Kyanite Can you post a screen of how to play the Liverpool first 11 please ?

Kyanite Can you post a screen of how to play the Liverpool first 11 please ?

Mignolet
Clyne - Lovren - Matip - Moreno
Can - Henderson - Wijnaldum
Mane - Firmino - Coutinho

I rotated a lot though, so the line up isn't that relevant really.

im having a very bad time at minute Moral is very low and we are losing mosy gams away need to try and get morale to a decent then hope we win a few games but in 9th position , Need help with this !

25 shots a game, can't score. Not the players, I have Griezmann, Ozil and Asensio in the top 3 positions!

25 shots a game, can't score. Not the players, I have Griezmann, Ozil and Asensio in the top 3 positions!

Try changing your training and playing an actual striker in at least the middle position like you're supposed to.
Analyse your game and see where all the shots are coming from. Are you getting plenty of crosses from your full backs?

Asensio isn't ideal as the playmaker because he's left footed and therefore will struggle to cut in.
The AM on the right meanwhile isn't ideal either because he represents a winger and requires a pacey right footed player like Mane to stretch the opposition.

Try swapping the AM on the right to AM on the left with the same instructions then AP on the right.
That should hopefully help your front 3 that consists of only left footed players.

I have some serious problems geting my ballwinning midfielders to perform...Any tips? I finished 2nd in The premier league in the first year with liverpool..but i really want my midfielders to score more goals and provide with more assists!

if you can choose whoever you want for this tactics, who do you think will be in your team?

finally repaired my laptop,have created 2 versions of this tactic so am going to be testing it with las palmas today.will let u know how it goes

Do you put any individual training on your players? Like improving a technique or a specific role...

Do you put any individual training on your players? Like improving a technique or a specific role...

Other than trying to train players as AMCs (e.g. Sturridge), not really. However that doesn't mean you micromanaging your team and adding individual training to players in areas where you think they would benefit you will necessarily hurt you either. You're the gaffer, go for it :D

The reason I ask was, I'd noticed players attributes dropping slightly. So maybe changing training for individuals would have an effect on the tactic as a group kinda think.

Thanks

The reason I ask was, I'd noticed players attributes dropping slightly. So maybe changing training for individuals would have an effect on the tactic as a group kinda think.

Thanks

To be honest I think this is a new "feature" in the game this year which is meant to promote proactive managers who assign training to their players to get the best out of them versus managers who just neglect it and to punish them attributes drop more often!

I was streaming the other day and a few people watching in the Twitch chat recommended that I make a video explaining some elements of this tactic further, so here it is.

[video=youtube;yjwCJFlBTYM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjwCJFlBTYM[/video]

I had a very blocked nose when filmng so take it easy! XD

Just beat Man U 6-1 in the second season with this using Liverpool so figured it was about time I posted saying how great it was! I'm unbeaten in all competitions going into November 2017 and have beaten City and Chelsea by 3 or 4 goals already. It's brilliant to watch.

To be fair the squad is massively improved as it is ridiculously easy to make huge profits in the transfer market in this patch (seriously crazy money offered for average players if you do it right, a good trick is to offer transfer listed players out on loan first with an agreed mandatory fee after 5 games, clubs will agree to stupid fees that way). So I do have an outrageous front three now of Hazard (unhappy after Chelsea finished outside of the European places, still had to pay a world record fee mind - worth every penny so far!), Firminho and Griezmann. Hazard has 12 goals and 7 assists from 11 games as the AMCL; Firminho has 10 goals and 5 assists from 8 games; Griezmann has 12 goals and 5 assists from 11. Pretty fun to watch those three at work it would be fair to say!

It was great in the first season too though, I won the league reasonably comfortably in the end although to be fair I was using other tactics at various points as I was messing around testing loads of tactics out in the early part especially, so it wasn't *all* down to this one. Firminho finished top scorer with 29 goals and 12 assists (again, not all games used this tactic, I'm not sure what the break down of goals was for all of these players). Coutinho had a fantastic return of 24 goals although "only" 6 assists. Mane had 11 goals and 6 assists although he barely scored any after going away for the ACoN, his ratios were loads better in the first half of the season. I signed Oxlade-Chamberlain (overpaid massively for him but I wanted an English player in case I get a hard Brexit!) to compete for that role, he got 11 goals and 8 assists from 23 appearances (only 14 of which were starts). The tactic was and is brilliant to watch, I was struggling to get into FM2017 until I started using this now I am very much addicted!

In the second season I rotate between three different versions of this tactic. The original, which I use for quite a few away games and all games against top teams. I have a version with a control mentality for when against opposition who park the bus (which is mostly everyone in the second season!). Sometimes I select "retain possession" on that version too and I almost always remove the instructions for the AMCR and AMCL to man-mark. The latter seems to help them as attacking threats, I'm not entirely convinced about the effects of the former, I need to test it a bit more. I also use a version I tweaked into a conventional 4-2-3-1 (AML as an Advanced Playmaker (Attack); AMR as an Inside Forward (Attack); the Shadow Striker pushed forward and given a False 9 role; one of the BWM(s) moved into the AM strata as an Advanced Playmaker (Support). All of the moved players have the same PI's as they do in the original tactic, plus any additional ones that come with their new roles. TI are all unchanged from the original except I use the control mentality for this one too. I'm not overly convinced about it, it's definitely not as good as the first two tactics but it's nice to mix it up a bit to confuse the opposition and it does still work well enough, certainly scores plenty although that might just be down to the outrageous quality I have up top. I don't use it that often really as the two strikerless versions are performing amazingly and are sublime to watch.

All-in-all this is by far my favourite tactic on the new FM, it's not plug and play in the traditional sense as you note which may put off some but for anyone who sticks with it I think they will not regret the decision! Thanks a lot for sharing this tactic, it's great, keep up the good work!

Just beat Leicester 9-0 using the control mentality with "retain possession" ticked. We created 8(!) clear-cut chances and 11 half chances. Hazard as the AMCL had 10 key passes which is by far the highest I've seen in this iteration of FM so far.

Tactic is going from strength to strength for me now. Hazard has 19 goals and 11 assists from 17 games; Griezmann 19 goals and 9 assists from 16; Firminho 15 goals and 10 assists from 14 games. I know those are all world class players (certainly the former two are, Firminho's stats don't leap out at you as a goal-a-game player) but they are still sensational numbers by any measure, especially in a strikerless tactic. An absolute joy to watch!

Interestingly even when I remove the man-marking setting and have "retain possession" selected my team almost unfailingly still covers 5-10km more than the opposition per match, so clearly the gegenpress aspect is still working very well even with the settings tweaked slightly.

Just beat Leicester 9-0 using the control mentality with "retain possession" ticked. We created 8(!) clear-cut chances and 11 half chances. Hazard as the AMCL had 10 key passes which is by far the highest I've seen in this iteration of FM so far.

Tactic is going from strength to strength for me now. Hazard has 19 goals and 11 assists from 17 games; Griezmann 19 goals and 9 assists from 16; Firminho 15 goals and 10 assists from 14 games. I know those are all world class players (certainly the former two are, Firminho's stats don't leap out at you as a goal-a-game player) but they are still sensational numbers by any measure, especially in a strikerless tactic. An absolute joy to watch!

Interestingly even when I remove the man-marking setting and have "retain possession" selected my team almost unfailingly still covers 5-10km more than the opposition per match, so clearly the gegenpress aspect is still working very well even with the settings tweaked slightly.

All these different versions you're making, why don't you share them here with some result images? I'd love to stick them in the post and give you credit of course :)

All these different versions you're making, why don't you share them here with some result images? I'd love to stick them in the post and give you credit of course :)

The tweaks aren't worth posting as new tactics - as I said the 4-2-3-1 I'm really unsure about and the control version I use is literally just the same tactic with the mentality changed and the "Mark Specific Player" instruction removed from the wider forwards (and occasionally "Retain Possession" added, which again I am still not convinced of either way). At any rate I don't think it's as good overall as the original counter version though it has it's uses - I do definitely recommend taking the "Mark Specific Player" instruction off regardless of mentality when you are a strong team at home against weaker ones parking the bus though.

I'll get some results images uploaded next time I boot the game up - I'll go back through the first season especially as it was a much weaker squad so the results are more impressive, although I'll get some from season 2 to showcase what it can do with world class players too of course!

How do we set the players yo man marker I can find this on tactic screen or before game??

Found it!!!!
Where is it?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk