Bookies stop taking bets on Torres move...

• Thread starter Thread starter Stann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 102
  • Views Views 8K
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he stays great.

If he goes, good ******* riddance.
Finally a bit of sense from a Koppite!

---------- Post added at 02:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 AM ----------

Am I the only Liverpool fan who thinks if Torres leave it'll be a good thing?

Say Torres does leave, and say we get £50 Million for him (That's the figure I've seen floating about the most, so I'll go with that) Just think what we could do with £50 Million? That is if we get all of that to spend, if we do great, we could get a new striker maybe £20-30 million, who might not be a 'Torres' but someone who will get goals and not be injured all the time. We could also strengthen the team, and lets face it we need some more depth.

If I'm honest, I want him to leave, 'cause I can see him getting injured again, and then us not really having a goalscorer.
Again you're absolutely right, hence why Chelsea should not make this acquisition.

Finally a bit of sense from a Koppite!

---------- Post added at 02:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 AM ----------

Again you're absolutely right, hence why Chelsea should not make this acquisition.

If it's sense you want? Wait till Zebedee finds the thread. That guy speaks more sense then anyone normally.

Say Torres does leave, and say we get £50 Million for him (That's the figure I've seen floating about the most, so I'll go with that) Just think what we could do with £50 Million? That is if we get all of that to spend, if we do great, we could get a new striker maybe £20-30 million, who might not be a 'Torres' but someone who will get goals and not be injured all the time. We could also strengthen the team, and lets face it we need some more depth.

If I'm honest, I want him to leave, 'cause I can see him getting injured again, and then us not really having a goalscorer.

If he does leave for 50million you will be lucky to get half of that to spend. That is the problem when you have dicks who run and own the clubs always putting them before the club.

it really depends on how much of that money you get back to be honest.

a stat from zeb:
He's averaging 39 appearances a season since moving to Liverpool. And he'll get you, on average, 24 goals in those appearances. That's an average over three full seasons.

Rooney, over that time period, has been averaging 45 games a season and scores 24.

Droghba, over that time period, has been averaging 39 games a season and scores 22.

injured though he might be he still gets you a lot of goals, he still got 22 from 32 this seaon

If he does leave for 50million you will be lucky to get half of that to spend. That is the problem when you have dicks who run and own the clubs always putting them before the club.

I'm not sure how much we'll get to spend.

Zeb is the one who knows a great deal about the finances ect. So I'm hoping he sees this and can spread some light onto it.

If it's sense you want? Wait till Zebedee finds the thread. That guy speaks more sense then anyone normally.
It was a meer bit of friendly banter Coach Carter, I didn't mean anything by it.

If he stays great.

guess its got to that point where hes just gotta make his mind up, cant see how much more can be said to him, hogdson is doing all he can in the market, got a great player in cole

---------- Post added at 02:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------

apparently macherano had talks with roy for the first time today, will be annoyed if he stays, one of the best players in the world in his role

If he stays great.

:S Even if he does go he has been brilliant at Liverpool, no need to be bitter if he leaves.

---------- Post added at 03:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 AM ----------

apparently macherano had talks with roy for the first time today, will be annoyed if he stays, one of the best players in the world in his role

Love Mascherano as a player, probablt because I try to replicate him a bit on the football field. Will be disappointed if he leaves but it's his decision, if he wants to leave let him. I just hope Hodgson doesn't decide to bring Dickson Etuhu in to replace him ;)

:S Even if he does go he has been brilliant at Liverpool, no need to be bitter if he leaves.

---------- Post added at 03:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 AM ----------

Love Mascherano as a player, probablt because I try to replicate him a bit on the football field. Will be disappointed if he leaves but it's his decision, if he wants to leave let him. I just hope Hodgson doesn't decide to bring Dickson Etuhu in to replace him ;)
yeah, he more than did the damage for you. not sure what the borad expect when they screw over the man that brought him here.

cant stand masch but he is so **** good. hopefully you'll move for gago or poulsen.

zeb wasnt too happy with the style of the friendly. ill be watching the euorpe game closely

Last edited:
yeah, he more than did the damage for you. not sure what the borad expect when they screw over the man that brought him here.

cant stand masch but he is so **** good. hopefully you'll move for gago or poulsen.

zeb wasnt too happy with the style of the friendly. ill be watching the euorpe game closely

Agreed about the board and Masch is a beast. I'd prefer Gago to Poulson tbh, be hard to replace Masch though.

And the friendly against Kaiserslautern? We were different to how we were under Benitez, we hoofed it up field far too much although whether this is the way we will play competitively I'm not sure. Hope not though. We were awful against Kaiserslautern but it's possibly to be expected with basically our reserve side.

Last edited:
Saw something about it on SSN when they were showing the morning papers.

Apparently a £25 million bid from Inter will be coming Liverpool's way for Mascherano once the sale of Balotelli is finalised, and it is looking likely to be accepted.

Nothing bitter. Think of it this way.

If he stays, it proves that he is as loyal.

If he leaves, it proves that he is unloyal.

Simples.

Simples.

Or wants to win something before he retires.

Simples.

He could of signed for Chelsea before he signed for us... Chelsea are a side who have been better than us for seasons and I think they were title champions when Torres rejected a deal from them, holding out for an offer from Liverpool. Liverpool are his second team behind Atletico but he is one of the best strikers in the world and at the moment Liverpool are a team who finished 7th in the league last season.

Think of it this way, would you say Ian Rush is unloyal because he moved to Juventus or say Kevin Keegan is unloyal for moving to Hamburg? Nah, didn't think so.

Or wants to win something before he retires.

26 years old...

Atleast 6 years of top level football...

Plenty of time, and we could do with the money.

---------- Post added at 03:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 AM ----------

He could of signed for Chelsea before he signed for us... Chelsea are a side who have been better than us for seasons and I think they were title champions when Torres rejected a deal from them, holding out for an offer from Liverpool. Liverpool are his second team behind Atletico but he is one of the best strikers in the world and at the moment Liverpool are a team who finished 7th in the league last season.

Think of it this way, would you say Ian Rush is unloyal because he moved to Juventus or say Kevin Keegan is unloyal for moving to Hamburg? Nah, didn't think so.

Didn't Rush say it was a massive mistake?

I hope he stays.

But if you don't want to play for Liverpool, you don't deserve to.

Didn't Rush say it was a massive mistake?

I hope he stays.

But if you don't want to play for Liverpool, you don't deserve to.

He did, but he still left. So, didn't Keegan or Rush deserve to play for the club?

Off the current topic but if Mascherano and Torres go, that's like £70-80m in the kitty, Hodgson could bring in some class players with that; so losing them, yea will be a loss but Roys keen eye for talent, influence and abilities could make it work?..

He did, but he still left. So, didn't Keegan or Rush deserve to play for the club?

Football was different back then. Players used to move from rival to rival, ala Beardsley.

Money wasn't really a motivation back than so you're comparisons falter.

---------- Post added at 03:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 AM ----------

Doesn't matter. Liverpool are heading down the table, not up.

You support Spuds. Now Now.

Leave this debate to the big boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back