Bolton FC - Through The Eyes of a Wanderer

Deano

Deuce
Reaction score
Hey guys, not too sure if you'll remember but I did a Valencia story a bit ago and did about three pages and unfortunately one day I tried to load the game and it said it couldn't load it :( I tried very hard on many occasions to try and retrieve the game but to no avail :(

So I decided to start a new story because I really did enjoy the other one and was rather dedicated to it. I wanted to wait a while before starting a new story because I didn't want people to think I was a story ***** and just wanted a new one. I also realize there is another Bolton story on the board and that it is very good but because it's so different I thought it wouldn't be too big a problem to start one myself. But yeah, enough chit chat.

Neeson named Trotters boss

Following the surprising yet perhaps not so surprising exit of Gary Megson, Bolton FC were quick to appoint a new manager. In a move which has shocked most corners in the media, former England international Deen Neeson has taken the reigns at northern club. Neeson enjoyed a fairly distinguished playing career with spells at Brentford, QPR and Fulham.

“I’m delighted to be given the chance here at Bolton. It is a good club with good values and a burning ambition under the surface which is ready to come out.”

When asked if he was worried he would suffer from the same crowd abuse that Megson did during his days as the Bolton boss, Neeson was quick to deflect the question away.

“Gary Megson did a very good job here for Bolton and is a man of vast experience but obviously the club felt the need for a change due to the lack of progression the club has made. All I can say to the fans is that I will be doing my upmost to steer this club back where it belongs. “

Budget: 0
Wage Budget: 425K P/W

Update later on in the day

Last edited:
Hey Deano, i remember your Valencia story. Man what a pity that you couldn't load your valencia game. Villa was deadly! I will be following =) Bolton is a good choice mate. I think i better create some backup for my Liverpool game just in case something like this happen. Good luck with managing Bolton! Im going to have match against bolton now |)

Good luck, should be interesting to see how far you can take Bolton

Sounds good, I'll be following.

Thanks for showing interest guys :) Here's the pre-season update:

Pre Season
View attachment 16834

Transfer Ins & Outs
View attachment 16833

Due to lack of funds we’ve been unable to make any signings however I feel the squad is quite strong and has decent depth. Obviously improvements are needed, but they will come over time.

Friendlies
View attachment 16832

We’ve used the friendlies well and generally performed decently through out the games. The main point was so I could get a better understanding of the lads, and to get games under everyone’s belt which has been achieved so overall quite pleased despite a couple of careless defeats.

Tough start for Trotters

On the eve of the new Premier League campaign, new Bolton boss Dean Neeson was in a positive mood over his side opening fixtures.

"Obviously Liverpool first game of the season isn't the perfect choice, but we're at home and I think we can cause them problems if we stick to our game plan. First game of the season is so unpredictable and you never really know what to expect!"

Up to you mate but I'd try and get Zenden and Viduka on free's, great impact players in the Prem

****** awful team that Wuhan yet they beat us haha. And I would mate but the wage budget is maxed out almost and if I were to sign either of them it would record a loss for us. But who knows i think Zenden might be worth it.

Is that Lee Chung Syo who plays for Bolton any good? Might of got the spelling wrong :p

Is that Lee Chung Syo who plays for Bolton any good? Might of got the spelling wrong :p

His stats aren't amazing by any degree but did well pre season and first game of the season he performed well. He's first choice right wing so hopefully he can make the grade and perform :)

Btw funnily enough zendens gone to Sunderland! lol

And yeah I noticed Muambas stats were not great, especially technically he's very poor. I'm gonna post the first result of the season soon, and then post the next 4 of the month later today or tomorrow.

Hey good luck with your game mate!
If you want to check mine, click my Signature.

Will do mate :) Anyone with decent stories who generally reads mine I'll always read theirs and comment :) once again thanks to everyone who's commented.

English Premier League Fixture 1 - Liverpool HOME

View attachment 16835

Bolton FC 1 (Johan Elmander 66) Liverpool 1

MoM: Zat Knight - 7.5

This was a good result. Very promising from us, we didn't give them any space in the middle of the pitch but they did manage to cause a few problems down the flanks but we generally kept them fairly quiet. Dissapointing to concede from a set piece but we showed great character to comeback, and Johan (Elmander) scored with a diving header from Lee Chung Yong's cross virtually with his first touch of the game. Very promising performance, I'm delighted with the lads.

Last edited:
Hey deano~

Great results there! Have you try Ebi Smolerak? 16finish, composure with 15pace and acceleration. He played Leicester for me and got me 20goals despite poor assistance. Free Transfer btw.

How did you seperate those attached picture? I not sure how to do it, have been using photobucket =x

Hey deano~

Great results there! Have you try Ebi Smolerak? 16finish, composure with 15pace and acceleration. He played Leicester for me and got me 20goals despite poor assistance. Free Transfer btw.

How did you seperate those attached picture? I not sure how to do it, have been using photobucket =x

Yeah I was having a look at Ebi, just not too sure because I have Kevin Davies, Elmander and Klasnic, who are all good target men (play with one striker)

And im not quite sure what you mean mate with the seperating but when you post upload the pics onto here then put them whereever you want with the button next to the smiley. If you elaborate more I'll try to help more mate.

Give me a moment mate, i trying to dig out the Leicester challenge thread, maybe you will know what i trying to say. Sorry for my poor English, i merely pass my English examination =x

PS: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f81/the-leicester-challenge-t23504/page6.html#post233927

I attached 6pictures there but i cant segregate the picture like you did.

Transfer In and Out

*picture*

Liverpool vs Wuhan

*Picture*

But you are able to do that, mine is 6pictures stacked together.
Anyone can assist me? =P

Last edited:
Good Luck, if the transfer window isn't closed, you should try and get Camel Meriem on a free, he's a good Premiership AMRLC..

Give me a moment mate, i trying to dig out the Leicester challenge thread, maybe you will know what i trying to say. Sorry for my poor English, i merely pass my English examination =x

PS: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f81/the-leicester-challenge-t23504/page6.html#post233927

I attached 6pictures there but i cant segregate the picture like you did.

Transfer In and Out

*picture*

Liverpool vs Wuhan

*Picture*

But you are able to do that, mine is 6pictures stacked together.
Anyone can assist me? =P

Ah I see now, basically you need to click manage attachments when you're posting, then upload the pictures you want.

Once you've done that, click the button next to the smiley (its black) and it comes up with your attachments, click the one you want and you can place it anywhere :) hope that helps mate

and thanks John I'll have a look at him now, could use another body in the midfield :)