Bookies stop taking bets on Torres move...

• Thread starter Thread starter Stann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 102
  • Views Views 8K
Status
Not open for further replies.
but i was saying this during last season saying liverpool should sell torres and buy a squad not just 2 players that dig you out of a hole from time to time and back then liverpool fans were slating me.

Last edited:
Benayoun was injured last year, and out of the handful of games he played he did *****.

39 games last season, 8 goals. He wasn't injured for that long and the games he played he did well ;)

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Be pleased if he stays but won't be too dissapointed if he leaves.

No player is bigger than L.F.C, as Phil Thompson rightly pointed out recently. If he wants to go, let him. He's a great player but he's also not irreplaceable. The problem as has been stated here is we don't know whether the money pocketed will go to Roy or those pair of cowboys in the board room. Having said that i don't think he'll leave.

Torres won't leave. I can't believe some fans actually want him to go. Torres last year still [even with his injuries] scored 22 goals, that's probably more than any fully fit replacement would score.. Him leaving would be the end of us in all honesty.

Torres won't leave. I can't believe some fans actually want him to go. Torres last year still [even with his injuries] scored 22 goals, that's probably more than any fully fit replacement would score.. Him leaving would be the end of us in all honesty.
really bizarre thinking by those fans

as if anyone in real life like chelsea would want to buy sakho, you have been playing FM too much mate

as if anyone in real life like chelsea would want to buy sakho, you have been playing FM too much mate

Sakho is regarded as a top prospect in Europe :S

If he does go to chelsea, we can swap him for drogba + 60 mil, If he goes to City, we can swap him for Tevez + 50 Mil.

But i want him to stay!

If he does go to chelsea, we can swap him for drogba + 60 mil, If he goes to City, we can swap him for Tevez + 50 Mil.

But i want him to stay!

Theres a little bit more to part exchanges than just you have him will take your player, done.

But i want him to stay!

Wishful thinking?

Firstly, those teams will be unwilling to let those players go.
Secondly, they aren't stupid enough to offer that.
Lastly, why would those players want to go to Pool?

Wishful thinking?

Firstly, those teams will be unwilling to let those players go.
Secondly, they aren't stupid enough to offer that.
Lastly, why would those players want to go to Pool?

Thats what i would like, but i know it wont happen

Torres is staying ( hodgson, sky news and the papers saying this ) but mascherano is going. hmmm. I think were very lucky that the fact fernando is a liverpool fan. i reckon 25m to inter for masch...would like more for him

Last edited:
24 hours to go and no mention of this in the press yet. He must have an injuction...

But i want him to stay!

Torres isn't worth 60M on his own, let alone with Drogba or Tevez added on.

Dumping this here so I know where to find it.

Tony Barrett
Updated 1 minute ago

Liverpool manager’s optimism tested as Europa League begins with vital players still on the beach after their World Cup exertions

Four weeks to the day since his reign began with promises of a brave new world, Roy Hodgson heads into his first competitive game as Liverpool manager having declared that the squad he inherited is ill equipped for the immediate task at hand.

That Hodgson had cause for complaint is beyond doubt, with the World Cup hangover costing him the services of several of his senior stars for tonight’s Europa League third qualifying round, first-leg tie against Rabotnicki, of the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.

The hand that has been dealt to him is a poor one and the time and opportunity afforded him to make the most of it has been wholly insufficient.

But there was something about his mood and his sense of foreboding yesterday that flew in the face of his pronouncement 28 days ago that he was embarking on his dream job. Tetchy and at pains to stress the difficulties he is encountering, Hodgson carried the air of a man who has recognised the size of the challenge facing him.

If this was the dose of reality that his appointment was intended to bring, then it was administered with a surprising brutality given his reputation as a gentleman of football.

Gone were the platitudes about how even the shortcomings of Liverpool in their present state did not make the manager’s job any less attractive. Gone also was the optimism that his arrival at Anfield had ushered in.

Instead, Hodgson cut a surprisingly irritable figure, even finding reason to come out with a cryptic comment of which Rafael Benítez, his predecessor, would have been proud. “All we ever seem to do at Liverpool is have discussions,” Hodgson said, having been asked if he had held talks with the club about the importance of the Europa League and where the competition rated on their list of priorities.

From being invigorated, Hodgson suddenly and inexplicably appeared burdened, to such an extent that he even allowed himself to contemplate the possibility of Liverpool being beaten by Rabotnicki, a club of such modest renown that, when pressed on his knowledge of them, the Liverpool manager could offer little. “We know as much as we were able to find out in a week,” he said.

“If the worst happened and we didn’t get through because Rabotnicki prove to be the stronger team, then we were not able to sustain the current situation. In World Cup years it is a tremendous burden on the senior teams from countries like England, Spain, Italy and Germany to have to play third qualifying round matches on July 29 when players haven’t returned from holiday.

“Everybody, most of all Uefa, knows you can’t bring people off the beach, give them three days’ training and throw them into a first-class game. So the team will be different to that that starts the Premier League season.

“I couldn’t have envisaged at the start of my time at Liverpool a more difficult situation, coming to Skopje, playing a good opponent, having very little chance to work with the first team and not having as many as ten first-team players.

“Does it detract from my first game? You could say that. But the team, I am confident, will not let the club down. We will be trying to win but I’m far from confident that will be the case.”

Talking down his team’s chances is all well and good if it lessens the expectation that has had a crippling effect on Liverpool, but if it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy it will be another matter entirely, particularly because one of the biggest challenges facing Hodgson is to convince his detractors that the job he has taken on is not beyond him.

Rabotnicki (possible; 4-3-3): M Bogatinov — G Dimovski, Fernando Lopes, E Belica, V Sekulovski — V Tunevski, N Gligorov, G Todorovski — Zé Carlos, Wandeir, Fabio Silva.

Liverpool (possible; 4-4-1-1): D Cavalieri — M Kelly, M Skrtel, D Wilson, D Agger — D Amoo, Lucas Leiva, J Spearing, M Jovanovic — A Aquilani — D Ngog.

Referee: A Damato (Italy).

24 hours to go and no mention of this in the press yet. He must have an injuction...
Yes, seems my sources were getting somewhat ahead of themselves.

it sound like the media already starting to grumble, he hasnt even played his first game

it sound like the media already starting to grumble, he hasnt even played his first game

Hmm, more like Mr.Hodgson is "not a happy bunny" as one journo commented about the press conference. Barrett was very close to Rafa, but he's a good red and he's not the only one to have picked up on how frayed Mr.Hodgson appeared.

Mr.Hodgson will get this picked up on a lot more because he has his reputation to live up to. Lot of pressure on him. Some of the off the record stuff he's meant to have said is making me very, very cross though I can understand why he's doing it from the point of view of trying to pass the blame elsewhere should things not go well. Almost as if he's trying to create a no-lose situation for the Europa League. Not what Liverpool is about. Those young lads should go on the pitch knowing that we'll accept the result, whatever it is, providing they've done their utmost. Sadly, way too many numpties in the fan base right now and think Mr.Hodgson is aware of how that generates column inches.

/me rantoff ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back