Board Takeover

Wolves_Dan

Reaction score
Was just wondering when their's a takeover at your club, does it ever end in you having ALOT of money to spend?, e.g. do billionaires ever take over?
thanks

Only ever happened to me once, when I was Plymouth. But about 7 out of 10 times it's just another board member taking over as Chairman which doesn't effect you much financially

33mtpo0.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

UPDATE**

They have let me keep my job, and spent 7million upgrading training facilities, although i havent gained any extra transfer funds, AND the take-over happened all over january so i couldnt do any business :(

all this is random, sometimes you get a good board takeover and sometimes its just the chairman

I've played 3 games and a total of around 9 seasons (on all saves together) and its the first time i've had a takeover, and its a crappy one =[
wanted 50 million to spend !

ive been taken over many times, but then ive played many more saves and seasons than you lol.

the best was wen i was united. an arab billionairre bought out the glazers after they gave me five seasons of crappy budgets (15mill, 20mill, 11mill, 21mill, 7mill?!) i then had 350mill to spend! 102 million was a disgusting amount to have to pay to get ronaldo back, but it was worth it....

i've tested with west ham, portsmouth (old patch), crystal palace, newcastle. the 1st 2 are just the change in the chairman whereas the other 2 are fans' trust. wont deny that i would like to spend big as well, but simply havent been too lucky

---------- Post added at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 AM ----------

ive been taken over many times, but then ive played many more saves and seasons than you lol.

the best was wen i was united. an arab billionairre bought out the glazers after they gave me five seasons of crappy budgets (15mill, 20mill, 11mill, 21mill, 7mill?!) i then had 350mill to spend! 102 million was a disgusting amount to have to pay to get ronaldo back, but it was worth it....
lucky guy lol :D

yea im usually lower league manager, working on a shoestring, so i felt this little luxury was justified!

I had quite a few takeovers happening when I manage back-to-back promotions to the highest tiers and people try to jump on the bandwagon and buy the club.

The biggest I ever had was some consortium that bought out Leeds United in my first Prem season, giving me a 60M budget to go nuts....

i remember my mate got taken over by a Chilean business man and got a transfer budget of £278,000,000!
at first i thought he'd edited his game :L

luckily for you nikhil 1892, your embargo was placed out of the transfer window

The one you want is a Tycoon buying the club, i was West Ham and I got over £70 million in January 1st season 2 spend and they upgraded the youth and senior trainning ground and they built a new stadium but you have to get lucky the only other way that I know of is it edit the game and make your current owner a sugar daddy but i find this to be very unrealistic and boring after a while. :)

In my current save, second season with Leeds, undefeated top of the Championship after 2 games, I have both a Fans' trust AND a consortium of businessmen planning a takeover.
Only a matter of time 'til a tycoon gets on board for a real battle royal for my club....

I got promoted to Championship, tried to buy decent players and none would come =[, ended up getting people like Jason Koumas, Dabo, Saha, i was top by 5 points, now im 9th? after 18 games haha (with Leeds btw)

Anyone know what year Arsenal generally get taken (over if they even do?

Does anyone know what may trigger a take-over?

bad finances at a big/medium soze club usually result in a takeover to save the club. Also small/medium teams who climb up the leagues and go on to succeed at the top level may catch the eye of billionairres looking for a plaything, and may get taken over.

so there is no preset date for arsenal to be taken over, it all depends on how well you do on the pitch/how well you manage your finances

Depends how much you spend,for example if you spend alot first season you will most likely get a new board but even then its not sure they can also just sack you or give you less fund next season,there is no certain data where a board will be taken over