Sounding pretty good then mate, what signings did you make?

Erm, not many tbh, Alex Chamberlain and Delph on loan I think, using LFCMarshall's January update but just entering the second season :)

hey bodell got to game 35 of my afc wimbledon game other day and was going well top, 14 points clear of luton. won every home game except one against luton they beat me 2-1 gave away two stupid pens last minutes grrrrr. manage to sort out for away games just needed to play a bit narrower and that seems to work lost a few but home form amazing. HIGHLY recommend this tactic. i'm bit bored of english league now mate so i am off to start an argentina save if you like i can see if it works in a different type of league i'll see what players i got first though gunna be velez or independiente not sure yet

can't seem to get a screenshot up something wrong with my laptop

hey bodell got to game 35 of my afc wimbledon game other day and was going well top, 14 points clear of luton. won every home game except one against luton they beat me 2-1 gave away two stupid pens last minutes grrrrr. manage to sort out for away games just needed to play a bit narrower and that seems to work lost a few but home form amazing. HIGHLY recommend this tactic. i'm bit bored of english league now mate so i am off to start an argentina save if you like i can see if it works in a different type of league i'll see what players i got first though gunna be velez or independiente not sure yet

can't seem to get a screenshot up something wrong with my laptop

Cheers for the update there mate, sounds like you're going strong, and I'm glad you're going abroad, should give me an idea whether it's good enough for lower league foreign teams.

Keep my updated! :)

Hey,

Just joined the site and I've now downloaded your tactic, I've already started a save with Coventry, I'm already a couple of months into the season but my favoured tactic doesn't seem to work as well with them as it does with Bristol Rovers in the league below!! So I thought I'd give yours a blast!

I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Right Bodell im going to try this, Ill be using Scunthorpe United , I have signed, Sears, Bebe , Verratti , Some free agents from holland which are been watched by Leeds so they must be good. Ill let you know how it goes and i might send you a screenshot of my team so you can recommend how to play them

Thanks.

Right Bodell im going to try this, Ill be using Scunthorpe United , I have signed, Sears, Bebe , Verratti , Some free agents from holland which are been watched by Leeds so they must be good. Ill let you know how it goes and i might send you a screenshot of my team so you can recommend how to play them

Thanks.

Yeah no worries :)

****** **** bodell, this looks good!

Haha, thanks a lot mate.

I'm thinking of doing a two up front version, for the people who have 2 good strikers. One striker playing as a 'Poacher' & the other as a 'Advanced Forward' or what ever suits you, what do you guys reckon?

Last edited:
Hey, just a quick update, I was unable to try this tactic out with Coventry because they decided to sack me before I had enough time to get it going!! :mad: Anyway I'm now in charge of Wigan who have just been relegated to the Championship, so I've tried it with them.

Pre-season went well winning 4 and drawing 1. Started the season with a huge 4-0 defeat to Cardiff (they had 4 shots on target all game, I just could not score), I didn't win a game in the league in August, losing to Forest & Derby, 2-0 & 1-0 respectively, I did manage a 3-3 away draw to Reading though.

September has been a little different though, I've won all 4 games I've played in this month including a 2-1 away win against unbeaten Sheffield United. The other wins were 2-0 at home to Swansea, and 4-0 at home to Sheffield Weds. I also managed to beat Tottenham 2-1 in the 3rd round of the league cup.

It looks as though the Tactic is starting to take effect and i'm slowly climbing the table sitting in 9th at the moment. I've also managed to keep hold of players like Rodallega, N'zogbia & Figueroa (how long for i'm not sure though!) Chris Kirkland (unsurprisingly) got injured before pre-season even started so I signed Al-Habsi from Bolton, also brought in Kightly from Wolves as I didn't really have anyone decent enough for the right wing.

So at the moment after a dodgey start it's going well.

More to follow soon. (I have tried to put up some screenshots but it doesn't seem to want to work for some reason?!)

Yeah no worries :)

Haha, thanks a lot mate.

I'm thinking of doing a two up front version, for the people who have 2 good strikers. One striker playing as a 'Poacher' & the other as a 'Advanced Forward' or what ever suits you, what do you guys reckon?

I'll test if you're needing testers mate?