Bolton FC - Through The Eyes of a Wanderer

good job mate ... i'll be following ...
o yeah, nice result against Liverpool ...
heheheh ...

good luck mate! try the shortlist attached here, its from Fm09 but might have some players you will find useful

August Continued

English Premier League Fixture 2 – Sunderland AWAY

Sunderland 0 Bolton FC 1 (Gavin McCann 35)

View attachment 16880

To be honest today we were well below par and didn’t really attack well at all, our passing was poor and they far more possession but they just couldn’t take their chances and we made them pay for that. Gavin McCann’s 20 yard strike was the difference between the sides.

MoM: Gavin McCann – 8.0

English Premier League Fixture 3 – Stoke city HOME

Bolton FC 2 (Elmander 25, Gavin McCann 33) Stoke City 1

View attachment 16879

We were excellent in the first half and used the ball really good, Stoke were resilient though and kept pushing us all the way to the end. We let in a silly goal before half time which gave them the incentive to come at us during the second half, but we dug in deep and held on for the win. Another great performance from Gavin (McCann) as well, He’s got 2 goals and 1 assist in 2 Premier League games.

MoM: Gavin McCann – 8.1

League Cup 2nd Round – Southampton AWAY

Southampton 0 (3) Bolton FC 0 (5) Penalties

View attachment 16881

This was a hard game and we fielded a weaker team but we should have been able to deal with them and kill them off earlier. But still I cant complain we are through and got the game out of the way. Plus we scored all of our spot-kicks.

MoM: Zat Knight - 7.5

English Premier League Fixture 4 – Manchester United AWAY

Manchester United 1 Bolton FC 1 (Elmander 18)

View attachment 16882

We played extremely well and were able to neutralize their threat and still play some decent attacking football, the one touch passing for Johan (Elmander)’s goal was brilliant. We could have won on another day, the pen seemed a bit harsh.

MoM: Mark Davies - 7.4

Monthly Round-Up

Player of the Month: Gavin McCann
View attachment 16884

Gavin’s had a brilliant month with an average rating of 7.70 and producing some top class performances for us, once you get the best out of him he’s a top player.

View attachment 16883

We’ve done well in the league so far with some good performances, we were so close to an upset at OT but a point is still promising. We've shown this month we are not going to be a soft touch this season.

Deano,your doing some legendary stuff there! Keep it up! I love reading your story and Bolton look like a strong team.I'm going to start a thread on Brentford soon,so much appreciated if you would follow :)

Btw,can you tell me how to do screenshots of your game? Because everytime I press ALT + F9,it doesn't work and I can't minimize my game so I can put it on Paint,save the picture and resume the game so I don't have to quit the game and start all over again.Have any ideas?

Thanks

View attachment 16888

Zat Knight and MOM performances, not heard that before :)

Haha yeah I know I'm shipping him off in january hopefully.

And DanielJordan mate have you made a screenshot file in your FM2010 folder? And thanks mate :) and yeah I definately will follow your thread. Brentford are local for me.

Wow deano, you play Bolton like that are those clubs that are trying to break into top 4
Keep up the good work cos i will be following :)

i didnt know gavin mccann's so good lol. you probably brought out the potential in him. good luck, hope you can get him back into the england international squad ;)

Last edited:
excellent start dude ... hope you'll continue until the end season ... wanna see league champions was "BOLTON" on the 1st season ... (H)

thanks mate :) champions would be a bit too hard I reckon, even if they released me some funds in january, but I'm hopeful we can do well but september has not been very good for us, especially the defence.

September

English Premier League Fixture 5 – Tottenham Hotspur AWAY

Tottenham Hotspurs 4 Bolton FC 1 (Riga 61)

View attachment 16932

Our first half performance was terrible and they made us pay. I was furious with the lads but we showed some character in the second half and could have scored a couple of goals but it’s a reality check for us.

MoM: Mustapha Riga – 7.5

English Premier League Fixture 6 – Birmingham City HOME

Bolton FC 1 (McCann pen 41) Birmingham City 1

View attachment 16928

Unbelievable, we dominated from start to finish and created plenty of chances and I still can’t believe we hit the bar an unbelievable 6 times! Really disappointed because we deserved to get back to winning ways.

MoM: Mark Davies – 7.3

English Premier League Fixture 7 – Burnley HOME

Bolton FC 4 (Klasnic 25, 49, Kevin Davies 45+1, Cahill 77) Burnley 3

View attachment 16929

Amazing game, Fabrice (Muamba) was idiotic and got sent off 6 minutes in and before we knew it, we were 3-1 down. Luckily Kevin (Davies) grabbed a goal just before the break that gave us something. And we totally outplayed them in the second half and fully deserved the win. Delighted with the character we showed to come back even with 10 men.

MoM: Ivan Klasnic– 8.4

League Cup 3rd Round – Wolves HOME

Bolton FC 2 (O’Brien 21, McCann pen 84) Wolves 0

View attachment 16931

Great performance from the lads, we dominated from start to finish and could have scored plenty more. I don’t think Wolves can complain they had one shot on target only. It’s good we got through nice and tidy.

MoM: Andy O’Brien– 8.0

Peterborough cause League Cup Shock

The shock of the round was newly promoted Coca-Cola Championship side Peterborough beating League Champions Manchester United.
What only adds to the shock is the victory of son over father with Darren Ferguson winning the first of what could be many duels ahead in the coming years.

English Premier League Fixture 8 – Wolves AWAY

Wolves 3 Bolton FC 2 (Mark Davies 29, Ivan Klasnic 33)

View attachment 16933

Very disappointing second half, we had a great chance to win the game being 2-1 up at half time and we had deserved to be. But we never got going in the second half and let them come back with two goals. Gretar (Steinsson) had a shocker (avg 3.8)

MoM: Mark Davies – 8.1

Monthly Round Up

Player of the Month: Ivan Klasnic

View attachment 16934

The big forward grabbed 3 goals and 1 assist in his two Premier League games and has shown true dedication since arriving on loan.

View attachment 16930

We didn’t do too well this month with two defeats from four, but the main disappointment was the game against Wolves, we really should have won it. But still we are 7th and are showing good signs here. And we’ve conceded far too many goals this month, 11 goals in 4 games. Not good enough.

nice results. selling muamba would generate some funds cos he's simply ****

good results good luck for the rest of d season
du u use d same tactics every game?

thanks mate, I always keep the formation the same but change some of the strategies depending on the opponent.

Great results there, but is Muamba really ****?? In my save when I started at Bolton he was pretty good and was first choice ahead of Adrien ( portugal international signed from sporting ) * Muamba cant score though -.-

muamba's stats are improving quickly with my training but he's just so so poor technically.

October

English Premier League Fixture 9 – Hull City AWAY

Hull City 1 Bolton FC 1 (Elmander 15)

View attachment 17022

Decent performance and we perhaps should have won the game but our finishing has let us down again. We need to correct this as it costing us points already, it could make things very hard for us.

MoM: Andy O’Brien– 7.5

English Premier League Fixture 10 – Chelsea AWAY

Chelsea 1 Bolton FC 1 (
Gretar Steinsson 15)

View attachment 17018

We rode our luck today and they kept knocking on the door, but thankfully we’ve managed to keep them out and got ourselves a vital away point. We’re going to be playing them again in the League cup 4th round soon, so it should be a good rematch.

MoM: Gretar Steinsson – 8.1

League Cup 4rd Round – Chelsea HOME

Bolton FC 3 (Kevin Davies 5, 27, Petr Cech og 91) Chelsea FC 2

View attachment 17017

Really committed performance from the lad today, we were on top at times, and then they would have spells on top. It was a very close game that either side could of won, but thankfully Ricardo Gardner managed a 60yard sprint down the field and hit too hard for Cech to handle causing the own goal.

MoM: Kevin Davies– 8.3

English Premier League Fixture 11 – West Ham HOME

Bolton FC 1 (Riga 31) West Ham 0

View attachment 17020

It was great to get a win today and we had to dig in deep to do it, West Ham made it really hard and we’ve only managed to win by the skin of our teeth, but it’s our first win in four so we’re delighted.

MoM: Mustapha Riga – 7.7

Monthly Round Up

Player of the Month: Mustapha Riga

The Dutch former La Liga winger has been in explosive form playing a huge part in Bolton’s good showings against the likes of Chelsea and West Ham.

View attachment 17023

Competitions

Disappointed not to have beaten Hull because that was a game we should have one but we put in a great showing at Stamford Bridge in the league game to earn a point, then managed to knock them out of the cup in an exciting game. The win over West Ham ends the month perfectly as it’s our first in four.

View attachment 17021

View attachment 17019

does anyone have any sugestions on who I should get rid of?

im gonna post the same thing again lol. FABRICE MUAMBA/nicky hunt/ali al-habsi/jloyd samuel/tamir cohen.
this are my views though and its solely up to you to decide but i strongly advise you to sell muamba lols (6)

no i was looking to get rid of cohen, habsi nicky hunt but I may keep muamba, hes been doing very well.