This is fantastic. I used this in combination with Structure Attack in my first season with Charlton. Won the Championship easily, clear of second place by 12 points. Excited to see how it works in the top flight.

can i ask what is the mentality?? counter and fluid?? i cant download so im just hoping this way wil work

View attachment 223801

Well. I have to change something. It's hard to field a premiership-quality team in the first year with Charlton, but this is bad.

Two things stand out. First, I've lost players to straight reds in 3 the first halves of 3 of the past 6 matches. Second, I'm conceding a huge number of chances with opposing attackers often being 1v1 on my goalkeeper. This is in the counter and attacking versions.

View attachment 955359

Well. I have to change something. It's hard to field a premiership-quality team in the first year with Charlton, but this is bad.

Two things stand out. First, I've lost players to straight reds in 3 the first halves of 3 of the past 6 matches. Second, I'm conceding a huge number of chances with opposing attackers often being 1v1 on my goalkeeper. This is in the counter and attacking versions.

Wow, I've never seen results that bad with this :p

1) for less cards, uncheck tackle harder or mark tighter for everyone
2) for less 1v1, set one or two more people back on corners, free kicks and throws (that seems to be when they happen most)
3) It's Charlton in the Prem so...gonna be hard no matter what

I've gone on a good run and moved up to mid-table. The only thing I did was to stop using your other tactics. I use only the counter right now. I couple of good wins (especially at Man City) really helped morale of the squad, which was terrible.

Hopefully staying up, which I'm pretty confident about now, will provide the funds to start to buy top-flight quality players. As it stands, I have mostly a Championship quality side, and a pretty mediocre one at that.

Pictures later.

on an urge i gave this one a go with the absolutely horrible Hungarian national team :D safe to say we overachieved, qualified to the European Championship first from the group and also progressed from the Championship group proper; the highlight was beating Spain in the group only to be trashed by Ukraine in the very first round, but even so it's way more than you'd expect from this sad bunch of players :D

I have a mind to keep going and try to qualify for the World Cup, I might throw in your 442 and your attacking one as well into the mix though I'm not sure if the latter one would be a good idea with this player pool. Anyhow, we'll see what happens, but I've sure had a fun ride so far with expected downs and ridiculous ups :D

heh, this is nuts. I kept on playing with Hungary and once again managed to qualify first from our group, this time to the World Cup of course, and yet again progressed from the tournament group, beating Holland on the way. crashed out in the first round once again but still it's just way too good for a team this bad :D had enough of them though afterward and after hanging around for a few months I've taken over Sunderland who were adrift in the bottom reaches of the Championship. 7 or so matches in, so far so good, although now I'm combining this one with your 4-4-2 and possibly going to use that one more frequently with the Cats; anyhow, good tactic, of course it helps if you have the right players for it but it can definitely cause some serious upsets with garbage tier teams as well :d thumbs up

heh, this is nuts. I kept on playing with Hungary and once again managed to qualify first from our group, this time to the World Cup of course, and yet again progressed from the tournament group, beating Holland on the way. crashed out in the first round once again but still it's just way too good for a team this bad :D had enough of them though afterward and after hanging around for a few months I've taken over Sunderland who were adrift in the bottom reaches of the Championship. 7 or so matches in, so far so good, although now I'm combining this one with your 4-4-2 and possibly going to use that one more frequently with the Cats; anyhow, good tactic, of course it helps if you have the right players for it but it can definitely cause some serious upsets with garbage tier teams as well :d thumbs up

That's great! I'm glad it's still working out (H)

some real Championship drama to end the season with. got the last playoff spot on the very last day of the season, then in the semi-final we lost 3-0 to Bournemouth at home. I was already giving up and saying "well, next year", but then an 5-1 away win happened so we got into the final and my hopes went up. Brentford was 3-1 up in no time though but we managed to turn it around and equalize, and 90 minutes ended with 3-3. practically nothing happened in the extra time, and I was already braced for the penalty shootout, but then in the 120something minute some Filip Kiss thought he'd let fly from a distance and, of course, goal, so we lost. not a bad run though, considering Sunderland was last but one when I took over, but still disappointing to miss out on promotion that way :p anyway, my contract runs till the end of next year, hopefully we'll do it now that I'll have the whole season to manage.

View attachment 223265 View attachment 223264 View attachment 223263

I took after the 0-3 home loss to Derby, pretty decent run, maybe a bit too many draws and definitely could and hopefully will improve the defense. here's my best starting 11 when everyone was available. Larsson was incredible on the right wing even though he can hardly walk anymore :D

some real Championship drama to end the season with. got the last playoff spot on the very last day of the season, then in the semi-final we lost 3-0 to Bournemouth at home. I was already giving up and saying "well, next year", but then an 5-1 away win happened so we got into the final and my hopes went up. Brentford was 3-1 up in no time though but we managed to turn it around and equalize, and 90 minutes ended with 3-3. practically nothing happened in the extra time, and I was already braced for the penalty shootout, but then in the 120something minute some Filip Kiss thought he'd let fly from a distance and, of course, goal, so we lost. not a bad run though, considering Sunderland was last but one when I took over, but still disappointing to miss out on promotion that way :p anyway, my contract runs till the end of next year, hopefully we'll do it now that I'll have the whole season to manage.

View attachment 956632 View attachment 956633 View attachment 956635

I took after the 0-3 home loss to Derby, pretty decent run, maybe a bit too many draws and definitely could and hopefully will improve the defense. here's my best starting 11 when everyone was available. Larsson was incredible on the right wing even though he can hardly walk anymore :D

Unlucky ending....but great results still!

Which one works the best - original or F9 tweak?

Yea, it's crazy good. It's the only one I play with now. I didn't post it because I didn't know if anyone still plays FM15 or if I'm the only one still :p

Don't worry GobBluthJD, you're not alone. I have been using your tactics and everything has been going well. Would be keen to try your latest creation... if possible. Cheers :D

Yea, it's crazy good. It's the only one I play with now. I didn't post it because I didn't know if anyone still plays FM15 or if I'm the only one still :p

Post it, please. There's some life here yet...

you don't have fm 16? I'm quitte sure a lot of people could use your tactics over there!

Yes please Bluth!! Your 442 got me successive promotions to Prem with Wimbledon, Titles in every division followed by 14 placed finish in first Prem season! Seems to be slowing up for me and would love this 451 to compliment that. Hopefully reignite my team!!