Board Takeover

I spent 12 m in League 1 with southampton because of a Nov-Dec takeover :D

bad finances at a big/medium soze club usually result in a takeover to save the club. Also small/medium teams who climb up the leagues and go on to succeed at the top level may catch the eye of billionairres looking for a plaything, and may get taken over.

so there is no preset date for arsenal to be taken over, it all depends on how well you do on the pitch/how well you manage your finances

Cheers!

Another thing, Do they generally use the same names with Take-Overs, or is it random and generated automatically? for example has anyone else ever been taken over by Peter Lorimer ?

in FM 09 i took Entente SSG to the top french league. took about 6 seasons. my 2nd season in the top league they were bought by a billionaire from Panama. i had a transfer budget of a little over 100mil. i missed winning the league by 1 point and he fired me. i was really really ******

Another thing, Do they generally use the same names with Take-Overs, or is it random and generated automatically? for example has anyone else ever been taken over by Peter Lorimer ?

Pretty much every time I play Leeds it's Lorimer when there's a consortium.
I just finished a long, drawn-out takeover, and yeah, it was him.

He wanted to install Alan Shearer, but "allowed me to stay" after some reasonable performance - as in, 21 games undefeated, 17 wins, 4 draw, 12 points clear of second place in the Championship.

Would have made me seriously question the game if I had gotten the boot - after all, I'm the main reason anyone is even interested in taking over the club.

Edit:
After this and last seasons' great run with my team, I still feel quite ****** that I now have to be thankful to keep my job...
So now, new training/youth facilities to look forward to, yay!

Last edited:
ive been taken over many times, but then ive played many more saves and seasons than you lol.

the best was wen i was united. an arab billionairre bought out the glazers after they gave me five seasons of crappy budgets (15mill, 20mill, 11mill, 21mill, 7mill?!) i then had 350mill to spend! 102 million was a disgusting amount to have to pay to get ronaldo back, but it was worth it....
any proof i smell FMRTE
LOL what u said earlier, have u got any proof , i do belive u but it be wicked 2 see

any proof i smell FMRTE
LOL what u said earlier, have u got any proof , i do belive u but it be wicked 2 see

sure no probs. i havent played that file for a while, so my facts were slightly wrong. thai billionairres not arab. having not played the file for ages i assumed my budget was about 350mill as i had bought ronaldo for 104mill. i actually only got 141mill as a budget, spunked nearly all of it on ronaldo as squad didnt need much anywhere else.

i dont have a screenshot of the takeover as my news feed doesnt go abck that far. note the ridiculous money they gave me on my new contract. also they are being absolute bastards with getting the club out of trouble by servicing the debt ASAP, despite a huge budget i only get 50% of money from players sold.

Note slight rises in finances at the end of each season 6/10, 6/11, 6/12 and 6/13 due to prize money form european and domestic competition success. This timeline is concurrent with a normal set of finances. using the FMRTE to add fiannces would result in a huge spike in the graph as far as i can tell. the board took over in the summer of 2013 which is why the finances climbed back to a slightly better level after the prize money spike and then the huge outlay on ronaldo

View attachment 27979
View attachment 27980
View attachment 27981

i dont ever condone cheating, FMRTE, Genie Scout etc are just ridiulous, if you need help beating what is essentially a very large calculator then you probably shouldnt be playing. i still mask the attributes which apparently hasnt been done by most people on here since fm08.

sure no probs. i havent played that file for a while, so my facts were slightly wrong. thai billionairres not arab. having not played the file for ages i assumed my budget was about 350mill as i had bought ronaldo for 104mill. i actually only got 141mill as a budget, spunked nearly all of it on ronaldo as squad didnt need much anywhere else.

i dont have a screenshot of the takeover as my news feed doesnt go abck that far. note the ridiculous money they gave me on my new contract. also they are being absolute bastards with getting the club out of trouble by servicing the debt ASAP, despite a huge budget i only get 50% of money from players sold.

Note slight rises in finances at the end of each season 6/10, 6/11, 6/12 and 6/13 due to prize money form european and domestic competition success. This timeline is concurrent with a normal set of finances. using the FMRTE to add fiannces would result in a huge spike in the graph as far as i can tell. the board took over in the summer of 2013 which is why the finances climbed back to a slightly better level after the prize money spike and then the huge outlay on ronaldo

View attachment 27979
View attachment 27980
View attachment 27981

i dont ever condone cheating, FMRTE, Genie Scout etc are just ridiulous, if you need help beating what is essentially a very large calculator then you probably shouldnt be playing. i still mask the attributes which apparently hasnt been done by most people on here since fm08.

yh i dont doubt u but come on how can u muddle up 350 million with 140, inflation cant make it that high u would have to be in year 2150 or sumin, nice bit of budjet though, jack wilshere i saw u got, nice bit of business, yh ur financial graph looked gd with NO FMRTE , have 2 amit ronaldo is class above messi and every player, thats something funny as i h8 him lol

yh i dont doubt u but come on how can u muddle up 350 million with 140, inflation cant make it that high u would have to be in year 2150 or sumin, nice bit of budjet though, jack wilshere i saw u got, nice bit of business, yh ur financial graph looked gd with NO FMRTE , have 2 amit ronaldo is class above messi and every player, thats something funny as i h8 him lol

just cus i havent played that file for ages. ive been concentrating on my cultural leonesa story. i remembered id signed ronaldo for jsut over 100mill after a billionairre takeover. i assumed i would have got something in the region of 350mill. becuase looking back on it, its a ridiculous proportion of my budget to go on one player. hes till only 28 and banging the goals in though!

im currently managing nottingham forest season 1 and destroying the championship. really want a takeover before i get promted to the prem. does anyone no if forest get taking over and if yes when?

just coming to the end of my 2015-2016 season and the board is now in the process of a takeover!! no need we have good finaces and all our debts are getting payed ,ive been getting approx 70mill plus transfer budget nearly each season bar the first few years so is this a good or a bad thing?

I've only been taken over once and that was with Leeds they seem to always get taken over.

I really want to gwt taken over by a tycoon - im west ham, in my fourth season 2 consecutive premier leagues, 2 fa cups, champions league + more yet I am still £50m in the debt. I was taken over for the first time at the end of the first season - do you think it could happen again?

no idea pal this is my first time, argh i have broken my cherry:$

back on FM09 i got taken over when i got Rochdale AFC to the championship, managed to turn Spotland stadium into a 30,000 seater somehow..

i've neer been bought over by a tycoon though, i've had possible take overs not completed, but i downloaded Max's pompey one though, bought Modric for 20 million and then suddenly Man city bought him off me half a season later for 50..even being billionaires, the ******* board intercepted the offer.. not complaining though.

so far this sounds like it could be a good thing after all then i was worried that my longest ever game was about to go **** up! :(not so much then^^)

im just wondering but earlier on in this thread someone mentioned small teams doing well in higher leagues? well atm im crystal palace in patch 10.3 and got promoted first season through playoffs, then finished 12th/13th second season and last season finished 4th, this season challenging for the title after 11 or so games would this mean id have a realistic chance of getting taken over? thanks if you can get back to me :)

so there is no preset date for arsenal to be taken over, it all depends on how well you do on the pitch/how well you manage your finances

somes it all up really. Keep being successful in your crystal palace game and keep your finances good will increase the probability that you will be taken over