4th Season with Aston Villa! Jack Grealish is awesome! lol

Sorry to be a pain in the **** mate but could you put up a link for it for me please? Thanks